Anyone here own a 30 pin adaptor yet ?

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
If so I'm jealous! I need like 3

One for work,one for the car,one for home..any idea when apple said these will be readily available?

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I placed an order for one on apple.com the first day that the iPhone pre-orders started (9/14). My order is still "processing" and my estimated delivery just says "October".

I don't know why Apple didn't make sure to have an abundant supply of these available at launch!:confused:

ericg301

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
To me, the adapter issue is the biggest .."gate" scandal that's come out of the iPhone 5 launch.

To release a new flagship device with a new connector, without its complete ecosystem of adapters and cables is an insult to Apple's customers. Seriously.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
To me, the adapter issue is the biggest .."gate" scandal that's come out of the iPhone 5 launch.

To release a new flagship device with a new connector, without its complete ecosystem of adapters and cables is an insult to Apple's customers. Seriously.
I know what you mean. I'm mad that these new phones don't have parallel port for my old printers, or a FireWire port. How could you do this Apple!! I dont care about technology advances, i wanna use my cables I bought 10-20 years ago

Mengels7

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
I know what you mean. I'm mad that these new phones don't have parallel port for my old printers, or a FireWire port. How could you do this Apple!! I dont care about technology advances, i wanna use my cables I bought 10-20 years ago
I think it's more the fact that they've had this planned for a while, they ARE releasing an adapter, and they didn't have it ready with the launch of the phone. Saying there was no way to convert from Lightning to 30pin would be a different story.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I placed an order for one on apple.com the first day that the iPhone pre-orders started (9/14). My order is still "processing" and my estimated delivery just says "October".

I don't know why Apple didn't make sure to have an abundant supply of these available at launch!:confused:
Yeah I made the mistake of adding one to my iPhone 5 ordered. As it stands I have yet to receive ether with my dates saying the same as yors for the whole order. :(

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
I think it's more the fact that they've had this planned for a while, they ARE releasing an adapter, and they didn't have it ready with the launch of the phone. Saying there was no way to convert from Lightning to 30pin would be a different story.
I understand. But all I had to do was use the cable that came with my phone. I needed one for work too, so I bought an extra which is $10 cheaper than that adapter, and available now. Problems solved!

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I understand. But all I had to do was use the cable that came with my phone. I needed one for work too, so I bought an extra which is $10 cheaper than that adapter, and available now. Problems solved!
Same here. Bought an extra cable. My car has a USB plug so it was perfect.

I feel bad for people who have lots of speakers, etc, with 30 pin, though. :eek:

Personally I love the new cable and don't fault Apple for changing it. They stuck to the old 30 pin for ~ 10 years. However, it's really lame they didn't produce enough product so now people are stuck waiting for adapters.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
Fortunately, myself and hopefully for many others, all of my charging and power accessories are of a USB platform. I simply had to purchase 2 additional lightening units for the ip5.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
Seems like all the accessories (except for the earpods) for the iPhone 5 are a hot commodity.. I reckon someone on Craigslist was selling a box of lightning to USB cables for $40 a pop..

I'm curious as to why there are no official cases from Apple yet for the iPhone 5

ericg301

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Reread what I said. I have no problem with them changing the technology. But to not release the entire ecosystem at the same time is simple disrespectful.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
This is what happened with the Camera Kits in 2010. It all worked out and the inconvenience was minor in the long run. I waited for shipping then and I'm waiting for shipping now. I'll live and so will you. :)