Anyone lining up at AT&FAIL store tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hojoon0724, Jun 28, 2010.

1. hojoon0724 macrumors regular

Like the title says...

Is anyone planning on getting their iPhone 4 at AT&FAIL tomorrow?

If so, what time are you lining up?

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

3. ducktales macrumors regular

it's AT&T man...oh wait...

[​IMG]

4. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

The question is, are you? I certainly hope not considering how you feel about AT&T.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

6. hojoon0724 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes.... It's like having a really bad relationship but amazing sekks.
    You know it's gonna end in tears but you do it anyways.

I'm usually the first one in our group of friends who gets Apple stuff on day one. I'm that guy who waited 11 hours for the original iPhone and got the iPad on day 1. But this time all my friends have the iPhone 4 but I don't. Mine comes on July 8th. No choice but to visit our failmasters AT&FAIL

7. mhdena macrumors 6502

Cingular/AT&T has been good to me for 13 + years :D

I hope this iphone 4 is improved as the iphone as been the phone thats dropped the most calls in and around LA.

8. mytran80 macrumors regular

I'll be there at 6:30 , no biggie if I don't get it , I want the white version anyway

9. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

Same here. I wouldn't change carriers even if given the choice.

To hojoon, at least you admit you're "that guy". Ha.

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Gonna be there at 3AM. Going to drive by soon. They told me to expect long ass lines, so gonna see if people are lining up already.

11. Fenir macrumors regular

1am est here, going out at 2am. Don't know if there will be people there or not.

12. war eagle macrumors 6502a

People already lining up outside of mine here in Auburn, AL. Not me. Fudge that. I waited 5 hours for the 3G and I said never again.

13. Fenir macrumors regular

Not to bring this up in this thread, but my Aunt ordered one from the Apple store and got hers last week, and has finally got to use it extensively, and she has reported a vast number of increased calls. She told me in one day she had more dropped calls than the whole 3GS and wants to swtich back to the 3gs.

Oh well. I'll have to learn to hold the phone differently while apple decides what to do. Excited to wait though!

14. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Anybody think they will let me buy an iPhone unsubsidized? I do have ATT and its up in Apr '11 (I can get the $199 price) but don't want to resign up. Have reserved an iPhone at the Apple Store, but still havn't gotten an email that its available yet. Maybe say it will be for a gift?

15. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

Why would you want to pay an extra $400, when you can just pay an ETF for less anytime?

For instance, sign up again now for $200. In 9 mos that will be a $325 - 90 = $235 ETF. Total cost is just $435 vs $600.

16. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

On a family plan anyway. My mom (and I) hate ATT and aren't resigning up for another 2 yrs. If I sign up for another 2yrs, it affects her line also. (correct me if I'm wrong)

17. violaguy5 macrumors member

I'm pretty sure ATT does contract by line. So your mother's line wouldn't be affected by your new contract

18. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Think so huh.? hmm. I don't trust ATT lol. I'm thinking about going there like around 6-6:30am for ***** and giggles. If I cant get anything, then it wouldn't be as bad as if I waited 7 hours now and get shafted.

Also, I'm 20 (21 on the 30th FTW) but my name isn't on any info on our account. Not that I know of, so I wouldn't be able to do any contract stuff without her there. Maybe I can get a hold on the iPhone then until she comes home from work.?

19. detroit1 macrumors regular

the iphone is exclusive to AT&T for at least all of 2010. AT&Fail won't sell the iphone till at least next year ;)

20. Fenir macrumors regular

I got here at 1:37 am. First in line. Around 145 two people showed up together. Just us three right now.

Also: no wifi, no 24hr restaurants nearby, no power strips, and no 3G. But get this: across the street from me is another AT&T store. No one there though.

Just gonna type up an organic chemistry 2 lab report. Gotta love summer classes!

21. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You're making me worry. I'm planning on lining up at 3.

22. grantrobarts macrumors member

It's 11PM in Sacramento right now, and my AT&T Store has roughly 20 people in line already. At the front of the line is a 6 man tent pitched. Unbelievable... totally discouraged me.

23. Fenir macrumors regular

I wouldn't worry too much. No one has gotten in line in the last hour. Usually it's a case of one semi-big (or worried?) fanboy getting in line a bit early, an starting a chain reaction. But I also like coming out because I joy the expierence in general.

24. gibbz macrumors 68030

My fiancée and I got here at 8:00p and were first in line. I know it's crazy but we figured we had nothing better to do on a lazy summer night, so why not camp out and get her phone (I already have mine). It is now nearly 2:00a and still no others.