Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
XIII said:
I know someone got a silver medal from this mornings papers. All over the front pages. National pride. *Sniff*
Indeed – fantastic, eh? A Silver in the Women's Skeleton Bob for Shelley Rudman. She'll probably be an early contender for BBC Sports Personality of The Year after this.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
emw said:
This thread is going downhill faster than Bode Miller after a six-pack of Budweiser.

LOL over this comment!! This was about the only thing I have seen funny in this thread so far!!! :)

But like the NBC commentator said the other night about Bode being seen in the bar the night before the race...thats just Bode being Bode!! :D

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
macartistkel said:
But like the NBC commentator said the other night about Bode being seen in the bar the night before the race...thats just Bode being Bode!! :D
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Bode Miller is really pissing me off with his "I don't care if I win or not" attitude.

This is the OLYMPICS, Bode. 99% (or more) of your fellow athletes have worked their asses off for a substantial fraction of their lives for that one chance, that glorious few minutes of achievement which will give them a chance for an Olympic medal. For many of them, it's their one shot at greatness before they return to a "normal" life. They all take it VERY seriously, which makes it sad that someone who is clearly so talented doesn't appear to give a crap about winning and goes out drinking the night before his best shot at a gold medal.

Bode Miller is to the Winter Olympics what our NBA players are to the US Olympics basketball team... someone who doesn't care about success and just wants to party all the time. I respect his talent, but I don't really respect him.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
clayj said:
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Bode Miller is really pissing me off with his "I don't care if I win or not" attitude.

This is the OLYMPICS, Bode. 99% (or more) of your fellow athletes have worked their asses off for a substantial fraction of their lives for that one chance, that glorious few minutes of achievement which will give them a chance for an Olympic medal. For many of them, it's their one shot at greatness before they return to a "normal" life. They all take it VERY seriously, which makes it sad that someone who is clearly so talented doesn't appear to give a crap about winning and goes out drinking the night before his best shot at a gold medal.

Bode Miller is to the Winter Olympics what our NBA players are to the US Olympics basketball team... someone who doesn't care about success and just wants to party all the time. I respect his talent, but I don't really respect him.

Oh don't be sorry....I totally agree with you on the point you made....I was merely laughing at the fact they even commented on his drinking during the olympic event.....THAT is the only thing I found quite humorous.

His "I don't give a eff" makes me not respect him too.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
No TV, no Olympics.

Don't care about sports, except soccer World Cup.

bemylover

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
Tymmz said:
No TV, no Olympics.

Don't care about sports, except soccer World Cup.
Dude, what about champions league? You have to watch Chelsea Barcelona, it's on February 22.

Other then that, I am in the same situation. No TV, no Olympics, no nothing. No time. Even no Simpsons :(

But I'll visit local sports bar for Barsa Chelsea and Chelsea Barsa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.