Anyone regret the White iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aibo82, Mar 27, 2011.

1. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Apr 11, 2010

Been using the iPad over the weekend love everything about it but in the back my mind I still think I should of gone black.

The White is defiantly not distracting and looks nice when on just not seamless when off :(

I was going to get a MacBook pro that's black bezel same as iPhone.

I have a black on order but 4 weeks wait and the White has 28 day returns Akk what to do lol!
  2. saving107 macrumors 603

Oct 14, 2007
    San Jose, Ca

I regret even considering the option of getting a black model.
  3. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Jul 18, 2010
    I still like the white. It's different and adds interest.

I did find it a little distracting when watching videos in the dark, but not enough to make me want black.
  4. Brookzy macrumors 601

May 30, 2010
    I don't understand this! The White is AWESOME through my eyes! Black is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO first gen :cool:

Just be happy! :D
  5. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Wht or blk

I'm so glade I chose the wht. And I got lucky I walk into target last week looking for 16g3g and the guy goes to yes we just got them in. What color would you like wht or blk. I was like wow yr kidding me I'll take wht. Mind you I had a blk reserved from best buy. I'm soooo glad I got wht
  6. ParishYoung, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Mar 18, 2008
    Bristol, South West UK
    I love my white iPad. I'm glad Apple made it available, and I'm glad I queued and bought it. And I love my red Smart Cover too.

My honest opinion to you though, is that if you are not 100% happy with your purchase, and you have the option to return it, you probably should.

There is no reason to stick with it if you're not happy with it.

Only you can decide for yourself.

- - -

While you're at the store, you can hold a black one and see which you prefer. then you can make the right choice. By right choice, I mean right choice for YOU.

- - -

My only "regret" is that I couldn't (not wouldn't) afford to buy the 3G version. But I don't take my iPad out so no major issue there.
  7. thesiren macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2011
    outer space
    Are you texting this from an old school nokia using T9?

Y r vwls mssng??
  8. DeLoMan macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2008
    I agree! Loving the white more than I imagined. Rocking a tan Smart Cover and wrapsol on the back of the iPad.
  9. C N Reilly macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2008
    Perfectly happy with the white here. No issues or distractions (or regrets) whatsoever.
  10. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2008
  11. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Feb 16, 2007
    I had the whit and then traded for a black. I'm trying to get a white back again. Reading and surfing is nicer with the white. Black is a bit better for video but I realized I read the news and surf mostly.
  12. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Jun 19, 2010
    black is more hard core but white is cooler / fresh. To each his own.
  13. CrosshairDF2 macrumors member

Jul 13, 2008
  14. applelvr macrumors member

Mar 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I went to Best Buy and they had them side by side. I originally thought I wanted white. However, after I played with both I decided I liked the black one better. I am definitely happy with my choice. So go to a store that has both & compare.
  15. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2007
    Canada EH!!!
    White iPad sucks .... bright screen .... black area around it ... then white?? No thanks!! :D
  16. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Mar 12, 2006
    Columbia, SC
  17. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2006
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

NOTE TO O.P - You need to read "The Paradox of choice" ASAP.
  18. JLemm macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    is it a 32gb? i'll go to my local best buy and get black and trade ya!
  19. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Mar 12, 2006
    Columbia, SC
    Every time I see Paradox I'm reminded of the quip "pair-of-ducks"....LOL!:D
  20. madhatter61, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

madhatter61 macrumors member

Mar 16, 2011
    TV's originally all had black Bezels. Most still do. As the theory goes it psychologically seems to improve the appearance of contrast.

However, some TV's include LED back light because additional light helps with eye strain. White will tend to reflect a bit of light and help with eye strain.

Now a lot of Apple displays are all White. Apple researches this stuff a lot.

So now where are we ... Black vs White. It simply comes down to choice... either are very nice. I dislike folks who are overbearing with their preferences, like it is old school. No it isn't ... just their opinion. I accept their opinion for themselves, but not others unless others agree also . I originally planned for black, but they only had white in stock. So we now have white. Works for us.

Life is too short to worry about this category of detail. Just isn't that big a deal. Make your choice and enjoy it. That is the bottom line.

What may make a difference is the slight yellow blemish light and is only noticable when the screen is black and the room like is also quite dark. This is suggested to be an issue of letting the adhesive completely cure, it may take weeks. If this condition is extensive Apple will replace your unit. Now this is something to consider.
  21. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Jan 29, 2008
    Once you go black you don't go back!

Black goes with everything and is unobtrusive to daily use.
  22. simply stunning macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2010
    When I got mine they didn't have the wifi only, so I opted for the 3G as my only criteria was that I wanted a white one. That said, I love it, and couldn't see myself buying it iblack at all.

Now let's hope for a white iPhone this year...
  23. seanpholman macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2007
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    I got white because the last black one was sold in front of me. I figured after three hours in line, I could always return it. After two weeks of use, I really like it and will be keeping it. No regrets.

Oh, and I went with the red Smart Cover. Bi-winning!

24. macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    I've got both black and white. I like the white much better. I'll be taking the black one back to Target or selling it to a fellow Mac Rumors member if anyone is interested in it.