Anyone sending back their iPhone x?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Nov 4, 2017.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I am totally underwhelmed with mine. I honestly need a bigger screen then this for my workflow. I shudder to think how much the Xs plus will cost me, but that is the one to wait for.

I really wish they offered one in the S8+ size. 6.2 inches is the new 5.5.

2. macher macrumors 65816

macher

Well the X is really meant for the non plus people like me who like the smaller form factor because of being more comfortably pocketable. Plus size feels like a brick in my pocket. X is the perfect size wouldn’t want it bigger in form. I’ve always wanted Apple to use as much real estate to get a larger screen without making the phone bigger and they did it this time. The X isn’t much bigger than the 7.

3. -pizza- macrumors newbie

-pizza-

unfortunately yes. Bought the SG version, arrived with a scratch on the stainless steel upper band.

4. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502a

Appleloves22

I’m debating it...I’m really debating it. My 7+ had no issues with it.

5. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

I work outside of the office most of the time. Large phones have (mostly) supplanted my need to be on a laptop to review things. Unfortunately this small screen won't cut it for me.

More then willing to cart around a giant phone for the added real estate.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I bought a SE recently as a going out phone, and good does it feel good to slide that tiny phone into my pocket.

The X is a step in the right direction, but unfortunately.not the phone for me.

6. Daley347 macrumors newbie

Coming from a 6 I am incredibly happy with mine. Perfect upgrade for me in terms of hardware and form factor.

7. mashinhead macrumors 68030

I'm thinking I might. Lack of reachability is an issue. These gesture solutions aren't good. Face id is nice. Screens nice. But one handed use is crucial. I could do this no problem with a plus. I find tendons hurting with this phone. This isn't a smart aspect ratio

8. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

it's still a big screen just a smaller body. not sure why people thought it would be anything else.

9. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Iphone x has a bigger screen than the plus.

10. skywest153 macrumors member

What do you mean? Reachability IS on the X, but you have to enable it in settings. It's not on by default. Settings > General > Accessibility

Once activated, swiping DOWN on the bar at the bottom will enable the mode.

11. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

Nope I have upgraded from 7+ and I was anxious it would be too small so I didn't sell my 7+ in advance.

However I love the size and the disappearance of the bezels and home button and face ID and and and!!

12. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Erm... this is a bigger screen than any previous iPhone so I'm really not sure how doing anything will improve on your "situation".

13. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

It is taller but not as wide. Great for watching videos. Not great for reviewing documents, or typing emails.

It has less useable space then a plus sized iPhone.

14. aneftp macrumors 601

I’m gonna to re Buy iPhone 8 Plus. Had just returned it Wednesday but 8 Plus is the better phone (for me) over the X.

My wife doesn’t even want her X either. She’s happy with her 7 Plus.

X screen is smaller for her. I haven’t opened her X but she saw it at Apple store So her iPhone X is sitting unopened since I got it from att.com and don’t want to open it cause they charge $45 restocking fee from att. Apple doesn’t. May just flip it for profit. It’s paid on full.

I’m gonna to wait for next Saturday sams club $250 gift card promo deal on iPhone 8 Plus

15. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

You can turn on reachability in your accessibility settings.

16. seb333 macrumors newbie

I just can't live with the blue shifting of the screen, even at slight angles.

has to be a defective unit ?

Anyway I've made up my mind, it goes for reimbursement on monday.

For people who think I'm crazy I can't recommend enough you test it and see it live before buying it, especially if you care about screen quality and colors...

17. mashinhead, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017

mashinhead macrumors 68030

Yes but these gestures have a very narrow band for success. To many failed attempts. Gestures aren't good. Phone should have been wider not taller too. About the only thing I'll miss is the oled display

All the sacrifices are really just for AR. Which isn't that important to me

18. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

that will buff out

19. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

accessibility settings does fix the issue in terms of yellow. think people need to play with the settings or me it fixed everything.

I've even switched true tone off on OLED screens it looks different

20. THFourteen macrumors 6502a

THFourteen

I have to agree with you here, I keep failing multiple times to bring the screen down. There must be a trick to it. But it’s really annoying as without it the phone is unusable.

21. Wise87 macrumors 6502

Well OLED is apples future so I guess your done with buying iPhones from here on out. The shift is not a defect but a natural result of OLED displays.

22. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

I definitely feel ya. Even though the screen is the same size as the Plus... I feel that an opportunity was missed to offer a massive 6 or 6.5 inch screen model... which would now be managable due to the lack of bezels.

23. Zwopple macrumors regular

No no no, the phone is perfect width, any wider and unless you have massive hands you can't reach the side with your thumb.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The X does have a nicer camera then the 7+, but overall its not much of an update between the 7+ and X

25. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Nope. Coming from a 7+ as I like the bigger screens but not so much the big size of the phone this is a perfect solution for me.