Anyone skipping this generation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appledestiny, Sep 9, 2015.

1. appledestiny macrumors newbie

I've never really been into the "s" models. Anyone holding out for the iPhone 7 next year?

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I will be, but not out of choice. College tuition killed any chance I had of upgrading this year. My 6 will definitely be good for another year though, so I'm not worried.

3. DigitalPharmcst macrumors member

DigitalPharmcst

I am. I've got a 6+ and the features are cool but I'm actually content with my phone I have now. I think the features are cool on the 6s+ but I'll wait and see what they offer on the 7. I've always been on the number upgrade cycle and not the "s" cycle. I'll be jealous of the new phone owners though.

4. cymolia macrumors 6502a

5. kargurin, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015

kargurin macrumors regular

kargurin

Probably skipping. I love the battery life of the current Plus. I streamed the live event today, over 5 hours of usage and after a full day I'm still at 42%. Now we have a much faster processor and this touch force business.... how much juice is this gonna suck up? Hopefully the 7 will have wireless charging and if it isn't in the S, 2gb memory.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I imagine a lot of people are. Not because there's anything wrong with the 6s, but 2 year contracts are still pretty much the norm.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I had been hoping to get one, but my old phone died about a month ago so I just got a 6+ I'll probably skip this one and maybe get the 7, but more likely wait for the 7S as I tend to like S updates better.

8. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I have my iPhone 6 so I can't justify the upgrade.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not getting a 6s or 6s+. I have a 6+, four months old, an upgrade from the 5 and I'm in a lease.

That and I'm on the number cycle, not the 's' cycle. I skipped the 5s too.

10. ThisOldMacHead macrumors member

Bingo! I held on to my original iPhone until the 4 came out. I refuse to go on the Next ripoff scheme. Pretty much everyone I know still goes for the two year contract. That's not to say the 6S isn't a solid upgrade (despite other's apparent disappointment)... My cycle simply dictates a 7 for my next upgrade.

11. se7endreams macrumors newbie

It would be pointless to upgrade from the 6 to the 6s. Anyone else with older gen models would benefit more from upgrading.

12. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

There is only one thing I hate about my 6 Plus - the RAM, which contributes to Safari page crashes, app crashes , springboard crashes. Why do I know? Because my iPad Air 2 handles everything just fine.

Other than RAM, the phone is really very great, and the battery life is insane. I don't see the point of 3D Touch, but improvement to the cameras are welcomed.

I probably won't upgrade this year, except I did for every last generation since the 3GS.

13. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

14. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

I think I will upgrade to 6 from my 5s now. And then will upgrade to 7 next year. Anyone is thinking like this?

Or maybe buy the 6s on upgrade... not sure which one is more worth it.

15. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

We've always been on the "non-S" track and I feel we've missed out on improved devises. I think the S-track is the place to be for true enhancements. We'll be eligible for Next upgrades, but we'll see. Our current phones, 6 and 6+, work fine.

16. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

Canadian dollars are killing it for me right now so I'll stick wth my poor choice of 16gb iphone 6 for another year.

Hopefully a 5" regular 7 next year :)

17. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I view upgrading from the 6 to the 6S is comparable to upgrading from an iPad Air to an iPad Air 2. Very minimal improvements.

18. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors regular

iKnowMr.Jobs

Wasn't tempted in the slightest...until Apple announced their own iPhone upgrade plan that is worlds better than AT&T Next. Then again, I get tempted to buy the S phones every year for a few days following the announcement before I conclude that it probably isn't worth it. All of the reviews will have the same tag line at the end like every year: "If you have last years iPhone, this probably isn't worth it. Any older than that, it most certainly is"

19. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Ill be skipping, I just don't have the funds. But it's not too bad my 6 will be fine for another year.

20. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Tempting but honestly I can't bring myself to upgrade every year. And I don't want to sell my existing phone every year to get a new one. 've held on to iPhones for 3 years at a time with the 3G and 4S. But do plan on getting the7

21. Damolee macrumors 6502

Waiting for the 7 because I expect the shape will change for the better again.

Just wish Apple would pay some attention to battery life for the first time ever.

22. Cheplampardfan macrumors member

I was gonna upgrade my 6 for a 6s but since the battery on the 6s is smaller I'll pass until the 7.. Get your **** together Apple, we need better battery life not 3d touch or what u call it

23. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

before the event I wasn't going to get a iPhone 6s but now I'd love one, but I think I going to hold until next year, Unless they introduce Iphone Scheme into the UK soon.

24. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I'll be passing which ends my streak at 3 (5->5S->6), not due to financial reasons but due to not seeing a benefit in the upgrade for me.

5 -> 5S Touch ID (use daily)
    5S -> 6 Apple Pay (also use daily)
    6 -> 6S I can't see a "must have" feature for my usage.

I will be buying the iPhone 7 assuming it has the usual non-s changes.

25. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Agreed about the S phones being where the real improvements are. the number upgrades usually just get a redesign and small spec upgrade, I'd rather have the bigger internal changes and have the old design with all the kinks worked out like the S generations have. Unfortunately I'd had to buy a 6+ a month or so ago so I'll be skipping this generation, hoping to be able to hold out for the 7S so I don't feel like I missed out on any big changes that come with it.