Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I just got my 15Pro and some of me wishes I got the max now.

It’s so light and feels good in the hands. Might do a switch

Anyone else with me?

I had the pro max in my hand at the Apple Store so I felt it.

Chucky1991

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2023
I went from a 13P to a 15PM, honestly doesn't feel much heavier but maybe it's the cheap case I am using currently.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Well I have 15Pro setup, gonna see how I like it over the next week.

I don’t watch a lot videos or anything on my phone, and my last phone was a 12pro.

bsmsam

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
Struggling with this decision currently. I have my regular Pro delivered and unopened, and a pickup tomorrow morning for a PM. The weight of the previous Max phones bothered me, and it sounds like that's not an issue anymore. I'm just afraid to think the PM is too big for my pocket etc.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Struggling with this decision currently. I have my regular Pro delivered and unopened, and a pickup tomorrow morning for a PM. The weight of the previous Max phones bothered me, and it sounds like that's not an issue anymore. I'm just afraid to think the PM is too big for my pocket etc.
15 pro max weight is way lighter and pocket friendly, especially light material short. You will love it like I do.

Reactions: dms_91 and bsmsam

Mesmerize._

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2023
Italy
Switched from a 14 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Titanium Blue. The smaller size is so cool. Btw I’m an average height guy but with very tiny hands…

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
I really enjoyed going from the XS max to the 13 Pro. In the regular Pro's defense, the amount of content you see on that screen is really not much less than the Pro Max if you are primarily web surfing. Mobile layouts just aren't optimized enough to take proportional advantage of the extra screen space.

Now I'm going to the 15 Pro Max and hoping it won't be too large. It's the smallest by width of the "Max" phones ever so that's got me intrigued enough to give it another shot.

Reactions: Jetcat3

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I was going to maybe switch to pro after my heavy 14 pro max, but the 15 pro max feels so much lighter…even just picking up from table no longer feels annoying…really is my fav part of the phone so far too….I also have a pro unopened but contemplating just sticking with the max and returning the pro its that big of a difference.

It’s just smaller enough and much much lighter that if you’re on the fence, I would say go in the store and try the max.

GoodGuy313

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
I honestly appreciate both form factors. After 3 years with Pro Max models, I went back to the regular Pro. Not regretting it at all. Now it would be just a matter of how battery life performs.

Reactions: Zayway86

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
I went from a 14PM to 15P and like the lack of brickness but do miss the screen size, you can’t have both with Apple at the mo which is why I have a Fold too. If Apple do make a foldable (seems unlikely) then that will cover all bases For me.

bsmsam

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
Now I’m tracking down a 15PM.
Can’t find a natural titanium yet.

How often do they update stock?

I think in the past we saw new stock daily after launch. But the store went up later today than previously, so I don’t know if everything’s the same. Maybe if you check at 6am and 8am locally you’ll be able to find one, hopefully. I checked here and there throughout today just to see, and I did get different results every so often, but by like 1-2pm it was just black or blue PMs.

makeitrainnaren

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2020
I’m not sure how I feel to be honest. I’ve never had a plus sized phone, I have large hands, but I prefer portability with skinny jeans. The weight distribution of the pro max is nice but reaching the top takes too much hand gymnastics even with the reduced height and my first iPhone with the island. Might crack the seal on the regular pro I have

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I can actually, I can exchange my phone though if you want that.

Would you mind capturing a photo, showing that when holding the phone with one hand, that your fingers can cover the entire area of the screen without having to shuffle the phone in your hand? Because I'm not going to lie, I'm impressed, you must have gigantic hands!

• Haha
Reactions: ascender
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.