Anyone think Apple will release new iPhone this Summer???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfyrfytr25, May 24, 2011.

1. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Let me start by saying anything is possible with Apple, if they decie not to release a update until this fall they will do it despite any reasons why they shouldn't.

But, I cant help to think that after what happened last year with leaked phone, Apple is going out of there way this year to push these september roomers out so they can just eliminate any thoughts of getting a new one this summer and then BAM!!! everyone is suprised at WWDC when he says "one last thing"

I can totally see Apple doing this just cause they got miffed about last year.
    Beside, with all the competition out there, havng a 12 month upgrade cycle is bad enough. But to push it out this year to 14,15 Months seems like a really bad idea.

so, what do you think????

2. mltaylor macrumors regular

Not to be "that" guy but there have been so many of these threads and I don't usually do this but...roomers? really? Rumors :D

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

The more rumors and ridiculous stuff that starts flying around about the new iPhone the more and more I think you're right. As a matter of fact I have never subscribed to the theory that the new iPhone will drop in September.

4. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

It would be suicide if they didn't. iPhone is way behind current smartphones as it is. Mouth watering new features at Google I/O and Windows Phone 7 Mango are on its way too.

5. superdudeo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I got a nasty feeling we'll get the iPhone 4s, same thing but better camera and processor. If we do, apple will lose major market share which makes me think the longer the delay the better the news.

6. jfyrfytr25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

First off, please link me to one thread that talks about the september release being fueled by Apple due to their lost prototype last year.

Sencond, Pointing out someone elses spelling errors on an internet forum is ignorant. I am not writting an English essay. in fact I am writing it quickly while on my iPad.

So, not to be "that guy" but, **** off

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Personally I think there have been enough rumors from enough different sources that I believe we will see the phone in September. Hopefully I am wrong.

8. mltaylor macrumors regular

Nah. Trust me I hate the correction guy too...it is pointless but roomers. That is just insane.

Also, I think it will be September after all the rumors and the fact that Verizon just got the 4 here in the States.

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

i hope so as i am due an upgrade.....dont really want to be waiting until September.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have a feeling they want to maximize white iPhone 4 sales as much as possible

11. jfyrfytr25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

so you think it makes sense to skirt the AT&T customers and the rest of the world that has the iPhone just because Apple released the same model to a CDMA provider in the US 6 months later. Everyone acts like it was such a feet to release the iPhone on Verizon. I'm sure apple had the verizon iphone designed back last summer when they released it for At&T.

12. mltaylor macrumors regular

I'm not sure holding a phone for a few months is skirting customers. Nobody is saying it was a feat to bring the phone to Verizon either but they just got the 4, so that wouldn't sit well with Verizon customers.

13. roflc0pter macrumors regular

No chance. White i4's just came out. iOS 5 still in development

June = iOS 5 introduction

September = iPod event + iOS 5 final + iPhone 4S w/ two new carriers (T-Mobile + Sprint)

Just my predictions :)

14. dave420 macrumors 65816

So? A lot of AT&T customers just got the iPhone 4 as well. People can research and see what Apple has done in the past before making their decision about their phone. In fact I remember something at the Verizon release about the phone being "for people who had to have it now"
    I'm expecting an iPhone 5 in June, and am waiting to upgrade to it.

15. mltaylor macrumors regular

Well in the past they didn't have a CDMA phone...they didn't even make phones a few years ago. Things change...

16. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

No need to point out the guy's bad grammar.

He isn't a native English speaker (obviously) so cut him some slack :D

Also, nobody knows when Apple will release the next gen iPhone except God, you can try e-mailing him and see what's up: sjobs@apple.com

17. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

No point in needing to maximize White iPhone sales.

Once iPhone 4S/5 comes out, they will knock the 3GS out and then fill that spot with iPhone 4.

18. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

i dont think the white iphone 4 even matters in the deision, its just white and does the same as the black so then its about 11 months old, they would make bank if they do what they did with the 3gs with the 4, i think its coming in june.

19. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Yeah I think the same. If they release the next iPhone in black only then the White iPhone 4 will still sell well so...

20. dave420 macrumors 65816

And this year they started making one...Should the Verizon customers be mad at Apple that they have been able to use the iPhone for months now? Would they rather have Apple waited and not release a phone for Verizon until the iPhone 5 was ready for both of them?

21. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I don't completely agree with you.

I doubt the white iPhone 4, or the Verizon iPhone 4 has anything to do with this.
    C'mon lets be realistic, how many people compared to AT&T bought the Verizon iPhone 4?
    Do you think Apple really cares about that tiny bunch of people? Moreover, most of the people on Verizon were happy that the iPhone came to them, but are holding out for the iPhone 5. Same with AT&T customers, and same with everyone around the world.

So what are the chances of iPhone 5 to be released in WWDC? Not a lot.
    Why?
    Because Apple releases a preview of iOS a few months before the next iPhone is released. It looks like September event (beginning of the month) will be when the iPhone 5 will be announced.
    Heres hoping rumors of a completely revamped iOS 5 will be true!

Also, i don't know why some people are calling it the iPhone 4S. It's the 5th generation iPhone, and until Apple releases the official name, i think iPhone 5 is sufficient.

22. mltaylor macrumors regular

I agree customers shouldn't be mad, or however it should be said, at Apple if they released the iPhone 5 this summer but they would def. be annoyed. Remember when the original iPhone price was reduced and the backlash that ensued. (I am def not saying that would happen because that was just ridiculous on Apples part) I do think tho that Apple is more delicate in making these sorts of moves.

iPhones are still selling like hot cakes and the iPhone 4 would still sell well into September also. Many people buy the iPhone without thinking it isn't the most technological device on the market, that won't change this year.

23. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

i also dont think people will care they will want the iphone 5

24. dave420 macrumors 65816

Maybe Verizon customers are used to frequent upgrades? According to this list it seems like some companies release multiple Android models in a year. I don't know the details of all those devices, but it sems like some companies release a lot of models in a given year. A second iPhone from Apple this year wouldn't be that different.

25. pyro008 macrumors 6502

If the rumors of a small upgrade are true AND they wait until September, I see a lot of people with upgrades switching to Android devices. Sure, 4G isn't even available in most areas, but 4G is the hot new thing, and to people who dont really know about stuff like that, a 4G phone is way better than a 3G regardless of whether they can make use of the 4G network or not.