Anyone think the iphone 5 build is sexier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccapman670, Sep 25, 2014.

1. ccapman670 macrumors regular

I just bought a iphone 6 full retail since I'm still grandfathered in to Verizon's unlimited. I previously had an iPhone 5. I love the screen size of the 6 and the speed but I can't help but think the build quality isn't near as sleek or sexy as my 5. The black and slate, corners, bezel etc. The 6 feels cheaper.

2. shaunmed macrumors regular

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I think the Black and Slate smokes them all, but other than that, the 6 feels much nicer in the hand and is better proportioned.

4. MacBreezy macrumors regular

5. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I agree. I moved up from an iPhone five to the 6+. When boxing up the iPhone 5, I noticed how elegant and sleek it looks. Much more elegant than the 6+. However, things are moving forward.i'm just hoping that the 5/5S are not the last elegant phones Apple makes.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

The black/slate iPhone 5 was a thing of beauty. Unmatched by the others. The iPhone 6 looks better than all the other 5/5S colors though.

7. Hexaea macrumors member

Hexaea

I think the 5/5s are the best looking iPhones. The 6 doesn't have that same premium look to it; it's more like an android phone in my opinion.

That said I still did pre-order a 6 plus.

8. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

The 4/4S is still the best looking iPhone ever produced. It really did look like a very expensive piece of gear, like a Leica camera or something else Swiss/German and costly.

5 looked worse than 4 and 6 looks a bit worse than 5.

Honestly I think that Apple was in such a hurry to get the larger screens out that they might have had to short-cut the design process a little more than they normally would.

My hope is that they will reverse this trend with the iPhone 7, and give us another work of art telephone that looks like it costs far more than it actually does.

9. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

The iPhone i4's design is still my favorite iPhone design. That's the phone that first made actually consider getting an iPhone. However, the 4 wasn't available on verizon in the summer of 2010. But yeah, that thing was beautiful. I also loved the gold 5S. Easily the best looking phone out of the 5S line up, IMO. As for this year, I've said it so many times and I'll say it again...the space gray 6/6+ is absolutely beautiful.

10. stevearm macrumors 6502a

The space grey 5S is stunning, far nicer than the 6. Better, more usable, phone too. I returned my 6 and got a 5S a few days ago, loving it.

11. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I you describe your phone as "sexy", you have issues.

12. julesgold macrumors regular

13. ccapman670 thread starter macrumors regular

If you don't think the black/slate iphone 5/5s is sexy I would say the same about you ;)

----------

I've been contemplating returning the 6 for a 5s. I needed to upgrade mostly because my 5 is a 16gb. Thinking about getting the 64GB 5S. I've only had the 6 for two days though. Might give it some more time.

14. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I think the 5 is better looking, but I always throw a case on my phone anyway. I prefer the 6+ with leather apple case to the 5 with leather apple case.

15. oplix Suspended

oplix

I don't know about sexy but iphone 6 is the sleekest one yet. Take the enlarged footprint and a thinner profile and that equates to much more sleekness. It looks like it belongs in the year 2014

16. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Honesty, the slate iPhone 5 is my favorite color of all time. I dig the all black.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

iPhone 5, Black/Slate, 2001 monolith look. Hands down my favorite. Spaced out gray on the 5s and above will never beat black/slate.

I'm biased of course because my iPhone 5 is still my primary phone, but I still think it looks better than the fugly 6/6+.

I don't like talking about the 4/4s. Apple killed the 5 before they killed the 4s. I hate it for that. ;-)

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I was actually quite disappointed going from my Black & Slate 5 to Space Gray 5s as Space Gray is quite boring and doesn't look as nice as Slate.

You might as well keep the 6 as you're stuck with Space Gray and unless you get the Gold 5s, it won't look as nice as your Slate 5.

19. ruckleapple macrumors member

Yes!! I've been thinking this from day one of getting my 6. You see an iPhone 5/5s and it screams Apple. iPhone 6 screams generic android phone to me and the various iPhone 5 owners I've shown my new 6 to.
    But having said that, I'm loving the extra screen realestate.

20. oplix Suspended

oplix

Good maybe now the two can resolve their petty differences and become friends.

21. cyberbro macrumors member

cyberbro

To the OP, Yes, I got rid of my 5s to get the 6. I just said the other day I wish they just made the 5 bigger and I'm sure the extra thinkness could have helped the battery life as well. I don't like the feel of the round corners and it now seems to slide more in hand.

22. ccapman670 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh no I forgot 5s was space grey and not slate! :O

Yeah I find the 6 looks more like a generic phone where as the 5 reminded me of a fine Swiss watch. It's like a G shock compared to a datejust!

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

A bit of an exaggeration as even the 5s looks quite generic in Space Gray. If the 6 were available in Black & Slate (and they made the antenna bands a bit thinner), people would be all over it as the best looking iPhone ever.

24. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

I did this. I had the 6 for a few days and hated how I felt so clumsy with it in my hands. Don't get me wrong, it's a great phone and the screen was awesome but portability and ease of one-handed use were my main priorities. I had a slate 5 and I loved that color. My favorite iPhone by far and the excitement getting it on launch day was unmatched. Anyways, I exchanged my 6 for a space gray 5s and am happy. The speeds are practically the same as well as the camera. Only real thing that's missing is Apple Pay which I probably wouldn't have used anyways and the bigger size which I don't really need.

25. arliu macrumors regular

As much as i love the 6+, I think the gold ip5s is nicer looks wise