Anyone Try: 3G Unrestrictor + Facetime?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MT0227, Aug 1, 2010.

1. MT0227 macrumors 6502

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

3. MT0227 thread starter macrumors 6502

Damit...was hoping it was going to work. Thanks for the update.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It won't work. Facetime is not app, it's a feature.

5. jason221 macrumors 6502

Did you try unrestricting the Phone application, since FaceTime resides within it? Or is that what you did originally.

6. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've attempted unrestricting pretty much everything on the phone.

7. gimano67 macrumors member

Same here. Hopefully, somebody will figure out a fix soon

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Not with facetime, it does work with iTunes and the app store. I downloaded a few TV shows using unrestrictor on my iPhone 4. Nice to have it back!

9. MT0227 thread starter macrumors 6502

10. freejack macrumors regular

freejack

Just tried facetime using my3g with my wife. It was pretty darn smooth. Voice quality was excellent also. Finally we don't need to use Fring anymore. The video chat on that was horribly bad.

11. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

This is excellent news. Btw are you having problems with apps not properly multitasking in the background?

12. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

My3G and FaceTime is acceptable to me. Much better than Fring.

13. nima2007 macrumors newbie

14. iWeBZ macrumors newbie

FaceTime Unrestricted Works!! Sort of...

It does work... But there's a problem with it... Add FaceTime to the unrestricted list... Then try and make a call... It's going to fail, but then go back to 3G Unrestrictor and remove FaceTime from It... Here's The Trick!!! Even though FaceTime was removed from the list, get out of unrestrictor, and attempt ur call again! TADA!!! it works!!! But... U gotta do that each time u reboot ur phone!!! ENJOY!!! it took me 3 hours to figure that out... But I was facetiming all day at work!!!

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I just tested out an hour ago.
    Works fine over 3G. A little grainy at times but does the job.
    No problems with making calls or anything. 3G unrestrictor and FaceTime on my i4 worked nice and easy.

16. BIG BOSS macrumors member

BIG BOSS

It worked for me. However, it froze during the calls.

17. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Worked for me. They now have the Phone app with () next to it that says (FaceTime). Also, it now says the app officially works with FT.

And yes, i tested it, though the other phone was on wifi, mine was on 3g and it worked fine. (My gf is strongly against jailbreaking her IP4 and she always has access to wifi except when driving so I can't test 3g to 3g calls but wifi to 3g definitely worked.).

Attached Files:

18. coasterider macrumors regular

19. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

YUP.
    well i didn't try it myself. but a friend of mine was on the road using 3G unrestrictor...
    he was literally on the road driving, he bought a cell cradle and just put his iphone there.

was pretty amazing how a jb app can make this facetime feature happen without any lags or whatever... (there's a little here and there. but if your reception and 3g coverage is good, then NO PROBLEMS) :D

20. vtmikevt macrumors regular

21. NyteShayde macrumors newbie

Working Screenshot?

I've seen the screen capture of the "working face time" from the dev. This is a screenshot just before connecting to a FaceTime conversation. Does anyone have a screenshot of an actual conversation happening using 3gU?

I have the "phone : FaceTime" added to the list of apps in addition to appstore and youtube. Youtube successfully played in HQ, and I was able to D/L a 60MB podcast from itunes all using 3g.

The problem I'm having is the same bieng reported here and elsewhere. Upon initiation of a FaceTime conversation, it "rings" twice then says FaceTime unavailable. It no longer gives me the wifi required warning, which is a start.

Let’s hope this gets resolved. :)

Dev Twitter: http://twitter.com/KStreichDev
    Dev "mobile" Site: http://www.kstreich-dev.com/m/

22. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The reason that is done is because once the facetime call is stablished you cannot see the top bar, or that you are in fact over 3G, so a Screenshot of FT over 3g looks just like one over wifi.

The fact that the call is "connecting" over 3G is good enough to show that it works, since before without wifi you couldn't even get that far

23. outz macrumors 6502

i tested it yesterday... seemed to work great. quality was just as good as the wifi call.

24. NyteShayde macrumors newbie

Thank you for the explanation, makes good sense.
    As stated earlier, I too can initiate a FaceTime but the request never reaches the recipient, failing 100% of the time for me so far. I haven't been able to find a fix for this.
    I guess at this point I’m looking for a helpful diagnosis of why this isn’t working for me.

I am new to the world of iPhone so I apologize in advance for any obvious resolutions I'm over looking.

iPhone 4 4.0.1
    3G Unrestrictor v 2.2
    Jailbroken using jailbreakme

Initiating FaceTime: http://tinypic.com/r/29ayz6h/4
    2 Seconds Later: http://tinypic.com/r/vymyrn/4
    3g Unrestrictor apps: http://tinypic.com/r/aovzgy/4