Anyone using the Apple cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JerTheGeek, Mar 16, 2016.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I have both the leather and the silicone ones for my 6 and I really enjoy them. The leather has a nice premium feel and the silicone adds a nice grip. Anyone else using the official Apple cases on their 6 or 6s ?

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I have their leather case that is in my regular case rotation - I agree with you.

3. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I have the leather but I don't use it. The bottom is much too open and could get scratches more easily than with other cases.
    I'm currently using a Sonix. Slim profile and covered all around the sides, top, and bottom except for the ports.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

As I mentioned in another thread, I've tried a zillion cases on my phones. Generally I always find something I consider a deal breaker and end up taking it off. However, the Apple leather cases are probably my favorite and when I feel I need a case (tend to go naked lately), I put on an Apple leather one. I have the midnight blue, the new saddle brown and a product red. I had a black one too but couldn't find it about two months ago last I looked for it. I think my son may have "borrowed" it.

5. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I have the midnight blue leather as well, love the color, and it matches my fav AW band, the Midnight Blue SB!

6. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Yep! After using so many third party cases, coming back to the apple silicone was a great decision. Great grip, doesn't make the phone thick and it looks great. Overall I'm really happy with mine.

7. Macsta macrumors member

Macsta

I have both the Black and Midnight Blue leather cases, like most have said I have tried many 3rd party cases but keep going back to the Apple cases as my daily drivers.

8. tomi03 macrumors regular

tomi03

Yes, I use the silicone case (green, orange and blue) and I like them more than other cases

9. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Love my green silicone case, such a great color, also love the matching green SB for my AWS.

10. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I use the saddle brown leather case on my gold 6S

11. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Nice combo!

12. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I really like that combo.

Also considering getting a navy silicone case as well. Haven't tried a silicone case since the original for the 6 in 2014 but it attracted too much lint for me. I'm sure the 6S cases are better and I've read the buttons are also nice and clicky with the silicone case.

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I never used cases with my previous iPhones, but the 6s is so slick I decided to get the black leather Apple case
    I tried it and liked the feel of it, but... my battery drained like c r a z y
    I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is true
    Without the case, excellent battery all day long, only losing about 6 or 7 % by the end of the day with normal use
    With the case, lost over half the battery in a day with little to no use
    Tried everything and finally took the case off and bam... excellent battery returned
    I have no explanation for it, but that's my experience
    I'm back to going nekkid for good
    But yeah, loved the leather case look and feel

14. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I think they added new colors today unless I missed something. I don't recall them mentioning it in the keynote. I love the Marine Blue leather color.

Attached Files:

15. goosin' macrumors member

goosin'

I bought the midnight blue leather case when I bought my 6S+. IT reminded me of the navy blue smart cover I got back when I got my iPad 2. I did like the feel of it, but sometimes I felt like I was ruining the leather when my hands got sweaty and I held my phone in them. The case I have now is the Tesla leather case, and damn this is the nicest case I have ever had on a phone. The leather on it is far more premium than Apple's. This is the longest I've used the same case on my phone.

16. Daria macrumors regular

Daria

What a weird phenomenon! Perhaps you should make a new thread about this occurrence ? It'd be helpful to know if this has occurred in others' experience.

Haha, get another leather case, but from say, Levenger and see if the same thing happens! They have great customer service & return policy.

17. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Do the silicone cases still peel after a couple weeks? My silicone case for my 6 plus did so I've been trying to stay away from all these new colors.

18. Kan206 macrumors member

There is many new colors...
    wonder if the new ones also attract lint and dust ?

Attached Files:

19. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Stopped using the Apple cases because when I golf I keep the iPhone in a cup holder on the cart. Causes bottom to be exposed and possible scratches. So I use the Speck Candyshell

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Yep, I do. I had a Product Red leather that got discolored around the edges, so when they came out with the silicone version, I snapped it up. I also have turquoise, antique white, pink, and will probably snag the light pink and mint ones as well. These are all on a rose gold 6s+, FWIW.

21. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

Just got in the NEW Marine Blue color from the Apple Leather Case line...

Bonus: Apple Watch Black Nylon Strap as well!

Rawr.jpg

22. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

Thanks for the photo! It looks great!

23. darkinners macrumors member

I've tried many cases but always dissatisfied with all of them, ended up go back to Apple leather case for my 6.
    Only problem the leather case has, it started to stain other color on it after few months of use(except color black one)

24. ayobonus macrumors regular

Wow that Marine Blue looks really nice. The pictures on Apple's website make it look much lighter. Don't know if it's just the lighting in your picture, but that looks like a nice shade of blue.

I'm looking to replace my Saddle Brown case. I'm torn between the Storm Gray and the Marine Blue now.

25. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I really want to buy the Marigold case tonight at the grand central Apple Store but I know it'll just look terrible in a couple weeks.