Anyone using their iPhone 4 without a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KillerTree, Jun 25, 2010.

1. KillerTree macrumors regular

This is my first iPhone and I don't really feel like using a case but at the same afraid of the camera glass getting scratched.

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I'm using it without a case until I get my green bumper. Fedex says July 1st so I'm hoping for a few days earlier like my iPhone.

When I originally got my 3GS in august i had a basic rubbery sillicone case on it for 6 months. I then took it off and it seems the cotton in my hoodie pockets are too much for the glass to handle..

Attached Files:

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I wont be using a case. Just the wrapsol film. The phones too beautiful to be hidden in a case.

4. apockalipse macrumors member

The iPhone scratches easily. Got a scratch on mine and was babying it. Only had it 24 hrs. Went in an empty pocket on the way to work, sat in a dock all day at work and in my empty pocket on the way home. Got home and found a 1/4" scratch in the screen. You had to angle the phone in light to see it but it was there and I could feel it with my finger nail. I was not happy. So much for scratch resistant. This was the lightest easiest day of use it might ever get.

I went right out to best buy and bought an Invisible Shield. Once installed, the scratch can't be seen at all. Next up is a bumper too but I think an Invisible Shield or similar product is a necessity if you don't want scratches. You have been warned.

5. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I am not using a case because I like the caseless look. I intend to go out of my way to not drop it (I feel like as long as I'm always making sure I won't drop it I should be fine) but in less than 24 hours of owning it, a friend lightly punched me while I was holding it and it fell out of my hand. Luckily I was in dirt because I can't imagine it surviving a concrete fall.

6. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

^ Those invisibleshields are amazing, aren't they? They hide those little scratches pretty well. I ordered some from BestSkinsEver (same stuff as Zagg, but way cheaper) and they shipped within minutes after I ordered. :) I should have it by tomorrow, hopefully. I can't wait to put it on!

Sad that these beautiful iP4's are so delicate. They deserved to be shown off. It sucks.

7. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I was until after State Farm told me they didn't insure cellphones anymore :(.

Then I was like, I better put on that free case I got while sitting in line because I *will* drop the phone no matter how careful I am (I know myself too well). Least I discovered the case actually looks good on the phone (it doesn't so much off). And, well, I predict myeslf right, already dropped it twice today (one time it fell out of a pocket, the other time I put it down on my messy desk not looking where I was putting it, just looking with the corner of my eye, and placed it on some papers that were sticking out... uh, yeah, paper will not support an iphone's weight. Least that was on carpet). Neither were hard drops (though the first was on hard floor but my pocket was probably 2 feet from the floor as I was sitting down and the case made the phone make a soft thud so it didn't sound like a hard fall either).

Which is sad cause I like it without the case. But at least it looks decent in the case and it's better on my wallet, heh.

8. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

Too beautiful for a case. Just being real careful.

9. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

waiting for a good case to come out, so far ones in att/apple/bestbuy stores are pieces of **** cases

10. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    I decided against using a case, the phone looks too good for anything except a sena ultraslim.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I think I will get a case like this

I just love to have a bulky phone and not see any of the design that allured me to it in the first place!

I think it will be super protected now

Attached Files:

13. Tee Hee macrumors member

Wth is that? Looks like an iBattle Tank.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

It is from otterbox.....i rock this on my hip

The girls love it man

15. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I agree, too beautiful for a case but I do use something just as beautiful; a hand-stitched leather slip sleeve from a company called MAKR. It's the best case for my iPhones I've ever had. While my friends have gone through 3 or 4 cases and spent well over $100, I still have my sleeve that I've used for 2 years for my 3G. And since the iPhone 4 is thinner it fits pretty well in the same leather sleeve.

16. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

Never used a case before... Bought the bumper but don't like it. It feels like its too big for the phone, and how it protrudes on both ends feels and seems awkward.

I'm going back to it naked. Never had problems before, and don't think I will this time.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Link?

Is it this style? I do like that:)
    http://www.makr.com/wallets/vertical-wallet/natural-bison

18. KillerTree thread starter macrumors regular

19. taskmanager macrumors regular

haha no way. I got a xo skin and a fatty bumper on mine. I'm scared to drop it. Get a case or a skin for it asap. You dont wanna have to wait for a replacement when you total your phone

20. taskmanager macrumors regular

lol the most over engineers case....ever

21. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

No case. Have carried this and previous iPhones in front pants pocket and never scratched the screen. Don't keep anything else like keys or coins in same pocket with iPhone.

22. twigg macrumors member

I don't have a hard case but I but on a Zagg. It's great (if you install it well and don't get stuff under the Zagg). But the grippy feeling is something everyone might not like.

23. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I have a zagg on mine, new I just need a new belt cast. The DLO - HipCase that I have is falling apart. Time for something new.

24. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I ordered a bumper, but so far I'm using it without a case, its just so damn sexy:D

25. orange42 macrumors 6502a

No case for me. I'm waiting for a screen protector off eBay though. Got a few of those silicon cases for $0.99 too so I'll see if those are decent.