Anyone with Best Buy Preorder Reports?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msw123307, Jun 15, 2010.

1. msw123307 macrumors 6502

Just read in another thread that BB is reserving all 4 SKU's for the new phone...so they are reserving white. I doubt they will receive them, but I have no interest in the black phone, so it's worth a shot. Anyone else with reports from their BB trip? What kind of deposit are they asking for?

2. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Yeah that was me lol...You pick which one you want on this fancy iphone 4 paper they printed out and you give 50 for a gift card...they will then call you next week to set up an appointment...

And despite what Best Buy seems to believe, there is no way in hell they will have white iPhones if Apple doesn't

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm still waiting for them to open. I'm reserving the white 32gb iPhone. I don't really care if I wait a month to get it or not. I'll post my reports after they open in 1.5 hrs.

4. msw123307 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I think too, although I had heard that Apple was trying to put a stop to preorders yesterday before they started. Maybe it had to do with the white phone...if BB is reserving them now maybe they will actually get shipments. I'm inclined to think there was some sort of production glitch. But I really would like an explanation/timetable from Apple.

5. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

Just talked to someone who works at Best Buy in the mobile dept. and they've had 3 pre-orders so far. Basically guaranteeing a 6/24 arrival.

6. Cybiker macrumors member

I walked right into my local BestBuy at 10 and was out in 5 minutes with a preorder for a 32gb black. I'd say I was the first one to preorder it however as I walked in employees were dispersing from the best buy mobile area after placing there preorders (which I believe I read that employees were NOT allowed to preorder)

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I got my 32gig white preorder in this morning at Best Buy, but they are prefacing it with no gaurantee of a 24th delivery. I am hoping that my store will get at least one though since I was the first preorder I should be good as long as 1 comes, but even that will be pushing it.

8. jfk3674 macrumors member

Yeah I just had a friend call me and tell me that Best Buy accepted his pre-order for a white iphone with a $50 downpayment. However I think what is going to happen is they are going to get them the same time everyone else is. So when he calls on the 24th to go get it I bet they tell him its back ordered.

I personally don't trust BB at all. I went in to their "Apple store" a couple years back to get a new macbook pro. They had the old model out and not the newly launched model. I asked where the latest one was and they swore up and down that was the latest model. I drove over to the apple store and got the right one. Then when the Ipad came out I went over there that weekend to just look at it. I was told they were out of stock, but I could wait in the line outside the store for a shipment they might be getting in. Thing was, there was no line out front and the salesperson did not believe me that there was no line, she insisted the manager told her there was a huge line. So the knowledge base at the store does not extend beyond selling you those extended warranty crapshoots.

9. JRod993 macrumors member

Do you have to go instore or can we pre-order online?

10. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Precisely why I'm preordering at Best Buy.

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Employees are allowed to pre order, but all customer preorders will be fullfilled before employee ones.

12. vabigpoppa macrumors member

I'm in nyc, and I went in and out. theyve been open almost an hour and I was their only pre-order so far. Definitely a smooth transaction. like others said they had all 4 options for you to choose from. I went with a black one, so im not sure what happens if you try to get a white one.

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

In-store.

14. RM350z macrumors member

I got to best buy about 800 and they open at 900. I was 1st in line and was out of the store within 10 mins. after they opened. Was a really easy transaction and think it was the wise choice.

After all, I wanted the 32 gb in black so don't think it will be a issue. So as long as they receive one 32gb in black, it's got my name all over it! Honestly, it was very organized and glad I decided to go there to pre order. Seems like it will be a whole lot less hectic than the apple store. Hopefully, they get there orders on time! (fingers crossed)

15. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Does BB have to check AT&T for upgrade eligibility too, or do they just take the preorder now and do that later when you actually pick it up?

16. vabigpoppa macrumors member

they put your phone # in and check eligibility.

17. RM350z macrumors member

No I don't think so. All they did was charge the 50.00 and they ask you if its a upgrade or a new customer.... You fill out some paper work and that's about it.

18. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

They didn't check eligibility for anyone at my store.

19. clifgriffin macrumors member

20. vabigpoppa macrumors member

how did they not check eligibility? did they not write down a price for you guys?

21. 0101001 macrumors 6502

They never asked for my cell number at all they don't even open the new line yet.

22. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

You just pick which one you get on the order form, fill out name, address, and what number you want them to contact you at to set up you appointment on the 24th and pay $50 and receive a gift card. Nothing more than that happened.

23. 46Chromeboy macrumors newbie

They checked my eligibility right there with my name and phone number, strangely didnt ask for last 4 digits of social.

24. jfk3674 macrumors member

are they actually ordering the phone per presale. Or they get taken out of stock that comes in? I wouldnt doubt best buy just pulls from stock.

25. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

9:40*AM**
    Miranda:*
    Thank You for contacting Best Buy Mobile, where we always promise you straightforward pricing without mail-in rebates. This conversation may be monitored for quality purposes. Hello, my name is Miranda, how can I assist you today?
    9:41*AM**
    trey justice:*
    hi Miranda, no idea if you will no the information, but will best buy be doing preorders for the WHITE iphone today?
    9:42*AM**
    Any model of preorders should be taken today in our store locations.
    9:43*AM**
    Okay just wonder because apple.com nor att.com are doing preorders for the WHITE iPhone
    Are all stores do preorders? Or only the store that sell Apple products?
    doing
    9:44*AM**
    Any store that has AT&T products should be completing preorders.
    9:45*AM**
    alright thank you
    Not a problem.
    Are there anymore questions that I can help you with today?
    9:46*AM**
    thats it
    9:46*AM**
    thanks