Anyone's touch shipped from Apple Online Store Yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by solarguy17, Sep 16, 2007.

1. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone's Touch shipping status changed from Prepared For Shipping?

This is getting ridculous becuase as soon as they started showing up in stores all online orders seemed to go to prepared for shipping.

And now we cant cancel and buy one from a store.

2. sdfd504 macrumors regular

Nope mine, which was one of the first to change to prepared to ship, has not changed since Thursday night. I am hoping that they will ship on Monday but I have sent a letter to Mr. Jobs about the issue and I hope to hear back from them soon.

3. infectbda macrumors member

Mine hasn't shipped yet either, but I did notice that the transaction is now pending on my card. I would expect them to ship tomorrow. No later than Tuesday.

4. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Good to hear, I will check mine out too, thanks for the insight. Makes my monday brighter!

5. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I don't think that the fact they charged the credit card has anything to do with the actual shipment date.

For those who don't know it, in Europe we have a huge shortage of wireless keyboards. I bought a spanish wireless keyboard over 2 weeks ago, the estimate being 4 weeks to delivery; however the CC charged was made almost immidiately.. which kinda sucks if you ask me...

6. infectbda macrumors member

Well, I know this sort of stuff depends on the type of card, as well as some other factors, but every time I've ordered stuff from the Apple Store, they charge my card just before they ship. I know they sometimes "take" the money as an authorization, but then put it back until they ship.

I still say tomorrow.

7. jne381 macrumors regular

I ordered mine on the 13th, and it shipped that day. It looks like it is coming from Memphis, TN

8. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Yeah, they "verify" the card, and the ability to pull the requested amount. Some debit cards only allow a certain amount to go through in a day, and you have to call the bank in order to verify that you are actually the one buying the item. Mine is also a credit card so my limit is 5K.. They did the same thing when i first got the touch, but then the money is put right back until the physically ship it.

9. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

what? You ordered a touch online from the Apple store and it has shipped? Are you ****ing around or are you telling the truth?

10. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Screen shot it for the win.. or else didn't happen.

11. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Regarding the types of cards...

In the UK Apple charge your card immediately if it is a debit card (Switch/Maestro, Solo, Visa Electron, Visa Debit). I ordered a Touch an hour after the keynote ended and Apple have been earning interest on my £269 ($540) since. To be fair though - Apple HAVE to take the money straight away due to the way these cards work.

If you pay on a credit card, the money is pre-authorised and then taken just before shipment.

The annoying thing is, if you cancel an order on a debit card it takes about three days for the refund to actually show in your account. I cancelled my iMac order so I could go and buy one in store rather than wait two weeks for shipping and then had to wait the three days! :'(

Anyway - my Touch is still showing 'Not Yet Shipped' with a ship date of 28th and delivery date of 1st/2nd.

12. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Same here Shipping date: 28h
    Delivery: 4th-5th

-_-

13. sdfd504 macrumors regular

I highly doubt that your touch has shipped yet. From what I have seen they have been preparing to ship them in order from the time of purchase like they should and mine hasn't shipped yet.

14. Sir. Cheesecake macrumors member

All things are pointing at shipping tomorrow for at least people with Prepared for shipping" in their order status. Lets keep our hopes up.

15. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Will do! I will post any information I get around 9.. I have class at 10am tomorrow :( haha

16. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

same here, I'll post if i get anything at 9 bc i have class at 9:30:(:(.

Also, i have "standard overnight" shipping. If my touch ships tmw, will i have it on tues?

btw, i just checked and my card has not been charged yet. I have the "prepared for shipment" status though. I guess that means no shipping tmw.

17. crunchyoyster macrumors newbie

My card too has also been charged for the purchase price. Most companies do not bill until shipment. It would be extremely odd for Apple to bill me on Friday, and then not ship the product until the 28th. I am expecting them to ship it Monday or Tuesday.

18. Santoanderson macrumors member

I have a feeling that tomorrow morning we'll be seeing the first of many tracking number announcements on the board. There's no way Apple employees are working over the weekend, though they should after the whole Best Buy and Apple Store debacle. Man that really pisses me off. Somebody was playing with one in Church today. Steve!!!:apple:

19. jne381 macrumors regular

I ordered it over the phone, but it did ship.

20. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

21. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

well they most likely shipped on friday, most companies don't do saturday shipping...and it depends on the shipping you chose is when you will get it....i ordered two days after the keynote address and called on saturday and they hadn't shipped mine...so now im calling best buy to see if they have them tomorrow and canceling hahaha

22. jne381 macrumors regular

I guess that is a possibility, but why would they give me the Apple care for a product I do not have. But if that is the case, it may be a good thing so they can resolve this screen thing before it ships.

23. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I pre-ordered my iPod touch some 5 hours after the keynote and it wasn't expected to arrive until Oct. 4. That would be fine if people were not getting them in the store already - I called my local Apple store to see which they had in stock. Since it turned out to be both the 8GB and 16GB models, I canceled my pre-order and picked up the 8GB model. It was probably best that I didn't want for my pre-order anyway since laser engraving probably would have been a bad idea.

24. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

how did you go about canceling your pre-order? Was your order at the "prepared for shipment" stage?

25. solarguy17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

HAHA,

Playing with an ipod at church instead of listening to God Word being preached. Thats to funny!:D

BTW I was thinking that it would be realyl cool if there was a Bible app availble, either through itunes by purchase or availbel to download onto it. Anyone heard of such a thing. It would be easier then taking my Bible with me and I will have the Word of God with. Plus if I need to refernce it in a conversation with someone it is immediately availble becuase I will carry this everywhere in my pocket but my Bible doesnt fit.:(