App Store and iTunes Experiencing Issues for Many Users Worldwide

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 4, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has updated its System Status page to reflect that many users may be unable to access, purchase, or update apps on the App Store on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Multiple other iCloud services are or were also experiencing downtime, including the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, iCloud Drive, and iWork for iCloud.

[​IMG]

The issues began shortly before 7:00 a.m. Pacific and appear to be widespread, affecting customers in the United States, Canada, Europe, and elsewhere, according to social media posts. Apple TV services and Apple's Volume Purchase Program are also affected by the service issues.

Update (9:10 a.m. Pacific): Apple's System Status page shows that the App Store, iTunes, and other iCloud services have been restored.

Article Link: App Store and iTunes Experiencing Issues for Many Users Worldwide

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

3. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

4. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I haven't been able to download anything from the store all morning.
    Glad to know it's not my phone that's hosed up.

6. 2457282 Suspended

Noooooo. I need to update my Flappy Bird!! This is a Tragedy!!!

/S

More seriously, I am less annoyed by the outages (it happens folks) than the fact we never hear why and what is being done to prevent similar future issues.

7. joueboy macrumors 65816

This is getting ridiculous! The other it was the Apple Music now this! :mad:

8. HailstormX macrumors member

I was going crazy why apps were not loading. Thought it was my internet. : ) good to know

9. ThatSomeone macrumors regular

ThatSomeone

Great to see!
    Just spent 45 min talking to the support because my phone had massive issues installing apps... The support guy then told me that they just got more calls regarding the issue and said that the servers were going through an update:p

Damn I almost thought I had to restore the phone for a second there... Hopefully everything's gonna be fine when it's over!

10. nocturnum macrumors regular

nocturnum

Timmy and his spanner are already on top of the matter.

11. felt. macrumors 6502a

12. brandscill macrumors 6502

13. NMBob macrumors 6502a

14. flowsy macrumors 6502

flowsy

I almost updated to public 9.3 beta 2 because of these issues, but that wasn't possible either.

15. Thunderhawks Suspended

16. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Mind you, the App Store's normally so slow anyway I doubt I'd even notice if there was an outage.

17. ralphdaily macrumors regular

Some of the time it works, sometimes...

18. DUCKofD3ATH, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016

DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

One of these things is not like the others:

Apps are dodgy and services unreliable. Better get your act together, Tim. The natives are getting restless.

19. monkmartinez macrumors newbie

monkmartinez

This is just the tip of the iceberg... my RSS feed is literally FULL of these stories this week. Coincidentally (or not) this week, we saw the trendline of the stock that clearly shows investors have the same sentiment (albeit for different reasons). All this to say, they had better get their **** together. Investors and developers are a powerful bunch, I suspect a lot of damage is already done. I know if it wasn't for Apple's "quality program" that fixed my logic board last month, I would have penned a blog and left for good.

20. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

21. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Apple should let AWS handle and manage their cloud services so we don't get anymore of these issues. :p

22. applezulu macrumors 6502

Have you ever read this forum? If the longstanding, constant negativity and predictions of doom had much connection to reality, Steve Jobs would've shuttered Apple twenty years ago and taken a job fixing Windows machines at Best Buy.

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Puh-leaze! Have you seen Mossberg, Dalrymple, and Gruber complaining about Apple apps before? And Apple already has a spotty reputation when it comes to web services.

That shiny profit Tim's so proud of is due, in large part, to Apple's reputation for making products "that just work". For some unknowable reason (at least to those outside Apple), he's squandering that reputation.

24. PinkyMacGodess, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016

PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Am I the only one hearing the voice of Steve Jobs?

"Can anyone tell me what iCloud is supposed to do? So why the f*** doesn't it do that?"

The outages are getting ridiculous. How much has Apple spent on these massive data centers? How much?

They could have dug a deep hole in the desert and dozed the cash into the hole, next to the Lisa computers, Pippen, and the processors and memory from the Sculley days...