App Store Experiencing Issues With Customers Unable to Update and Download Content

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 27, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The App Store appears to be experiencing issues at this time, with many customers unable to access the store to make purchases and install updates to apps. It appears the iTunes Store is also affected.

Affected customers are getting a popup message that reads: "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later."

[​IMG]

The App Store issues have been ongoing for approximately a half hour now, but no outage is listed on Apple's System Status page.

We'll update this post when the issue is resolved. Problems like this are often fixed quickly, so apps shouldn't be unavailable for too long.

Update: Apple's System Status page now displays issues with the App Store, Apple TV, iTunes U, iTunes Store, Volume Purchase Program, and Mac App Store.

Article Link: App Store Experiencing Issues With Customers Unable to Update and Download Content

2. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

3. gijoeinla macrumors 6502a

Yep -- that's true for me right now. However I'm in no need to "loose my mind" and insight any class actions... I will live to see tomorrow...

4. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

5. teschall macrumors newbie

6. Jerry Raia macrumors regular

Jerry Raia

Not just iOS, can't update apps on MBP either

7. teschall macrumors newbie

I can't seem to stream music from Apple Music, I get the same message.

8. jroman macrumors member

Been getting this error for a couple of hours and it is really getting annoying. Not even trying to purchase anything or update. Just using my phone and still getting the pop-up.

9. bwintx macrumors 6502

bwintx

10. jecowa macrumors regular

I'm not even trying to purchase anything. The message keeps popping up in Safari on iOS.

11. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

Came here to post if anyone is getting this and here we are

12. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

And it just keeps popping up without even being on the store

13. GCHASE1995 macrumors 6502

GCHASE1995

14. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

Yep, me too. Happening right now. I'm upset. I'm calling Anderson Cooper for an interview.

15. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

And here I thought it was the web filter at the office I am visiting. Should have known better since my phone gave the same error and isn't attached to any network connection here.

16. Tuckrat macrumors member

Tuckrat

Add tvOS to the list...

17. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Add me to the list in the U.K. I actually needed to activate an iap for the running app I use, but I can’t.

18. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

This one is annoying me more than other devices.

19. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Apple messed up the first time it launched the iWorks for iOS update (a build without the new features).
    Recently, they relaunched a newer build, this time it's the correct version.

20. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

I was getting this message on the Facebook app for some reason. Got a little paranoid that Zuck went succ with my bank balance but pleased to hear it's not just me.

21. mic j macrumors 68030

LOTR bundle was on sale today!!! Ordered it through iTunes Store on Mac but store was "laggy" and accidentally ordered it twice. Went to iTunes store and it showed both purchases "pending". Finally got an email from iTunes confirming the purchase. Clicked on the "Report a Problem" link next to the purchase and it would not accept my password. Tried several time with no luck. Went directly to My Account in iTunes and tried reporting a problem but purchases still didn't show in the Recently Purchased section...so nothing to report a problem on.

Now that I know the iTunes Store is having an issue, I guess it explains it all. Guess I will just have to wait for it to all settle down before trying to have Apple remove the mistaken purchase. Sort of a mess!!

22. IvoSotirov macrumors newbie

IvoSotirov

Keeps poping up while playing Heartstone, and then while watching YouTube!
    Restarting the device didn’t clear all the random pop-ups. Super Annoying!!!

23. jafca09 macrumors newbie

Apple has acknowledged the issue on their systems status page.

24. bpp85 macrumors member

bpp85

Yeah, I noticed it too about 15 minutes ago. It keeps randomly popping up in a bunch of apps...