Apple...A Fast Charger would have been nice!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean76, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

So here we are a week after launch, and I will say...I'm keeping my iPhone X for more than a few reasons I won't get into here because that's not what this thread is about...It's about what Apple didn't give us when buying the X?

Why didn't we get a fast charger included when buying the iPhone X? For the amount of money these phones cost, a fast charger should have been included. Instead we get the same old boring wired headphones, and the same brick and cable we've seen for how many years now?

Samsung includes a fast charger with the S8, S8+ and the note, why in the world wouldn't Apple this time around?

Instead we get told...Hey this phone has wireless charging capabilities...So go spend $60 and enjoy letting your phone charge over night.

Whether I'm the norm, or not...I just bought the X, 4 Apple branded cases, 2 silicone & 2 leather, along with a wireless charger...lol! That's a pretty penny when all is said and done, the least apple could have thrown in to me and everyone else who's bought an X is a quick charger?

Why they didn't is crazy to me, since their main competition (best friends) are including it with their flagship phones.

Your move apple...I think putting out a press release that says anyone who's purchased an iPhone X and comes in with their receipt should be given a fast charger...will this happen? I doubted, but wishful thinking never hurt nobody.

2. dazz87 macrumors 6502a

3. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I do wish Apple had figured out a way to bundle a beefed up charger with this year’s phones. The feeble current pack-in has been inadequate for a while now. Selling this year’s iPhones with a fast charger might have had a broad positive effect. I already own a USB 3 quick charge brick and it’s kind of remarkable how fast the X juices up. For me the quick charge feature makes up for the iPhone 7 Plus level (barely) battery life.

4. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

just to attach a potential cost to that request..

100 million iPhone X sold.. $50 gift to each buyer..

100million * $50 = 5 Billion dollars.

i'm sorry but i highly(!) doubt they're going to do that.

------
    edit-- i'm not actually sure if it's $50 for the plug/cord.. i just used that number on a guess.

5. macTW Suspended

This. They have no reason to include it.

6. dazz87 macrumors 6502a

What it cost Apple $60.00 for a charger????

7. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

no.. but that's what you pay for it..
    so in that regard, that's how much the loss would be.

8. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sean76

So Apples cost is $60 for fast chargers? Really?

Are you mistaking what I'm saying?

I didn't say include the $60 wireless chargers they are selling in the store, I said include a FAST CHARGER, just like Samsung does for all their flag ship phones...which is a power brick and cable!

9. macher macrumors 65816

macher

They could have included an iPad charger instead of the lousy 5V brick.

10. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

no.. but see the post right about yours.

like i said.. i don't know how much it costs.. but for the example, it's easy math..

if the charger is $20 then the potential loss is $2billion

11. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sean76

893A5D85-150A-4E7E-BE23-EFA3A9867B48.jpeg
    I'll just leave this here...

12. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

leave what where?
    you're missing the point.
    srry

13. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Pack in extras don’t work the same way as retail products. Apple can bundle things at a much lower price than the consumer facing MRP.

14. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

hmm.. am i really not making any sense?

let's say i made an object which cost me $40 to make.. you are going to buy this item from me for $80..

i decide to give you the item instead. ok?

did i lose $40
    or did i lose $80
    ?

15. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Right. But there’s no way a charger costs Apple anywhere near $20 to manufacture, and if it sells more phones it’s a net win. I’d far rather see a useful pack-in instead of yet another lightning to USB and useless set of EarPods.

16. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sean76

I run and own my business...And in business you always want to make money. However I know what product cost is vs what I sell it for...the mark up!

The cost for apple to this has way more pros than cons to them. People throwing numbers out there of what it costs for a fast charger ($60...lol) that's retail what we payed for a wireless charger, not a fast charger...there is a difference.

A fast chargers price is nowhere near the $60 mark, not even near the $10 mark for them to produce. Either way IMO this is something other manufacturers are doing at this very moment, and their phones aren't even priced as high as apple.

Sorry to those who disagree, I don't know why you would? But I feel we 100% at least deserved that to come with this $1000-$1500 priced out phone.

17. dazz87 macrumors 6502a

--- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    Some of these fanboys are delusional

18. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

which are what?

correct me if i'm wrong but everyone in this thread bought an X, right?
    the lack of fast charger didn't sway anybody.

i haven't heard a single person say "i would buy iPhone X except there's not fast charger in the box"

so, what are the pros again?

----------
    also.. i'm not too sure about the idea of buying a product knowing damn well what's included in the purchase price.. then after the fact, saying you deserve such-and-such..
    seems backwards and ineffective.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    huh?

you're totally missing what i'm saying.. you're too mixed up in hoping i'm saying "No, Apple shouldn't include a charger"..or -- "i'm glad Apple didn't include a fast charger with my X"..

except i'm not saying that at all.
    oh well.

19. mib1800 macrumors 68020

Why the Apple fast charger is such a big brick?

20. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

OP i agree with your general view that Apple shouldn’t be so cheap

At least include an iPad charger, even if not a 29w.

5w is absurd, even if according to Gruber *some* people prefer a small cube to a big one and value that over speed of charging (but dont buy that as the real underlying reason)

To play Devil’s advocate tho, if you bought all these iPhoens and accessories/cases, you can afford to add a 29w to cart surely, no? I get it being a principle thing tho, to an extent.

Get one off eBay used from a reputable reseller. Got mien for $25 i think earlier this year to fast charge my 12.9

And its genuine and perfect.

21. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

the actual retail cost of the item is completely irrelevant to the point.
    completely.

i could say the thing cost $300 and the same point stands.

so instead of trying to come back at me, once again, about the price.. please consider the possibility that maybe you're not understanding what i've said.. or ask questions if you need clarification on some part of it..

but to misunderstand on purpose, well, that's just going to lead to bickering over a point that neither one of us is even trying to say nor cares about.

22. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sean76

What is your motive to argue your point in what it costs apple...maybe your not dialed into the mobile world..

Almost every manufacturer is including it with flag ship phones at the moment. Your argument is about swaying me? Who said I wasn't buying an X if one isn't included? Your 100% missing my point.

Let's dig...

Apple has offered things to customers after their buy...They offered iPhone 4 users free cases because of that antenna band de-boggle, however this is very different and not in a light where it affects the phone or how it works.

Read my post a little more clearly...I clearly said I doubt apple would do this but wishful thinking has never hurt anyone before.

Either way your points are a little argumentative and not to realistic because the price factor is light years lower than the numbers your throwing out there.

Curious... Do you even own an iPhone X?

23. california_kid macrumors regular

Is it just me? But I have so much left over accessories from prior phones and tablets I would love a no accessory option if Apple cut $50 from the full accessories version.

24. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

i just think it's not that mysterious as to why Apple didn't include one.. you can probably figure it out yourself.
    1) the lack of plug will not equate to lack of X sales
    2) for Apple to give everyone a voucher to go pick up a charger if they bought an X.. that is going to cost them a helluva lot of money for which they have approx zero reason for spending. (other than fulfilling a customer's wishful thought)

that's not very hard to see imo.. especially considering you run a business.
    ??

ok, what's your realistic number?
    like $50,000 or so?
    $100million
    what.

yeah, why.. what does that matter?

25. vipfixphone macrumors newbie

vipfixphone