Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toratek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Nor did I solely suggest they did. But it's not just a "few" who ask for leather alternatives.

I'm not a vegan or even vegetarian. Also got couple of goods made of leather. But I still can say that I think the world could make do with a bit less meat eaten and leather worn.
I will respect your right not to eat meat, as long as you respect my right to eat it. "If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have covered them in tasty meat"- Unknown, but funny person.

Reactions: Razorpit

Dble07

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2022
I like the fact that the very first word in the article is “Popular”. Well, if it actually were popular, it wouldn’t be going out of business now, would it? No, it wouldn’t. It’s not popular, and losing money, that’s why it’s going out of business. Whether the products are well made or not isn’t the question, it’s how many people buy them, which didn’t seem to be a lot.
Yes, because popularity is the only business metric that drives revenue and profits.

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2021
I wasn’t trying to say that was your perspective specifically, sorry that was unclear. I do think most people have not been terribly moved by Apple’s shift away from leather, though. More people seemed annoyed by it, in my experience.

I appreciate your perspective, though. Thanks.

Nor did I solely suggest they did. But it's not just a "few" who ask for leather alternatives.

I'm not a vegan or even vegetarian. Also got couple of goods made of leather. But I still can say that I think the world could make do with a bit less meat eaten and leather worn.

Reactions: Jeaz

Retr0gear

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2023
They may have shut down, but appear to have rebranded/reopened under burtongoods.com
IMG_3980.jpeg

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2021
They may have shut down, but appear to have rebranded/reopened under burtongoods.com View attachment 2330430
I’m glad they’ve gone on to a new (if very similar…) venture. They were nice in my few interactions with them.

Bummer, though. During their going out of business sale, I wanted to get the Apple Watch Ultra cuff band, but they only had green left, so I ordered it thinking that was the last option. They’re now selling the brown leather option I had originally wanted lol. Its fine though; the green is still nice, and I got a nice discount.

Wish them well!

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
They may have shut down, but appear to have rebranded/reopened under burtongoods.com View attachment 2330430
“I must, however, address the elephant in the room: the warranties previously given under Pad & Quill. While my current financial state disallows the ability of honoring them, your concerns are not dismissed. Please feel encouraged to reach out to Hi@burtongoods. Wherever a solution can be offered, we will try.”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.