Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Err.. What? Are you telling me that I can't take my ipod to the Apple Store and say, 'yeah yeah, sure, I'm getting all sorts of symptoms. In fact I'm using the nano to heat the living room. Please replace it.'? Is Apple going to knock me back? Don't think so. Or are you one of those holier than thou kinda guys?

I'm sorry, but WHAT THE HELL are you talking about?!

aughsum

May 6, 2010
tell that to my IIgs, or to my Pentium 1, or my GE VCR, or a few other things i own that are 20+ years old that still work like the day it was new.

it really depends on what that old **** is.

WOW WTF are you smoking. Its should only be common since to know that a car would need regular maintenance and or need repairs. doing regular maintenance on a car is not the same as having a faulty part replaced (as a example, a 2.7l v6 in a dodge all have a faulty design, The ignition/park shift interlock system was faulty on a few dodge trucks and vans, the wobble of death in a few jeeps, fords, and other trucks but hasn't had a recall as i know of.)

and the thing i am getting at is this is for cars and trucks more then 5 years old. replacing brakes on a car is a part of regular maintenance (unless it was apart of a recall due to being faulty, or known to be faulty). And even then it would just depend on what was faulty in what was going to be replaced.

you should have used a sarcasm tag in your post.

that was sarcasm.. hopefully noone thought that was serious.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Err.. What? Are you telling me that I can't take my ipod to the Apple Store and say, 'yeah yeah, sure, I'm getting all sorts of symptoms. In fact I'm using the nano to heat the living room. Please replace it.'? Is Apple going to knock me back? Don't think so. Or are you one of those holier than thou kinda guys?
I'm sorry, but WHAT THE HELL are you talking about?!

Bahahaha. I don't exactly know why, but this banter is hilarious. It reads like a sitcom script. :D

qwerty808

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2010
bought my 1st gen in tokyo in 2005. going back next month and will try to scam a new one.

it doesn't overheat, but the lcd is slowly being eaten away at the top left corner.

guess they will require a receipt? this i don't have. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.