Apple AirPods vs. Google Pixel Buds

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 16, 2017.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    A number of posts were removed due to rules violations. Please stay on topic.

2. Gerdawe macrumors newbie

Gerdawe

--- Post Merged, Dec 28, 2017 ---
    Bought pixel bud despite this review. Great. Having access Google assistant without taking my phone out. I can control my digital world control my house lights and temperature, change all my music and all other audio entertainment comprehensively, send email texts without out touching my phone and also accessing the google search engines with contextual conversation is the icing on the cake

The realtime translation looks promising, trialed it with my partner who speaks 2 other languages, it was workable but needs a proper feild test

As far as the cord goes between the buds it is not an issue for me. My preference after having samsung icon x equivalent and constantly dropping out and losing and finding them. I imagine that is a problem airpod user might experience

Bottom line for me comparing the 2 is not productive or relevant. If you are a android and/or pixel/Google user buds greatly enhance your digital world if you are iPhone/apple user airpods has a similar impact.

Comparing the two products is pointless.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 28, 2017 ---
    I bought them was pleasantly surprised dispute negative review. I don't think a Mac forum is the best place to have a balanced opinion

3. richbanks13 macrumors newbie

Yeah... Me too...

4. deckard666 macrumors 6502

deckard666

You'd think with the android user base being so extensive these would have outsold the Airpods 10x over...

5. JackieInCo Suspended

I have two Android phones, a Note 8 and a S8+. I have never enjoyed listening to music on these or any Android phone I have ever owned. I've always used either my iPod Classic or iPhone for music. Even today I use my 7+ for music while out walking every day or while in my car through BT.

AirPods were the only choice I considered about three weeks ago when I bought mine and I have not regretted that. One of the best products Apple has ever made.

6. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

You’ll change your mind when your S8+ and Note 8 gets Aptx HD on the Oreo update if you don’t have it already.

https://www.aptx.com

7. JackieInCo Suspended

I doubt that. As I said, I have always enjoyed listening to music more on my iPhone/iPod Classic then any other device. I have only my iPhone paired to the BT in my car and I haven't tried to listen to music on my S8+ or Note 8. Last Android device I tried listening to music on was my S7 Edge and gave up very quickly on that.

8. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

So you’re not in it for the sound quality?

9. JackieInCo Suspended

I don't need anything better then AirPods when I am out walking or while working at my job.

My iPhone also sounds great in my car. If you are concerned about sound quality, why are you using a phone for audio?

10. sumsingwong, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

Nobody "needs" any of this stuff but if there's something of better quality, especially when it's free, why not take advantage of it? It's obvious you're bound and determined to keep yourself within the Apple eco system. Not sure why you even have an S8+ or Note 8 if you don't use them when they provide a better listening experience. You're not even giving them a chance by listening to them in your car because that opinion that it sounding great in your car will sound mediocre after you hear the higher quality.

Why am I listening to audio from a phone? Is that a serious question? You obviously are not aware of what these smartphones are capable of. Especially with high quality earbuds or headphones. And the Airpods are not high quality when it comes to sound. They actually sound like crap compared to lower priced products out there. [​IMG]

11. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

Oreo won’t be coming to those phones for another few months.