Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Best part about SnapTap is that you can put the phone on a tripod or just set it up somewhere and use the volume buttons on the headphones to take pics so that you don't have to worry about holding the phone steady. Not sure if most people are aware that you can do that, it works great.

Does SnapTap work with camera+ or just the native camera app?

Worf

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Two things. I think iOS piracy is more prevalent than you think. But also, release an app with small ad and make much more. Just look at Rovio and Angry Birds. 30 million Android downloads, ALL with paid ads. Or 12 million 99 cent iOS apps? I think the 30 million is much more profitable in the long run.

Yes, but as a consumer would you rather have ads or pay $1 for no ads? ;)

Also i'm sure a lot of angry birds success on android can be attributed to its long exclusivity on iOS and the popularity on the App Store. Thereby when the Android Market matured. Rovio was able to market it successfully and soon they will start to make $1 million a month on ads from Angry Birds.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
So the volume button shutter toggle has become my favorite feature of this app.

To anyone who has used this new version, does it really improve the loading time of the app and add features that could justify losing the volume button snapping? I'd update in a heartbeat if snaptap was compatible.

typecase

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
Annoys me too. I have a number of apps that have upgraded to downgraded functionality. There really should be an ignore update button that removes the badge icon.

Agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, iTunes already updated all my apps. :( No more volumesnap for me.

Worf

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, iTunes already updated all my apps. :( No more volumesnap for me.

Quick before you empty your Recycle Bin, Open it up and find your old Camera+.iap . Remember old files of apps are sent here when the new versions are downloaded.

WaltFrench

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2007
Yes, it would be horrible to allow a software company to give customers what they want. :rolleyes:

Yes, all the commenters here are obviously more expert at software design than Apple. After all, Apple User Experience is consistently rated as the hardest-to-use, clumsiest, most retrograde and most inconsistent on the planet.

In contrast, Android innovation lets you have multiple ways of performing cut-n-paste, for example. (Where "multiple" means that each app does it a different way and if you don't use an app 100% of the time, you probably forgot what it is really going to do.)

Yeah, keep pushing Apple to dismember the UI. I'm really looking forward to a device that is designed by a committee of people who have never managed anything remotely as complex as iPhone.

Thanks for giving me the laugh!:D

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
Consider you don't have to tap the viewfinder but rather press the vf, aim your shot, then release your finger.

Not that difficult.
it's not difficult, but absolutely is awkward to hold in that position

I agree, I suggest a different hold, but using your thumb to release the shutter. Try a hold that works for the old style Super Nintendo controller.

oban14

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
Yes, all the commenters here are obviously more expert at software design than Apple. After all, Apple User Experience is consistently rated as the hardest-to-use, clumsiest, most retrograde and most inconsistent on the planet.

In contrast, Android innovation lets you have multiple ways of performing cut-n-paste, for example. (Where "multiple" means that each app does it a different way and if you don't use an app 100% of the time, you probably forgot what it is really going to do.)

Yeah, keep pushing Apple to dismember the UI. I'm really looking forward to a device that is designed by a committee of people who have never managed anything remotely as complex as iPhone.

Thanks for giving me the laugh!:D

You're easily amused.

If I buy an application, the programmer has hidden a feature in it that I have to unlock to use, and it is made very clear that I won't be able to use the volume feature while running the app if I should unlock it, who is being harmed by my decision to unlock it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.