Apple and Tim Cook Celebrate iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 Launch Day

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

As customers around the world begin getting their hands on the brand new iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4, Apple and CEO Tim Cook today shared images from the September 21 launch.

Cook started the morning by tweeting four images of customers in Apple's retail stores interacting with the Apple Watch Series 4 and iPhone XS, saying that he's thrilled for users to finally be able to try out the devices on their own.

[​IMG]

Apple Stores globally open at 8:00 a.m. local time to allow customers to pick up their reserved devices and make walk-in purchases, and Apple posted pictures of customers at Apple Stores in Singapore, Japan, and Sydney.

[​IMG]
    Apple Orchard Road, Singapore

The images shared by Apple depict a line of hundreds of people waiting outside Apple Orchard Road in Singapore, and a few show customers inside once the store opened, with their new iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 devices in hand.

[​IMG]
    Apple Orchard Road, Singapore

Apple Kyoto in Japan was busy as well, with many customers seen trying on the Apple Watch Series 4 in numerous styles.

[​IMG]
    Apple Kyoto, Japan

In Sydney, Australia, Apple shared a glimpse into the pre-launch preparations performed by employees in the store ahead of customers' arrival.

[​IMG]
    Apple Sydney

As usual, customers in New Zealand and Australia were the first to receive their iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch pre-orders due to the time zone differences. As the day moves on, United States users waiting outside Apple Stores will be able to begin purchasing the new devices at 8:00 a.m. local time, and deliveries will occur throughout the day.

Article Link: Apple and Tim Cook Celebrate iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 Launch Day

2. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

3. wyarp macrumors member

For the first time ever I won't be getting any of the new phones. They've simply become unaffordable, especially when there are similar phones that are much more competitively priced. As for the 'budget' range Xr, that's simply too big. It looks like they're simply aiming at the rich Chinese market now and damn the rest of us.

4. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

Everyone looks so happy! Amazing how material things make people so happy!!

5. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Look at them so happy to be wasting their money.
    Hope they enjoy their shiny new devices though.

6. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

You’re simply not a target for Apple. I would simply say move to a more simple device like and android. It’s quite simple.

7. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

“Can't wait to hear what you think!”

I hope this means they’re actually listening to feedback and constructive criticism and considering their options accordingly... right?

8. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

Where’s the yearly pic of the a bunch of guys holding their iPhones that they’re clearly going to sell on EBay?

9. joecomo macrumors newbie

joecomo

In Berlin the launch was a total mess - waited for 6 hours in line to find out that all stainless steel watches were out.

I don't expect them to have everything available but at least to communicate if stock on certain models is
    exhausted or nearing exhaustion. Instead they had people waiting in vain for hours, just because they didn't
    care to inform them.
    There are other ways to say "**** you" to your customers - this for sure is one that will be remembered.

10. jjhny macrumors regular

jjhny

I went into a nearby Apple store. No one near the watch counter. Some looking at phones. I was bored within short order and left.

I used to love going in Apple stores and seeing all the many different products. Now it's mainly phones, watches and cases. Not good.

11. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

Last year was when I wasted mine lol and I’m still happy :)

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Can you explain why it’s a waste of money?

13. rmoliv macrumors 6502

Celebrating the money I splurge on them most likely.

14. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Typically when you buy something you are wasting it. Should I have said "using" their money? That wouldn't sound right.

15. Baldilocks macrumors 6502

Baldilocks

Stop equating simple with Android, that just shows your ignorance.

Good to see the debut of the new hardware going well.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Waste implies lack of purpose. A smartphone is arguably the most used tool most people use on a daily basis, so there is lots of service rendered in return for the exchange of money.

17. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Alright so, "using" their money.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

“Spend” is probably the right term. I am not a grammarian... so I may be off.

19. now i see it macrumors 68020

0.7 inch screen size increase and the Apple fans go wild.

20. H.E. Pennypacker, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018

H.E. Pennypacker macrumors regular

H.E. Pennypacker

I used to love going in Apple stores and seeing all the many different products. Now it's mainly phones, watches and cases. Not good.[/QUOTE]

Which Apple stores do you visit? I see Macs, iphones, iPads, watches, headphones, speakers, cases, accessories. Everything apples does is showcased.

21. repoman016 macrumors newbie

repoman016

Still loving my 6s :)

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

It is a great phone!
    I switched from a 6S+ to an X last year (first time I bought at release) and I plan to keep my X for at least another year, depending on what Apple will offer next year.
    Main reasons for the changes was the camera and portrait mode. FaceID was another big reason for me as, for some weird reason, TouchID never really worked well with my fingers and a good 75% of the times I had to enter my passcode.

23. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Got my watch this morning. Went to the local Apple store at 6am, I was 4th in line!

Nice to have a watch again!

24. macguru212 macrumors regular

macguru212

How'd that rollercoaster work out for you?

25. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

Grateful that you are here to safeguard the money that each of us personally earns. I am planning to buy a new car next year, and I will certainly check in with you to make sure I make a wise decision in this regard.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2018 ---
    yeah, because that's the only difference, especially for those who own a 5S, 6, 6S, 6, 7S, or 8.