Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jong875

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2015
Is theft not an issue in Asia and Australia? Looking at these pictures USA is the only one with devices tethered and secured down... WTF

MoreRumors?

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2018
Tim forgot to post pics of customers receiving their shipments at home and elsewhere.

For the first time ever I won't be getting any of the new phones. They've simply become unaffordable, especially when there are similar phones that are much more competitively priced. As for the 'budget' range Xr, that's simply too big. It looks like they're simply aiming at the rich Chinese market now and damn the rest of us.
Those Crazy Rich Asians. Not all Chinese are wealthy and there are other ethnic groups who have wealth too.

Is theft not an issue in Asia and Australia? Looking at these pictures USA is the only one with devices tethered and secured down... WTF
I have been to multiple Apple stores and also at different states and never seen any products tethered and secured to the tables. What I do see are power cables connected to the port so the batteries don't drain after customers try the products. However, I do see the phones connected to security devices such as at Verizon Wireless stores.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Stop equating simple with Android, that just shows your ignorance.

Good to see the debut of the new hardware going well.
You are right. I find that Android devices can be very complicated because each is slightly different and there are too many rabbit holes to fall into. Too many can’t figure out how to do the standard stuff, like send a picture they just took by text or email.

genovelle

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Apple Stores globally open at 8:00 a.m. local time to allow customers the opportunity to unload that cash burning holes in their pockets and purses for shiny new trinkets they really didn’t need...
[doublepost=1537541344][/doublepost]It’s disappointing and discouraging to see how Apple stores have morphed into strictly phone, tablet, and watch outlets. TimCook has said that these devices have “replaced” traditional cameras, video cams, and other devices. Thay have not done so for me. I still want my camera and video cam for their intended purpose, iPhones are cumbersome to use and difficult to hold outside of making phone calls..
There are actually cases for that and even professionals including feature filmmakers have enjoyed using them.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016

As customers around the world begin getting their hands on the brand new iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4, Apple and CEO Tim Cook today shared images from the September 21 launch.

Cook started the morning by tweeting four images of customers in Apple's retail stores interacting with the Apple Watch Series 4 and iPhone XS, saying that he's thrilled for users to finally be able to try out the devices on their own.

921-iphone-apple-watch-launch.jpg

Apple Stores globally open at 8:00 a.m. local time to allow customers to pick up their reserved devices and make walk-in purchases, and Apple posted pictures of customers at Apple Stores in Singapore, Japan, and Sydney.

iphone-xs-launch-singapore-2.jpg

Apple Orchard Road, Singapore

The images shared by Apple depict a line of hundreds of people waiting outside Apple Orchard Road in Singapore, and a few show customers inside once the store opened, with their new iPhone XS and Apple Watch Series 4 devices in hand.

iphone-xs-launch-singapore.jpg

Apple Orchard Road, Singapore

Apple Kyoto in Japan was busy as well, with many customers seen trying on the Apple Watch Series 4 in numerous styles.

apple-watch-launch-day.jpg

Apple Kyoto, Japan

In Sydney, Australia, Apple shared a glimpse into the pre-launch preparations performed by employees in the store ahead of customers' arrival.

iphone-apple-watch-launch-sydney.jpg

Apple Sydney

As usual, customers in New Zealand and Australia were the first to receive their iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch pre-orders due to the time zone differences. As the day moves on, United States users waiting outside Apple Stores will be able to begin purchasing the new devices at 8:00 a.m. local time, and deliveries will occur throughout the day.

Article Link: Apple and Tim Cook Celebrate iPhone XS, XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 Launch Day
I am celebrating the birth of the “ultimate “ best iPhone in the iPhone history to this date for the birth of “512 GB” iPhone XsMax with Tim Cook. Kudos to Apple to launch the “ultimate best” size and storage on 9-21-2018.

Although XsMax have other storage sizes: 64 and 256, they are NOT “fully” or “completely” Xs”Max” since their storage sizes are NOT at “maximum.”

Fortunate for me and others who can own this “ultimate” and “completely” iPhone Xs”Max” since the launch date. Bravo to us!!

dilbert99

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2012
Tim-Cook-laughing.png

Lets celebrate, what are you having the drinks are on me. Do you know how big my bonus is going to be this year? I told you that our flock would pay more than a mac book pro for an iPhone this year.

Peperino

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2016
What we think?

Great watch series 4!

New iPhones, way overpriced for an "S" upgrade that are only offer simple upgrade (bigger screen, more memory, etc).

XR, same screen resolution as an iphone 4 from 2010...

saha-med

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2012
Many of those in line are likely scalpers looking to resell them in their own countries, since Singapore is the only country in Southeast Asia to get iPhones in launch day.

Yeap this is typically what happens here in Singapore. Scalpers used to make up to 600-700 usd profit in reselling the phone on Day 1. It was irritating as they were competing with real users .

But somehow this issue got plugged ever since the X, the resale price dropped real fast within a few hours of launch, the phone was sold below rrp by resellers here on the 2nd day onwards

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
You are right. I find that Android devices can be very complicated because each is slightly different and there are too many rabbit holes to fall into. Too many can’t figure out how to do the standard stuff, like send a picture they just took by text or email.

Actually, that part is easier on Android. Sharing media takes much fewer steps.

[doublepost=1537674580][/doublepost]
This message to damn ass android users ,web site shows this page is a Macrumors ,if you love your ****** Samsung phone why are you here in this site ? At list our phones won’t blowup in our pockets lol

What are you? Twelve?

Some of us like to experience the best of both worlds -- something those responsible for iOS should do from time to time.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
But somehow this issue got plugged ever since the X, the resale price dropped real fast within a few hours of launch, the phone was sold below rrp by resellers here on the 2nd day onwards
My guess is that these are telco sets bought on contract. With the subsidy, it's a small profit upfront, but since the price is factored into the monthly phone bill, you actually end up losing in the long run. The only exception I can think of is if you have the corporate discount, which means a 25% discount of your monthly phone bill (which indirectly discounts the phone), but still not really worth it this time round.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
“Can't wait to hear what you think!”

Phones are way overpriced for an"S" type upgrade with lack of new features.
A larger screen and better camera are not new features.
Apple has become a luxury phone company.

The entry level iPhone is the XR, not the iphone 7. Unfortunately, the Xr has the same
pixels-per-inch (326 ppi) as the original iPhone 4, from 2010.

And offering a 2 year old iPhone 7 as an entry level, I believe is a joke of bad taste.

Econ 101, market dictates price.

joecomo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Should pre-order next time.

ordered on launch day directly at start of the sale - but no luck for stainless steel models, they immediately slipped
to 2-3 Weeks delay.
So that strategy only worked for phones ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.