Apple Announces Apple Watch Pre-Orders Will Kick Off at 12:01 AM PT on April 10

luckyjat

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I'm most interested in the grey sport 38mm, but would like to give both sizes a try before purchasing. Any insight into ordering online vs in store (Palo Alto)? I have this nagging feeling that trying it on and preordering from the local apple store will make me wait until June or July to get the watch. What do you all think?

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Cool.

So on the East Coast I can wake up and read Macrumors to see if the watch is selling out or on backorder. I'm definitely not pre-ordering until I see it in person and at least read a few reviews.

Anyone know/guess when the review embargo lifts? I assume the journalists want their review to come out prior to the public having a chance to play with the watches in stores. So maybe April 9?

i5pro

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
NNJ
I'm most interested in the grey sport 38mm, but would like to give both sizes a try before purchasing. Any insight into ordering online vs in store (Palo Alto)? I have this nagging feeling that trying it on and preordering from the local apple store will make me wait until June or July to get the watch. What do you all think?
just order both and return the one you don't like:)

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Cool.

So on the East Coast I can wake up and read Macrumors to see if the watch is selling out or on backorder. I'm definitely not pre-ordering until I see it in person and at least read a few reviews.

Anyone know/guess when the review embargo lifts? I assume the journalists want their review to come out prior to the public having a chance to play with the watches in stores. So maybe April 9?
I'll be preordering the moment I can. When I visit the store later in the day, I'll make sure I like it. Best case is I'm right. Worst case, I cancel my preorder and am in the exact same position I would have been in. 2 weeks between preorder and release means plenty of time to cancel.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
Any word on pre-orders for the rMB?
No pre-orders, but actual orders and in-store availability are on the 10th. I would think you can order it at midnight PDT as well, but for shipment. I don't expect it to sell out, so your best bet might be to just go to the store on the 10th. Apple may or may not have the in-store pickup option ready right on Friday.

I'll order the Watch at 2:01am CDT for shipment but will likely just go to the store for the MacBook.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
I will be sleeping when this begins. enjoy to the others doing pre-orders at various times throughout the night and day.

*I did the 2:45am alarm for the iPhone 6

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
Great news! 8am here in the UK.

I'm hoping in store reservation for pick up on 24th will be available but all rumours says no.

Plan for next week - preorder online and then make a reservation for in store and try and preorder in store for in store pick up on 24th and. Cancel online order.

Nearly there!

nobody08

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Pennsylvaina
Plan on preordering but would also like to make an in store reservation to buy a second if you can't preorder more then one. Any word on when they will be available to make?

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
No pre-orders, but actual orders and in-store availability are on the 10th. I would think you can order it at midnight PDT as well, but for shipment. I don't expect it to sell out, so your best bet might be to just go to the store on the 10th. Apple may or may not have the in-store pickup option ready right on Friday.

I'll order the Watch at 2:01am CDT for shipment but will likely just go to the store for the MacBook.
Thanks. I plan on buying two base models (gold and space gray)!

urda

Suspended
Jun 15, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
What are the odds that we can make our reservations for the "try on sessions" that day, pre-order in store, and still have our watch on launch day?

I'm not sure I want to buy via pre-order before I try a few on.

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
What are the odds that we can make our reservations for the "try on sessions" that day, pre-order in store, and still have our watch on launch day?

I'm not sure I want to buy via pre-order before I try a few on.
I'm really hoping that's the case but it's not 100% clear on if that will be possible. Apples press release makes it sound like you will be able to reserve in store for pickup on 24th though.

Attachments

nobody08

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Pennsylvaina
I'm really hoping that's the case but it's not 100% clear on if that will be possible. Apples press release makes it sound like you will be able to reserve in store for pickup on 24th though.
yeah i saw that a few days ago as well. I just wish it was more clear. It kinda seems like you can only make in store reservations on the 24th.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
With iPhone and iPad launches they have been fairly tied to the uptime of carrier sites. Because of upgrade availability and such.

Since Apple watch doesn't have that external dependency I think it will process orders much faster. Which means launch day orders will sell out in the first 15 minutes.

Within the first hour you will see 3 - 4 weeks shipping.

I don't see any mention of limits, that tells me the scalpers will REALLY be out. That really worries me :(

----------

I don't expect it to sell out, so your best bet might be to just go to the store on the 10th
I think you are seriously under estimating the buying power of Apple customers.

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
The container is standing by....

----------

With iPhone and iPad launches they have been fairly tied to the uptime of carrier sites. Because of upgrade availability and such.

Since Apple watch doesn't have that external dependency I think it will process orders much faster. Which means launch day orders will sell out in the first 15 minutes.

Within the first hour you will see 3 - 4 weeks shipping.

I don't see any mention of limits, that tells me the scalpers will REALLY be out. That really worries me :(

----------

I think you are seriously under estimating the buying power of Apple customers.
Quote this for a good laugh after 4/10.