Apple Announces Black Friday 2009 Sale

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As expected, Apple has announced that they will be holding a one day shopping event on Friday, November 27th. In the U.S., the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday", which is historically one of the busiest shopping days of the year. MacRumors reader @chrisrooke let us know that Apple has begun emailing international customers this teaser page about the sale day.Come back to the Apple Online Store this Friday for a special one-day-only shopping event.Over the past several years, Apple has participated with one-day specials at both their retail Apple stores as well as the online Apple Store. Questionable rumors were spread last week suggesting that Apple would be offering substantial discounts on iPods and Macs this year, but Apple's Black Friday discounts have always been very modest. Previous year's price lists can be found in our guides page.

Article Link: Apple Announces Black Friday 2009 Sale

djchuckc27

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
$100 off Black Friday special, plus $100 off student discount, sounds like a good time to buy a $2,000 i7 iMac...

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
in previous years they have not allowed you to combine the black friday discount with the edu discount. this year will probably be the same.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
That's what I figured.

My plan is that if I can get a 13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP on Friday for less than $1,049 USD (UCLA Store price), than I'll be buying on Friday. Otherwise, I'll wait a while and see what happens with Arrandale.
Third-party retailers will likely (and normally) have significantly larger discounts then Apple.

Stigma

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2009
Will probably be no different than usual.

I wonder if you get student pricing off the sale price? ;)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
^^^^^ um........ Duh?

Third-party retailers will likely (and normally) have significantly larger discounts then Apple.
Well, I haven't seen anything lower than $1,049 yet. Perhaps I will this Friday.....

In a way, I'm almost hoping that I won't see a better price to give me an excuse to wait and see how they apply Arrandale to the MBPs. I have a feeling that the 13" won't see a change though....

I'm in no rush- my MB is still awesome (I want to get a MBP so I can give my MB to someone).

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
I've spent way to much money this year on electronics (SL, Win 7, WM Fusion, MW2, L4D2, new xbox 360 controller). I don't know if I can afford ANYTHING from Apple this xmas :(

I wonder if I can hint at my parents to get me an Apple gift card for a shuffle. I hope they have a sale on shuffles.

I have about $100 I can afford to spend this xmas on about 10 people and myself. Any good $10 gift ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.