Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

135023-12_days_of_xmas_2010_ipad.jpg

Apple has announced its annual Europe-only iTunes Store holiday promotion, giving away free content each day from December 26th through January 6th. The company has also released a 12 Days of Christmas iOS application [App Store], available in countries participating in the promotion. The simple application, which is universal for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad compatibility, offers push notifications regarding each day's free content.

Unfortunately for customers in the U.S. and many other countries, the promotion will likely be unavailable if past years are any indication. Due to regional content licensing issues, the 12 Days of Christmas promotion has always been limited to European iTunes Stores. Many App Store developers are expected, however, to offer sales around the Christmas holiday in hopes of capturing business from users looking to load up their new iOS devices received as gifts.

Article Link: Apple Announces Free '12 Days of Christmas' Content for European iTunes Customers

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
I wonder how many negatives this will get from us U.S. customers. Personally, I think this is great for the European market that commonly sees U.S.-only promos and whatnot. It's a shame Apple can't do the same here, but oh well. Apple is in California - that's our gift. :p

bobrik

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
I wonder how many negatives this will get from us U.S. customers. Personally, I think this is great for the European market that commonly sees U.S.-only promos and whatnot. It's a shame Apple can't do the same here, but oh well. Apple is in California - that's our gift. :p

Might it comfort you that some EU countries don't even have an iTunes Music Store? :)

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; GT-P1000 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

My missus is happy about this. :)

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Why would people vote this positive? It is not available in the US. Not good. :(

Again, because not everyone on MacRumors lives in America. It's pompous to think that this should be 100% negative / 0% positive.

It isn't available because of the deals involved here in America, not because of Apple.

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
Why would people vote this positive? It is not available in the US. Not good. :(

One day, maybe, people will stop looking at the positive/negative rating on MR threads... Maybe, one day people will stop commenting on how/how much negative or positive rating a thread gets... Maybe...
:rolleyes:

iSimx

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
Ive still got my copy of the episode of Alan Partridge ^^

When Apple gave us that "free" episode of Alan Partridge, that same night on BBC2 it showed the same episode.... lol

and it's nice for once to get something that the US don't...

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone got a list of the 12 things Apple gave away last year?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.