Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Sweet! A new improved user interface with a mail program with new features that host even more impressive crashing when trying to use my google-based mail accounts.
mathews_cool.gif

qubex

macrumors 6502
We heard nothing of the rumoured ‘rootless’ security modes and generally there was surprisingly little mention of internals at all. What the showed was a few modifications to the GUI’s window manager, userland apps, and so forth. All of them very enticing, to be sure, but hardly the stuff “new OS releases” are made of. Or do you reckon that extensive OS upgrades worthy of the name occurred under the hood and have not been mentioned in a consumer-orientated media event?

EwanMcTeagle

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
Lodz, Poland
Do you mean Windows 7? I've been using BetterTouch Tool for window snapping for years.
I use Better Window Manager (way more convenient and cleaner IMHO), so the Splitview is nice, but still pointless. They should've gone all the way to let you quickly customise window layout and save custom settings.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
We heard nothing of the rumoured ‘rootless’ security modes and generally there was surprisingly little mention of internals at all. What the showed was a few modifications to the GUI’s window manager, userland apps, and so forth. All of them very enticing, to be sure, but hardly the stuff “new OS releases” are made of. Or do you reckon that extensive OS upgrades worthy of the name occurred under the hood and have not been mentioned in a consumer-orientated media event?
Download the WWDC app and tune into the Platforms State of the Union (2pm PST) if you really want to see the under the hood differences.

Reactions: qubex

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
no direct links for OS X yet, just a redemption code for MAS. Which isn't showing up under updates yet.
It won't show up in the updates section. When you redeem the code, it'll start downloading the installer.

allpar

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2002
Is that really ALL they've done with Mail? Still can't SORT BY COLOR? Has Mail’s internal search been fixed?

A new color picker would be good. I am hoping it will work with my pre-shredder Mac Pro. Though to use the same mail database on my laptop I need it to work on that too... [sigh]

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Sounds like a good update from Yosemite.

I wonder what will happen to apps like Hyperdock, BetterSnapTool, etc. I love Hyperdock, so I guess I will continue to use it..

Reactions: Simplicated

qubex

macrumors 6502
Download the WWDC app and tune into the Platforms State of the Union (2pm PST) if you really want to see the under the hood differences.
Thanks for the kind suggestion but it is somewhat awkward on account of time-zone differences, but I’ll definitely read about it tomorrow after the technical discussions have occurred. They usually get picked up and paraphrased all over the web (arstechnica in particular).

jeffhayford

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
Does this really warrant a major OS update, seems like in the past most of these things could come out in a simple 10.10.X update?

Reactions: attila
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.