Apple Announces WWDC 2009 Keynote to be Led by Phil Schiller

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Apple just posted that Phil Schiller will deliver the WWDC keynote. I know that this is no big surprise, but at least now we know. Who knows, maybe Steve Jobs will come on stage at the end to make an appearance.

Apple® will kick off its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address on Monday, June 8 at 10:00 a.m. A team of Apple executives, led by Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, will deliver the keynote. WWDC will offer in-depth sessions on both iPhone™ OS 3.0, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, and Mac OS® X Snow Leopard™, an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s best desktop operating system and the foundation for future Mac® innovation.
Article link

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Announces WWDC 2009 Keynote to be Led by Phil Schiller

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today issued a press release announcing that the keynote address for its upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference will be held on June 8th at 10 AM Pacific Time. The keynote will be given by a team of executives led by Phil Schiller, senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing.
Apple will kick off its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address on Monday, June 8 at 10:00 a.m. A team of Apple executives, led by Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, will deliver the keynote. WWDC will offer in-depth sessions on both iPhone OS 3.0, the world's most advanced mobile operating system, and Mac OS X Snow Leopard, an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s best desktop operating system and the foundation for future Mac innovation.
Apple also announced that it will be issuing a final Developer Preview version of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard at the event.
"Last June, we gave developers an early look at the powerful new technologies that form the underpinnings of Mac OS X Snow Leopard," said Bertrand Serlet, Apple's senior vice president of Software Engineering. "At WWDC, we will be giving our developers a final Developer Preview release so they can see the incredible progress we've made on Snow Leopard and work with us as we move toward its final release."
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is currently taking a medical leave of absence until June, and many have hoped that he will make his first public reappearance at WWDC. While today's announcement does not preclude an appearance by Jobs, it does appear that, unless plans change, he will not play his traditional keynote role.

Article Link: Apple Announces WWDC 2009 Keynote to be Led by Phil Schiller

Merkuryy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Shanghai, China
Good, at last we can see whether iPhone sales go really well without the appearance of Steve. But ,anyway ,come back soon , Jobs ,plz!!!!! We need you to fight back Zune HD and ZunePhone :eek:

DVNIEL

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
California
I'm starting to lose interest on who leads whatever keynote, I just care about whats being presented. A little disappointed because it feels as if Snow Leopard is even farther from where I had hoped it would be released

mac ath

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
aaaa lets hope for a surprise kind of guest appearence during the keynote. ie. one more thing... and there is Steve healthy and all

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Wasn't Steve meant to be back in June? What happened to that, is he still coming back? I hope so.
He can still come back in June, he just might not be prepared to give the keynote on the 8th ... if he's back by then, June is a whole month.

talkingfuture

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2008
The back of beyond.
I think there was no chance of Steve doing the keynote because it must take a few weeks of stressful preparations and rehearsals to prepare one. If he comes back at the end of June the earliest he would be ready to do an event would be mid/late July. Its better that he misses WWDC and gets back in shape before the inevitable iPod and notebook updates late summer/autumn.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
I was so much hoping to see Steve back at WWDC this year... Schiller's of course not bad, but Steve is just "the original".
Yeah me too. The keynote I watched with Schiller was so duuuullll then again all he had to work with was iWork/iLife. Hardly fun city.

Hopefully this keynote'll be more interesting.

Sehnsucht

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2008
Ugh, really? :rolleyes:

If not El Jobso, what about Jonathan Ive?

Hell, they should just let me do it... :D

puffnstuff

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2008
there was already an article posted a while back stating he was ill and couldn't make it. Think it was on gizmodo?

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
hmm, why can't Tim Cook do it? Since he is already filling in for Steve, it would make more sense for Tim to give the keynote over Phil...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.