Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
Fun pattern to consider:
Forstall Era
iPhone OS 1: Introduction
iPhone OS 2: App Store
iPhone OS 3: Various improvements
iPhone OS 4 / iOS 4: Multitasking, Facetime, & iBooks
iOS 5: Notification Center & iCloud / PC Free
iOS 6: Passbook & Various improvements
Ive-Federeghi Era
iOS 7: Reintroduction of how iOS looks and works
iOS 8: Apple Pay, Health, Continuity
iOS 9 (Speculation): Various improvements
iOS X (Speculation): Large scale changes to go with the X
So then, iOS starts with an innovative way to interact with it, adds new purchasing aspect every even number version, and the third round has a greater emphasis on performance and touching up little overlooked things

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
They just released a new 13" MacBook Pro with Intels latest 5th Gen Dual Core processors (Broadwell). Intel doesn't even ship Broadwell Quad Core processors yet, hence why there is no new 15" MacBook Pro.
But apple will announce brand new MacBook Pros with Skylake (6th Gen) in 2 Months?
If Apple has created a "real" time machine, I think they should let the public know about it.

I thought there was a fair amount of speculation that the Broadwell Quad Cores would be skipped now that Intel intend to release Skylake so soon after?

If the time frame for that is the second half of 2015, and Apple may well get first dibs then a June announcement with a release a month or two later seems feasible.

I had wondered if the MBP might get a bit of a redesign to something more like the Airs, now that the new MB is out. But I guess that seems unlikely since they updated the 13" with the new trackpad. Which is a shame as our 08 MBP is finally due to be retired.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Your sure have a lot of free time in your hands.

I actually had a lot of this stuff already written up or thought out as I've written about it in other posts over the past year. Was even a writer at 9to5Mac for a short time back in college but, ironically given your post, didn't have enough time to do it steady. Those guys jump on leads quick! Gurman is a beast, although it was always fun to peak at his posts in WordPress and see what rumors were cooking. As for MacRumors I only average around 1.3 posts per day—although that average has ticked up in recent years. Part of my job is iOS app design as well as managing the app project. I'm fairly new to doing both and I'm hoping to eventually make a full-time career of it. I also own a fair bit of AAPL stock, so I'm all about keeping up with Apple. However right now I'm starting to learn about material design and am putting together some Android proposals. But once you've sat through enough keynotes they get easier to figure out. Not saying my plan is anywhere near perfect but I think it will follow pretty close to the things I'm more certain about.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
I thought there was a fair amount of speculation that the Broadwell Quad Cores would be skipped now that Intel intend to release Skylake so soon after?

If the time frame for that is the second half of 2015, and Apple may well get first dibs then a June announcement with a release a month or two later seems feasible.

I had wondered if the MBP might get a bit of a redesign to something more like the Airs, now that the new MB is out. But I guess that seems unlikely since they updated the 13" with the new trackpad. Which is a shame as our 08 MBP is finally due to be retired.

The MacBook Pro 13" is actually smaller than a MacBook Air 13" because it has a smaller bezel around the screen, which people always seem forget (see pic). Its also the same thickness as the Air at its thickest point, which is all that matters when you put it in a bag (again the Air actually has a bigger footprint).
The 13" Pro has more ports, more power, a much better screen, the new force trackpad and is similarly priced. The only thing that really favours the 13" Air these days over the Pro might be weight and that extra 1 hour of battery.
Get the new 13" MacBookPro if you looking for a new laptop, it just came out with Intels latest 5th gen processor and its the ****. Skylake (6th Gen) won't be coming anytime soon ;)

Attachments

• images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
A few things need to happen with Apple TV.

First, an update processor. Second, give Apple TV the ability to run iOS apps with access to the iOS App Store. A major thing going on these days is low cost gaming consoles and TV streaming devices like the Amazon Fire TV which able to run androids games on the television.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Several things need to happen with Apple TV.

First, an update processor. Second, give Apple TV the ability to run iOS apps with access to the iOS App Store. A major thing going on these days is low cost gaming consoles and TV streaming devices like the Amazon Fire TV which able to run androids games on the television.

Well Yeah. They are not gonna use the same single core A5 again.
It will most likely have an app store and therefore potentially gaming. You shall find out in 2 months.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
This logo is incredibly ugly lol :eek:

but the shading on the icons catches my eye. looks more like the yosemite style than iOS/watch.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
All those icon shaped things and even the Photos icon seems to be there. I suppose it is all about bringing all devices even closer together without making them all the same. I think it will be Software and not Hardware, a new Apple TV would be nice though......

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Why os 10.11 ? Why not os 11 ?

(Don't look at me with angry faces i am new to mac)

There are probably many reasons. For one thing, I think that when Apple finally moves beyond OS 10, to 11 or whatever it may be, it is going to be the next evolution and a huge change. Second, I think they really love marketing it as "OS X". it just sounds and looks cool. I'm sure they have a plan for the post OS X era, but probably are not ready to let go of the "X" just yet.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is for the iPhone 5 September Event in 2012, it clearly shows a stretched 5, meaning an iPhone 5 with longer screen.
There's certainly a 5, which is hardly a hint or anything since essentially everyone knew it would be iPhone 5. The shape of the shadow is fairly typical, and of course after the fact you can read into it implying a longer iPhone, but realistically that wasn't necessarily what it was there for as it could have been (and likely was) just a shadow and not much more.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
The Apple TV is about to become the control center of our automated home. This is what Steve meant...

I don't know if that's what Steve meant (not saying it isn't), but I can definitely see the possibilities of the automated home - with Apple TV being the hub.

Andrei90

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
This is for the iPhone 5 September Event in 2012, it clearly shows a stretched 5, meaning an iPhone 5 with longer screen.

Yeah but that one is really obvious, I can show you 20+ Apple invitations that didn't mean anything.

----------

Basically more like reading into things after the fact to make them fit some things.

Exactly

jwbrobst

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2014
Time to interpret what hidden meaning the picture has...

Here we go. I think I found everything.

apple-september-2014-event-iphone6.jpg

Last year's September event I felt I was spot on so I'm introducing with that. I realized right away that that use of shadow was not like Apple. I then went on to a sundial calculator and found that that exact angle of the shadow is the same angle you would expect from a sundial at 10am in Cupertino. That confirmed to me that the event would be about time, or about the iWatch (as everyone thought it would be called).

screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-8-49-46-am.png

Starting with the outside shapes, you'll count 8 altogether; that simply refers to the 8th day of the month that the event takes place. I think the use of circles and squares along the outside refers to Apple Watch applications and iPhone applications coming together at WWDC for the first time.

The text "The epicenter of change." in conjunction with the shape under it is referring to a new Apple TV set top box. Often the living room is considered the center of the living room. Apple used the word "epicenter" instead to provide more emphasis and suggest that Apple TV is becoming the center of your entire home. This will become true with the addition of third party apps and Siri integration but even more so with the rumors of Apple TV becoming a Smart Home Hub. The addition of HomeKit to Apple TV last year was the first step towards that, and this WWDC will be the next (and biggest). The Apple TV will be the go to product for controlling all smart appliances and devices in your home.

If the previous conclusion is correct than I think it's safe to assume the large circles revolving around the "epicenter" symbolize the (third party) smart appliances and devices that Apple TV will become the center of.

Finally back to the outer shapes and their relation to the rest of the design. The way they overlap the overarching "home" of devices suggest that using Apple TV it'll become easier than ever to control your devices away from home. The fact that they aren't completely within that home signifies that the iPhone and Apple Watch are just as vital as part of that smart home environment as they are as part of the rest of your life.

...sorry, I went to art school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.