Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Was WWDC '13 about TV? That artwork had rounded recs too.

screen-shot-2013-04-24-at-8-40-22-am.png

Or how about 2014? Lots of people thought that artwork was about TV too.

wwdc-2014-logo.jpg

tknelson

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2006
Was WWDC '13 about TV? That artwork had rounded recs too.

I hate to break it to you, but those aren't rectangles: they are vaguely rectangular blobs. As far as the other one, I can't even imagine why anyone thought that related to the Apple TV.

Meanwhile, the center of the logo this year is very nearly a perfect match for the current Apple TV (corners are very slightly more rounded) right down to the exact size of the Apple logo on top.

If this isn't a big hint at the Apple TV, it's a definite poke in everyone's eyes.

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
Circular icons in ios9?
Doubtful. Circular icons seem to be a thing for the Apple Watch and the 7G nano.
Redesign of iOS 9 so it looks more like Yosemite?
Seems plausible, although iOS 8 already has a lot of elements from Yosemite in place.
Epicenter = Earthquake = Shaking things up = Shaking up Cable TV Industry?
No, Apple is entering the food industry and will be launching the iShake, their new line of organic milkshakes.
Apple has being doing a lot this year! 8.1,8.2,8.3, photos app, Yosemite, iCloud work, MacBooks, apple watch. Now iOS 9 and the new OSX.. New music app for iOS 8.. They are on a roll!
No guarantee we'll see iOS 9 or OS X 10.11 at WWDC. I'm sure we will, but until it's announced, don't expect too much.

nasht00

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am trying to register for the lottery.

I see a page "Submit your information."
It shows my developer account (information is correct).
The section Attendee shows a radio button to choose my name (and not under 17).

Then I click "Continue". It loads... back to the same page.
I've tried on both Safari and Chrome. It always loops back to that same page. No confirmation, no errors, just the same form again and again.

Any ideas?

----------

Nevermind guys,
I've waited 10 minutes and tried again. Works now.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Apple has put the bar up too high, people now expect them to have a revolutionary product every six months. They can't keep doing this, they won't "Wow" people multiple times every year.

They should lay back, and fix whatever issues they have with whatever products are out there now.

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Please just no more game center. Its lived its life and now it needs to die peacefully!

Also, iOS app icons and Apple Watch icons stacked one on top of the other could only mean greater integration between the two devices. That's it. There is no other meaning to it!

Last edited:

Trhodezy

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
New Apple TV, Mac Mini and Mac Pro (see the icons around the edges; looks a lot like the aforementioned devices from above).

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
This looks like a Venn diagram. It probably represents the deep integration between iOS, OS X and Watch OS. That or an update to iCloud.

TheBryMan85

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Not sure if this has been mentioned..... But I also see what looks like the photos app icon in the center....

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
The only thing that I can think of that would be a HUGE change is combining Mac OS and iOS.

Oh man, this idea will never die, despite Apple execs publicly saying they aren't doing it time and time again.

Latest evidence: Apple has released ANOTHER new OS for the Watch.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I hate to break it to you, but those aren't rectangles: they are vaguely rectangular blobs. As far as the other one, I can't even imagine why anyone thought that related to the Apple TV.

Meanwhile, the center of the logo this year is very nearly a perfect match for the current Apple TV (corners are very slightly more rounded) right down to the exact size of the Apple logo on top.

If this isn't a big hint at the Apple TV, it's a definite poke in everyone's eyes.

Believe me there were people who thought the 2014 graphic was related to TV. Now I won't be surprised at all if TV is featured at WWDC this year but that's because it's badly due for an update not because of this graphic. To me the shape looks just as much like an iOS icon as an Apple TV.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Epicentre is used to describe earthquake locations relative to the surface, so is Apple hinting at some big under-the-hood changes? Maybe a new OS or processor is about to be introduced.

Then again, the change referred to could be a change in the way we live our lives. Maybe Apple will unveil a complete home automation solution.

Maybe I am just guessing. Apple should always keep us guessing.

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
The MacBook Pro 13" is actually smaller than a MacBook Air 13" because it has a smaller bezel around the screen, which people always seem forget (see pic). Its also the same thickness as the Air at its thickest point, which is all that matters when you put it in a bag (again the Air actually has a bigger footprint).
The 13" Pro has more ports, more power, a much better screen, the new force trackpad and is similarly priced. The only thing that really favours the 13" Air these days over the Pro might be weight and that extra 1 hour of battery.
Get the new 13" MacBookPro if you looking for a new laptop, it just came out with Intels latest 5th gen processor and its the ****. Skylake (6th Gen) won't be coming anytime soon ;)

That's true - and I am considering the 13". On the one hand it provides more screen real estate than the old 15". But on the other, having gotten used to the 27" iMac, the larger screen would still be tempting.

holydude

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2013
Epicentre is used to describe earthquake locations relative to the surface, so is Apple hinting at some big under-the-hood changes? Maybe a new OS or processor is about to be introduced.

Then again, the change referred to could be a change in the way we live our lives. Maybe Apple will unveil a complete home automation solution.

Maybe I am just guessing. Apple should always keep us guessing.
Well they had a chance to switch to ARM with the new macbook. They did not.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
That's true - and I am considering the 13". On the one hand it provides more screen real estate than the old 15". But on the other, having gotten used to the 27" iMac, the larger screen would still be tempting.

Yeah that makes sense. I prefere the 13" because the 15" is just to big for me and than I might as well get a desktop if I would ever need the power and quad core processors.
If you think about getting the 15" MacBook Pro than I would probably wait till WWDC where they will most likely announce the new 15" with force trackpad, and quad core 5th gen processors.
I think the 13" and possibly the new 12" Mac book is just perfect size for a laptop, small enough to carry around but big enough to do some decent work on it.

holydude

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2013
What future? Intel have been powering PCs for decades. They know better than Apple in this field. Heck, even AMD probably knows better.
And RISC and SGI were powering everything when Intel could not even calculate 2 + 2 (exaggerating here but you get the point).
I think we will see shift to ARM a one day at least for: macbook and macbook air (if that survives). And later on for Macbook pro.
Do not be too much worried.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
AppleWatch

----------

What makes you say that?

There is a big push for custom CPUs based on ARM for datacenters and database servers. Why do you think that a custom chip designed to run/accelerate Objective C, Cocoa, Swift, ect wouldn't be powerful enough for 90% of Apples user base?

ARM is a joke for desktops. It will be like changing from PowerPC to Intel, remember that? Software will need to be rewritten. We need Apple to adopt standards, which they did by choosing Intel. Now you want them to change again?

Microsoft tried to market an ARM tablet (Surface) as something viable. It flopped because it's ARM and no one wants a tablet running a desktop OS where they can't even run half their apps because everyone else runs on x86/x64 architecture. Now the Surface 3 is Intel only.

----------

And RISC and SGI were powering everything when Intel could not even calculate 2 + 2 (exaggerating here but you get the point).
I think we will see shift to ARM a one day at least for: macbook and macbook air (if that survives). And later on for Macbook pro.

Well I don't feel like running iPad apps on a Macbook, so if Apple unfortunately go down this road I will go to another OS. There are plenty of great Linux distros out there.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009

If they do it, they will want to do it for the whole lineup. If the air runs on arm and the pro on Intel, developers would have to write all their apps twice. Ask Microsoft how well that worked out for them.

holydude

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2013
If they do it, they will want to do it for the whole lineup. If the air runs on arm and the pro on Intel, developers would have to write all their apps twice. Ask Microsoft how well that worked out for them.

Not necessarily and do not forget that Apple is not Microsoft. While I agree that it would be the best to run the whole lineup on 1 type of CPU we can't forget the power users doing the heavy stuff. Also LLVM and unified SDKs could help in this matter.
We will see...i would prefer apple to really try to go that path as they would have much more control over the stuff....we will see if the can pull it off.

----------

ARM is a joke for desktops. It will be like changing from PowerPC to Intel, remember that? Software will need to be rewritten. We need Apple to adopt standards, which they did by choosing Intel. Now you want them to change again?

Microsoft tried to market an ARM tablet (Surface) as something viable. It flopped because it's ARM and no one wants a tablet running a desktop OS where they can't even run half their apps because everyone else runs on x86/x64 architecture. Now the Surface 3 is Intel only.

----------

Well I don't feel like running iPad apps on a Macbook, so if Apple unfortunately go down this road I will go to another OS. There are plenty of great Linux distros out there.

Why do you think you would be running only an ipad apps on a macbook ? I do not see a connection there. You would be running the same application as you do now (i do not mean exactly the same in their binary form but you get my point right?).

Yes you are worried about the performance but that can improve over time. And you were talking about standards...well..Windows is a pretty much considered a standard and yet many people choose to work with Mac. Why ? Cuz sometimes standard is not the right choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.