Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhvaughan2

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2006
The rumors are all wrong

It's not the iphone that is getting bigger it is the iPad.
An article in the BBC this morning confirms it with this the secret spy photo from inside Foxconn
_62417791_115279589.jpg

herbapou

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2011
My wish list

Refresh 16:9 iphone with 4" screen.
New 16:9 ipod touch with 5" screen, same resolution as iphone.
New 4:3 ipad LT with 8" screen, same resolution as ipad 2.
New 4:3 ipad XL with 15" screen, same resolution as ipad 3.
Refresh 20" imac with retina display.
New 20" monitor with retina display.
Refresh 27" imac.
Refresh mac pro.
Refresh mac mini.
Refresh Apple TV box with apps and new UI.
New Apple TV IPTV set top box with distributor partners. (U-Verse, Bell fibe,...)
New Apple TV QAM set top box with Cable operator partners. (comcast, ...)
New Apple TV set with integrated IPTV support.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
"One of the sources specifically cites September 12 as the Apple-imposed deadline for the adjustments to be made, while another source indicates that their store is already at work on tripling the amount of display space dedicated to the iPad."

It sounds to me like they will be releasing it on the 12th and not the 21st.
Maybe they will release the iPad Mini on the 12th and iPhone 5 on the 21st?
I want an iPhone 5 not the iPad mini.

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
iPPLe and Mac should split

Macintosh has always been computer related wares and should not be compared in profit value to iPhones and iPads.

I think that Apple should split the mac into a different division as in the
*macintosh co.* for macbooks, macbook pros, Mac pros, and related hardware and OS. (just change the iMac to mymac.)

For all else itoys and telephony- make it the iPPLe Co. for mainstream consumer based products such as iPad, iPod, iPhones.

Comparing profit margins between telephone and netbook products and computers doesnt make sense.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Cute ;)

Sadly, I've been IM'ing with a few Apple corp. friends who are praying Apple releases a new Mac Pro. Even their corp. employees, some in Pro-Aps and others in marketing, are tiring of iOS and devices.

iPad's are one of the cheapest devices Apple sells. Of course they sell well. I've lost count how many times I've been privy to "Should I get an iPad or MacBook Air?" discussions.

In the meantime, people who actually use their systems for work (you know, making a living) are leaving for other platforms. Sure, Apple will thrive in the iDevices consumer market, and other companies will scoop up the fallout and make market gains. Keep in mind, I'm an OS X guy - always have been, but Windows still holds the largest market share in the OS department. =)

Yeh I was just joking. Even tho I wont be in the market for a mac pro I was a little dissapointed at their lack of refresh. I found it a very strange move by apple because once ppl move to another system they can lose that customer from their whole ecosystem. I realise they dont make as much money from them as say the ipads but surely they dont lose anything by refreshing them, i hear of lots of ppl waiting for them. Strange.

sazivad

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
New Jersey
Does anyone remember when Apple used to release great media producing software and servers?
Although Apple doesn't sell Xserve anymore, they do sell the Mac mini and Mac Pro with Mountain Lion Server (not much, but it's something). And as for media producing software, check here.

SLOAero

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
I just want a new iMac

Well... I wonder how iDevice pickup is going among non-apple users here in the states? Is uptake accelerating or leveling off? If the iDevices are being used to draw non-Apple users into their environment and uptake isn't showing signs of slowing down then Apple could be holding off on PC refreshes so that recent converts will pay $$$ for new macs instead of feeling bummed about a 2-year old iMac.

gibbo132

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2010
I can't see why Apple should care at all about the price you can resell your current iPad for. It's not like your current iPad becomes less functional at the moment a new model is released.

They won't care, but I find it preposterous that they could outdate a product so quickly, I can deal with a year but 5 months...

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
If they introduce a revamped iPad 3 in September I am not going to be too happy.

I will because I only just now managed to sell enough junk on eBay to buy one. Guess you bought yours recently. If it works, yay!

----------

If they do revamp the current iPad I will be thoroughly annoyed, its only around 5 months old yet it would be deemed 'old technology' thus reducing it's resale price over the updated model!
I know it happens all the time and I expect it with Apple but come on at least give me a year of it being current!

If you're selling yours, do it fast. If you're not selling it... Well... So what?

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
27" iMac with Retina Touchscreen - how could would that be :)

I have no opinion on how could that would be.

Apple has done testing on touch screen computers. Unless you can hold it in your hands, touch screens are hard on the arms. On my MacBook Pro 13", however, in my lap, if it were cooler running, would be nice to have touch OCCASIONALLY. Problem is the screen would look like crap instantly.

yakapo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
The new ipad mini. Comes with sand paper so you can file down your fingers to use it. The new "hummer sized" iphone. "People don't read anymore"

Say what you like but I prefer the new apple.

emjaymert

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
possible ipad mini sighting

My best friend went to our local Apple store yesterday to get their Iphone serviced. Arrived at the store 1 hr before official open time and was let in anyhow. Was taken to the rear of the store and was shown an Ipad that was *NOT* on the display floor and allowed to test drive it. Reported as being nice and a bit on the sluggish side.Store is in the process of a display redesign.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
You misunderstand. Only designers and coders and renderers get to define the mythical "real" work. People like you and I, who generate income from an iPad, do not.
I guess I'll have to take my 27" iMac with me on rounds at the hospital from now on. Wouldn't want anyone to think I wasn't a real professional, after all. Or even better, why don't I get the latest top of the line Dell desktop and monitor to show everyone how professional I am?

Different tools are best suited to different tasks. The kind of tool that is most appropriate does not define one's professionalism.

Last edited:

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Introducing the behemoth...

Nup sorry, you've all got it wrong. It's making room for the new iPhone that no one saw coming. Yeah we all know about the new one in 16:9 format. But who saw the behemoth iPhone that is sure to lure all those android users who can't get screens big enough? It's not an iPad mini. It's an iPhone behemoth. It comes preformatted with 20 tacky widgets on every screen, 7 inches of screen real estate, moving desktops in 3d, and is guaranteed to take you an infinitude of lifetimes to never get it looking good or operating smoothly.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.