Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
As the new iPad mini is expected to be just weeks away from launch, it is unlikely that the responses from the surveys will influence the iPad's screen size as it has already been finalized. However, Apple could use the responses from the survey for marketing purposes.
Shoot first, ask questions later :p

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I’m getting a little nervous now about those redesign rumors being true for this year’s iPad mini. I hope this survey is for a future and cheaper iPad mini SE model.

Jack55555

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2021
For all people and doubters:
The Mini 6 will be released this Fall. There is no reason to trust a leaker like MacOkatara with an accuracy of 64%. Every reliable leaker said a new redesigned Mini is coming. And as this questionare wasn‘t Mini exclusive there are no reasons to believe that they won‘t release it. Of course they need input in which direction they could go but Apple doesn‘t do stuff based on ask customer - do stuff for customer.
They are well known to build stuff customers just realise „oh wow this is cool i need this but I didn‘t know that I needed this till now“.
It would be pretty short sighted to believe that just based on this survery that they don‘t continue improoving their lineup.
They know that they have to update the Mini, they know that there is a huge market for it and they know that they can pull in more customers with the new formfactor because it is an amazing alternative to the regular iPad and the Air. Therefore this new redesigned Mini 6 is coming.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I would love a 17" iPad attached to something like this:

iMac-G4-Concept-Xhakomo-Doda-4-The-Apple-Post.jpg

376B037E-FE07-45EE-96FE-3F724EAD7644-e1556621915959.jpeg

It would basically be an iMac G4 base and arm that houses a dock for all kinds of I/O, maybe an external drive, and pass-thru power.

The iPad would be held magnetically and use the pins for power and data, like the Magic Keyboard.
Noice.:cool: But I would bring my own mouse and keyboard. That mouse looks like an ergonomic nightmare. And that keyboard would give me carpal tunnel.:eek:

Reactions: Darth Tulhu

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
iPad Mini PRO MAX at 9.7inch.

I do not care if its a mini, Air, or PRO but bring back the perfect size that was 9.7 . This size carried the iPad for years now they are making every possible screen size above it and below it but no option for the original 9.7. My Air4 is like a little TV.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
The survey is for the next generation iPad Mini that will look like the current iPad Pro. The 2021 will be the same as the iPad Mini 2-5. iPad Mini 6 will have the A14 4GB RAM:(. Maybe upgrade front facing camera from iPhone 8.

The next re-design iPad Mini will be in 2023-24, it will be the last iPad to get the new look as it is Apple’s black sheep model.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.