Apple At-Home Advisor... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by arn, Nov 20, 2013.

1. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

I had a job preview April, no offer since then. I applied back in Jan. HR messaged me back yesterday saying they're going to follow up on it and to hopefully get back to me by the end of the week.

2. Charliegirl macrumors member

It’s a shame the hiring process takes so long. Had hopes to do this role as I really enjoy customer service. Alas I have an interview for another job on Monday. Not knowing is certainly tricky

3. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

I just received a email regarding an intent to offer. Should I get excited or save it until I get a concrete offer? lol.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2018 ---
    They contacted all of mine. I had 4.

4. Charliegirl macrumors member

I just got the same offer. Get excited yes! We still have to pass 7 weeks of training before the job is actually ours. Also a phone call will come next then paperwork in the post.

5. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

Sweeeeet! Can't wait :). 14th of June start as well I assume?

6. Charliegirl macrumors member

Yep same date and 7 weeks to. They just called me then to ask about past employment start and end dates. Asked if I was enjoying the process and I told her it’s really slow lol!!!! Great folk to deal with when they do contact you though thankfully haha!

7. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

My employment start and end dates were part of the reason this took so long lol, to be fair it was my mistake. And it sure has been painfully slow but it'll be worth it in the end :). Hopefully I get that call soon... Constantly looking at my phone haha!

8. Charliegirl macrumors member

My dates were all correct I guess they were just double checking. I’m just to get the offer call though. It’s odd to have a letter of intent to offer lol! We will be in the same class, that’s pretty cool

9. flowerwasteland, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018

flowerwasteland macrumors newbie

flowerwasteland

I sent you a PM.

10. Charliegirl macrumors member

Any phone call for you yet? Nothing so far here.... More waiting lol!

11. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

Nothing here yet. I'd wait until Thursday or Friday, if nothing then send them an email because it's just over two weeks away and we need to fill out the paperwork and wait for our hardware to arrive.

12. Charliegirl macrumors member

I w
    I was thinking the same thing, especially as I live in the middle of nowhere and it will take a few days for the stuff to arrive. Don't want to be waiting another month for the next class either.

13. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

Yeah definitely send them an email Thursday afternoon, that's what I'm doing. Think it's a bit strange to have an intent to offer email, I've searched over this forum and I've seen nobody comment anything about it :S

14. Charliegirl macrumors member

I looked everywhere for info on intent to offer also and found nothing. Must be an Australian thing perhaps, its certainly pretty strange. Maybe so long as we can make the start date and everything else they asked is ok that the call comes (one day haha!)

15. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

Fingers crossed for the both of us :) I'll be sure to comment straight away after I get that call haha

16. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

Guessing still no call on your end? Don't mean to sound like I'm being impatient with them, but I am getting a little antsy I admit lol. I know they're probably extremely busy but today marks two weeks until we start.

17. Charliegirl macrumors member

Nope still no call and it’s driving me nuts also. Not knowing is very annoying to say the least lol! Need to find another job soon I’m thinking, give them a week or so

18. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

I've emailed the person that sent me the email last Friday. Hopefully should hear back tomorrow.

19. Charliegirl macrumors member

Sorry I was out watching Kinne lol! I’ve read that some people don’t get their equipment until the day before class sometimes. Or that they don’t hear back until 7 days before start if they actually have the position. I’m thinking they have a heap applying and they know their timelines pretty well. Except that it takes 5 days even with express to get things to where I live.
    All the waiting certainly makes you want the job more. I just worry that I’ve turned down some other roles because this one is of particular interest to me.

20. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

Oops.... I feel kinda bad that I've emailed them now after hearing that lol. I don't want to come off as annoying but I also want to show that I'm extremely eager for this role. I hope that we find out tomorrow, if not early next week because I personally think finding out just a week before is a little late. However I don't know how things are done, so it could be the norm. Though for people like you, they'd have to make compromises. Doesn't hurt to send them an email though :)

21. Charliegirl macrumors member

I wouldn’t feel bad emailing them at all! I’ve sent a few before and will probably send one today as well. Plus they would be use to it. It’s just a job but a job that’s taking a long time to get that ball rolling lol! Still I can’t help but want to get it rolling faster so I can get started (hopefully) Maybe it’s all part of their tack haha! People drop off slowly from giving up waiting. Hopefully we hear something today

22. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

I had a few people I know say the same thing, they might do it on purpose to see who's still interested and keen to start the job. Considering the massive amount of people that probably apply, it's a smart business tactic.

23. Charliegirl macrumors member

I wonder how many people apply in Australia and how many are successful. It doesn’t seem like we will hear today either at this point. It’s like being kept on the edge not knowing

24. hazmaz90 macrumors newbie

I just got an email saying I got the job!!!!

25. Charliegirl macrumors member

Well done!!!! Maybe I might get lucky today also....maybe