Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

084420-ipadorder.jpg

As reported, Apple has begun accepting pre-orders for the Apple iPad in the U.S. Apple Store. While U.S. customers can pre-order any of Apple's six iPad models (three Wi-Fi and three Wi-Fi + 3G) beginning today, only the Wi-Fi models will be available on the launch date of Saturday, April 3rd. Customers purchasing Wi-Fi + 3G iPad models will need to wait until late April to receive their orders.

Devices are being promised for April 3rd delivery.

Article Link: Apple Begins iPad Pre-Orders in U.S.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
no way i'm buying the first version. no apps and only Steve Jobs's iPad has Flash at this time

Bearings

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2009
Screen Rotation Lock

Did the iPad always have a hardware Screen Rotation Lock button? I just noticed that today after I ordered mine.

xerent

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2010
The words "in U.S." is key here. Looks like there's a shortage after all, or it'd be available for pre-order here in Euroland as well.

danlovaj

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
Got mine...32GB wifi with dock. But where was the camera dock accessory???

Now, setting the countdown timer to D-Day. (delivery day) April 3. Cannot wait!!

jragosta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Got mine

Ordered my 3G 64 GB unit today. I made enough on my March 20 200 call options to pay for it several times over.

They're going to sell like crazy.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I just ordered my 64gig WiFi version BUT there is no option for in-store pickup!!!!!!!

This is making me crazy -- I live one block away from an Apple Store!

Delivery will be on /April 3 UNLESS you live in an area that does not have Saturday delivery.

Deanster

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
still, I ordered a 32 gig wifi, and a 64 gig 3G.

I figure if I hate the 32, I can cancel the other... otherwise, the WiFi gets sold, or goes to the wife, depending on who likes it, and how the argument about how much it costs goes... But by ordering two, I'll get to keep one!

Wilbah

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
Am I missing something?

Where is the option to reserve it for pickup at the local store? I only see the shipping option?

jragosta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
The words "in U.S." is key here. Looks like there's a shortage after all, or it'd be available for pre-order here in Euroland as well.

Not necessarily. It could be regulatory approvals that are holding it up. I don't know one way or the other, of course, but it's impossible to assume that there will be a shortage.

Although I suspect that there will be.

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
Yes! Went with the 32gig wifi at the last minute. Charger ships in late April.

Can't wait!

feamster

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2010
Ordered my 32gb 3g

Did anyone notice the protection plan only offers a total of 2 yrs coverage instead of 3? It reads like it starts when you purchase the ipad. Most likely a typo.

pgoty

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
Tampad

Pulled the trigger on the 64gb, and case. damage done $782.28

Wth is the pick up store option?:confused:

Bob Knob

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
32GB wifi only for me, I plan on buying a wifi/3g and whatever the biggest drive is at the time when a camera is added... my 32GB wifi only will have no problems finding a new home with family members.

Has anyone gotten an order conformation email yet? Usually they are in my inbox before I can even close Safari after placing an order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.