Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
Yep Black Friday is more like a Brown Friday here in the UK, apple are not even cutting the price of the mini.

This is because apples sales in the UK have not been so great since they bumped prices by 25% last year.

MacKiddyWiddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
Well i was hoping for the rumoured 15% but meg discount is still discount
signature_SmileyFace.jpg

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Apple product discount?

Yea, that's gonna happen when JC comes down and starts the 2nd Coming. Don't hold your breath on that.

I'll be getting some sweet deals on 2 netbooks and other PC related items this year. Waiting for Apple "discounts" has lost its appeal.

So $200NZD of an iMac for EDU ISN'T A DISCOUNT?

Remember SJ is Bhuddist so Christian Satires dont really work.

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
Lets face it these discounts are NOT going to encourage a person who wasnt going to buy a mac to change their mind

NSMonkey

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2009
I *love* my Macs. I've never regretted purchasing one, and I'm sure I'll never regret purchasing my next one.

I also *love* my Windows 7 PC. In fact, I'd go so far to say that I enjoy Windows 7 just as much as I've enjoyed OS X. Both have been stable and high-performance.

How often do people actually say they "love" this or "love" that though? Amongst the IT crowd I'm involved in, I can't remember the last time I've heard anyone say they really prefer a particular product (and this is coming from a group that's probably 50% Windows, 40% Mac and 10% Linux/other).
I didn't bring up "love", lilo777 did. I thought it was kind of ridiculous, which is why I responded. As far as preferring a product, I think you're in an unusual situation. Every programmer I know (and, judging by appearances, nearly every programmer on the internet) has a platform preference.

In fact, just about the only ones I know who I've heard say they "love" this or that are the casual computer users who don't really do much besides internet usage and office applications (then again, that's a very high majority of computer owners). And to be completely honest, their opinion just about means nothing to me.
We just have really different points of view on this. I do care about consumers. The whole point of the software I write is to allow an end user to accomplish their goals. I care far more about their opinions than that of my fellow programmers, who often lose sight of the forest for the trees.

I think you mean that Apple's hardware revenue has been rapidly rising. Sales of hardware units have been increasing, but I don't know that I would call it a "rapid increase".
No, I meant exactly what I said. Mac sales were up 17% year over year last quarter. I wouldn't describe that as "skyrocketing" but it's more than "slow and steady" so "rapid" seems like a fair description (especially during a major recession).
It does make me curious though how Apple would have fared had the economy actually hit a depression.
You mean a full-blown, standing-in-bread-lines depression? Honestly, Apple's revenues would be the last thing on my mind, but it is an interesting question.

neverni

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2005
It appears that there are no further educational discount on BF. I was hoping I can combine both and get an additional saving. Ah well...

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I'd quite like to buy it from John Lewis for cash, if it will save me money.

Thanks!

If you have a local Apple Store offering the discount then John Lewis should price match it. Think John Lewis is open till 8 tonight (Christmas opening hours).

/edit Just checked they are matching the prices today (online - should be instore too)

seashellz

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2004
It's extremely frustrating that I can get the new Macbook from Amazon, or Best Buy with a free $150 gift card, cheaper than I can from Apple themselves. You would think they could at least MATCH these types of deals! Not everyday, but just MAYBE on black Friday. :mad:

er....well, why not just BUY one from them rather than complain?

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
er....well, why not just BUY one from them rather than complain?

I like complaining. And regarding the Macbook, Uh, well, eh, I did.

Why post anything on an internet forum at all? Just Google for everything your interested in, including answers to common questions, opinions on things, and well, pretty much anything. :rolleyes:

Get over it. If you don't like complaining, don't read public forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.