Apple Building Massive Structure at Flint Center for iPhone 6 Event

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
*This* is an EPIC: Image

Please stop misusing words for effect. The impact of "epic" is now impotent, due to people (usually Americans) using it WAY out of context, therefore diluting it completely.
It's being used as an adjective. This is often forgotten, due to people (usually Europeans) forgetting parts of speech.

You can look up the adjective's definition.

Thoir

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
Don't want to spoil the nice iHome discussion; but:

Is there prove this is for Apple. Don't get me wrong, the coincidence is there.
But these could also be construction tent buildings. I saw them use one that looks like this in a construction site.

Maybe they are just renovating that area... I don't know. It just might not have anything to do with Apple. Just saying.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
It's being used as an adjective. This is often forgotten, due to people (usually Europeans) forgetting parts of speech.

You can look up the adjective's definition.
Epic is defined right in front of you, in the Oxford English dictionary, which comes from England, home of English.

You can use "cat" in place of "dog" if you like, but it will still sound silly, and still be wrong.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Austin, TX

But these could also be construction tent buildings. I saw them use one that looks like this in a construction site.

Maybe they are just renovating that area... I don't know. It just might not have anything to do with Apple. Just saying.
Don't waste your breath, I said the same thing a while back and was completely ignored. But what exactly indicates that this must be Apple? Nothing except coincidence.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Epic is defined right in front of you, in the Oxford English dictionary, which comes from England, home of English.

You can use "cat" in place of "dog" if you like, but it will still sound silly, and still be wrong.
... epic can be used as an adjective.

Seriously? You responded to my post without even trying to verify what I said??

You can deny that "feline" is another word for "cat", but it will still sound silly, and still be wrong.

Heres the oxford definition englishman...all you had to do was scroll down after you took your screenshot

Last edited:

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011

The venue themselves are quoted as saying it's for a client. Would be a huge coincidence then if it were for anyone but Apple.

I'm not saying it's a simulated home, I'm more inclined to think it's an area for hands on experience.

From the article:

Administrators had previously declined to comment on what the structure is for, stating only "We are not at liberty to discuss that due to client wishes."

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014

You can deny that "feline" is another word for "cat", but it will still sound silly, and still be wrong.

Heres the oxford definition englishman...all you had to do was scroll down after you took your screenshot

I won't be an argumentative fool, so I'll accept your answer and move along :)

[EDIT]: PS, you chose American English - I refrain from commenting further on that.

Last edited:

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
I have pondered over this strange cube for white some time, and have come to the conclusion that it is a plinth... they are inviting the Samsung CEO to the event, and I feel that they've made him a slightly smaller plinth out of old off-cuts of wood, upon which he will stand. This one, however, is for the Apple employees to stand on, so Tim & Jony can be seen as "The winners", without even needing to speak a word.

Then again, it might just be for show... or the window cleaners... or... ya know... whatever.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
I won't be an argumentative fool, so I'll accept your answer and move along :)

[EDIT]: PS, you chose American English - I refrain from commenting further on that.
I chose the oxford dictionary. The one you referenced.

Jjaro

macrumors regular
May 29, 2009
Yokosuka, Japan

Um, jail token iPhone? Or an Android device? I do JB my iPhone, but don't use themes.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
"Delivery for Mr Ive - sign here please" (crane arrives, lowering a HUGE block of aluminium)

The event is going to be held inside a specially crafted, hollowed out unibody aluminium cube. Jony Ive is coming with his colleagues tomorrow, with LOTS of dremels.

EldonChew

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2011
Singapore
What appears to be showing here is the Flint Center building wrapped with white panels, not a new building being constructed. This becomes very apparent by looking at oblique aerials of the building. Presumably the exterior of the Flint Center is being decorated for the event.
No, if you look closely, the white building is built in front of the Flint Center.

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
If the Flint Centre is where Apple are holding the actual keynote, could the building they are constructing outside be where the iPhone 6 and maybe other products are going to be on display, so that members of the press can play around with them and then write about it in the news.

I can see Apple announcing the iPhone 6 maybe in 2 sizes - 4.7" and 5.5"
and they might also announce the iWatch, for release at a later date. As much as i would want them too, i don't think they are going to announce anything else, such as new iPads or anything, this will probably be saved for their October or November event.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
No, if you look closely, the white building is built in front of the Flint Center.
Yes, this was figured out in subsequent posts. The issue was the one, poor photo, and MR's confused description of what was going on and where.

----------

If the Flint Centre is where Apple are holding the actual keynote, could the building they are constructing outside be where the iPhone 6 and maybe other products are going to be on display, so that members of the press can play around with them and then write about it in the news.
This seems like the general consensus.

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
Yes, this was figured out in subsequent posts. The issue was the one, poor photo, and MR's confused description of what was going on and where.

----------

This seems like the general consensus.
The only question remains, how many products will be announced? Personally I think it will be the iPhone and maybe the iWatch. iPads and Macs will probably be announced at an October/November event.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The only question remains, how many products will be announced? Personally I think it will be the iPhone and maybe the iWatch. iPads and Macs will probably be announced at an October/November event.
The new iPhone models, the wearable(s), and maybe a Yosemite update/ship date would make for a big show. The second item would require a lot of explaining, the trotting out of product partners, etc.

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
The new iPhone models, the wearable(s), and maybe a Yosemite update/ship date would make for a big show. The second item would require a lot of explaining, the trotting out of product partners, etc.
That is true, i think it would be great if they announced, the 2 iPhones and the iWatch. It would be even more amazing if they announced the iWatch was available at the same time as the 2 iPhones. However i think that's just wishful thinking on my part ;)

haohu

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
Not sure if anyone noticed.
When search Flint Center on google map,
that building has been labeled as "A8". It should be the building numbering of the De Anza college.

Dose iPhone6 suppose to have "A8" chip inside? Is this a coincident or on purpose?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure if anyone noticed.
When search Flint Center on google map,
that building has been labeled as "A8". It should be the building numbering of the De Anza college.

Dose iPhone6 suppose to have "A8" chip inside? Is this a coincident or on purpose?
Building next to it essentially is labeled as that, and has been for some time essentially. So coincidence at best (unless Apple was specifically looking for some buildings with designation of A8 for the event, which means they could have ended up with a pool building or something like that just as easily simply based on numbering).