Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)
Hello there,

I installed El Capitan on my Mac Pro 1.1 a while ago, but never used iMessages or Facetime. Now I have bought an iPhone and wanted to activate iMessages on the Mac Pro, too.
As mentioned in the thread about running El Capitan on the Mac Pro 1.1 iMessage and Facetime did not work out of the box.
For this reason I called Apple with the provided activation code for my system. The tried to activate my system for about 10 to 15 times, but I am still getting the error message with the code for the Apple service.

When I try to login the identityservicesd provide the following errors:

Code:
12.07.16 18:31:50,999 identityservicesd[363]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (*********): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: *********] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: *********] [Phone Number: *********] [AppleID: *********] [UserID: E:*********] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <*********>] [Region ID: R:DE] [Base Number: *********] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: (*********,*********,*********,*********)] [Auth Cert: *********] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:*********] [Auth User ID: D:*********] [Heartbeat Date: (null)]   (Error: 31)
12.07.16 18:31:51,000 identityservicesd[363]: [Warning] Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service
12.07.16 18:31:51,000 identityservicesd[363]: [Warning] Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service
12.07.16 18:31:51,000 identityservicesd[363]: [Warning] Server denied registration support
12.07.16 18:31:51,001 identityservicesd[363]: [Warning] Server denied registration support

I have called apple tree times, because I tried different things to solve the problem like reinstalling the os, remove my phone number from my apple id, change my password and adding an iCloud address to the account.
The interesting thing is, that my roommate is able to login with his apple id on my mac pro without any errors. It is just working out of the box with all features for his account.
I mentioned this at the (very very kind!) apple support. At the end of my last call, the apple employee gave me his mail address to phone him if iMessage is not working in two days. He said if it is not working in two days, he will put all the information together and provide it to the technicians.
This is a kind offer, but is it wise for me to accept it? I think the technicians will know that an old mac is not able to run El Capitan, which can lead in trouble for me.
Is it save for me to let them check my case or can they punish me for calling the support knowing that the machine is not supported anymore (like letting me pay for the support or block my apple id)?
Or will they just say: "You have no support for this Mac anymore, bye."
Btw they never wanted me to charge any fee for the support, not even on the Apple Care phone number.

I hope that someone was in a similar situation and can provide some wisdoms for me.

So long
Chris

MrGame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)
Sorry for the delayed answer, I was in vacation last week. I think I almost tried the most things, even those for hackintosh without any results and I am not able to find any more possible solutions :( . I am really thinking of contacting the Apple, because my Mac Pro can not be used with my account and it seems to be an server issue.
But I am not sure what can happen by contacting them with a MacPro 1.1.

I have also brought Handoff and Continuity support to this mac, so it would be nice to use it.

Cheers
Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.