Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's latest Apple Card promotion provides select Apple Card users with 10 percent total Daily Cash on gas and electric vehicle charging. The bonus can be collected on up to $6,000 worth of gas or charging, for a total reward of $600.

apple-daily-cash-back.jpg

Apple Card holders can pay for gas and charging with Apple Pay, a virtual card number in apps, or the Apple Card in person to get the extra cash back reward.

Apple is offering the promotion through October 5. Details can be found in the Daily Cash hub in the Wallet app for those who are eligible.

Article Link: Apple Card Promo Offers 10% Daily Cash Back on Gas and Electric Vehicle Charging

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Can be used with Costco gas? thats 6% better than Costco credit card cash back..
Costco only accepts Visa credit cards.

So no go.

We are just having this discussion in our family.

For duration of promo we will use gas buddy to compare Costco to local gas stations and then go to cheapest non Costco one to use Apple Card. Should yield 3-5% over Costco rebate.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
The interesting part about this is that it matches the main Chase Freedom and Discover It category for Q3, and doubles it to 10%.

I swear that if Apple made the titanium card competitive by adding rotating categories and/or a daily 3%-5% back at restaurants/grocery stores, then I would consider making it the only card I use. As of now I haven’t even touched the titanium card.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Costco only accepts Visa credit cards.

So no go.

We are just having this discussion in our family.

For duration of promo we will use gas buddy to compare Costco to local gas stations and then go to cheapest non Costco one to use Apple Card. Should yield 3-5% over Costco rebate.

when you find the right gas station do you keep going there or do you check it often and varies where the best place is?

im assuming you factor in time + distance + gas to get there too

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
The interesting part about this is that it matches the main Chase Freedom and Discover It category for Q3, and doubles it to 10%.

I swear that if Apple made the titanium card competitive by adding rotating categories and/or a daily 3%-5% back at restaurants/grocery stores, then I would consider making it the only card I use. As of now I haven’t even touched the titanium card.

they could even add a small annual fee/another tier for some things (primary car insurance, travel rewards, purchase protections, included AppleCare+ on things, extended return windows for apple products) and wouldn't even need another card, just opt into that tier. but its just a disjointed card right now, its great for basic cash back which auto dumps into savings but currently not really anything that amazing outside of no FTF and late payment penalties. they may just have to partner with one of the larger banks to offer more incentives

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Offer details here: https://offers.applecard.apple/travel10percent

*Offer is limited to the select Apple Card account holder who directly received this offer. Valid from September 6, 2023, to October 5, 2023. Earn a total of 10% Daily Cash back on up to $6,000 in total qualifying purchases made with your Apple Card depending on your payment method. Qualifying Gasoline purchases includes those made with Apple Card at gas stations that primarily sell automotive gasoline and diesel fuel that can be purchased at the pump or inside the station. Excluded are purchases of gasoline and diesel fuel at warehouse clubs, supermarkets, superstores, truck stops, boat marinas, wholesale distributors, commercial fuel distributors, and home heating companies....

cjgrif

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
Salisbury, MD
Unfortunately not showing up for me either...it would be too good of a perk lol. It would also give me an excuse to carry the titanium card around for a few weeks, since my usual gas station still doesn't do contactless payments...

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
when you find the right gas station do you keep going there or do you check it often and varies where the best place is?

im assuming you factor in time + distance + gas to get there too
For myself, I only use Costco and name-brand gas. Costco is always the cheapest of those options. Out here, Arco is the cheapest name brand, and it sometimes matches Costco, but not always.

I’m in SoCal, land of high gas prices, fyi.

I’m not at home, but Costco is about 3 miles from my house, and in an area I frequent regardless. For example, I just got gas while I’m waiting for my dog to be groomed.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
For myself, I only use Costco and name-brand gas. Costco is always the cheapest of those options. Out here, Arco is the cheapest name brand, and it sometimes matches Costco, but not always.

I’m in SoCal, land of high gas prices, fyi.

I’m not at home, but Costco is about 3 miles from my house, and in an area I frequent regardless. For example, I just got gas while I’m waiting for my dog to be groomed.

View attachment 2263848

im worried to ask but are those prices... for regular? gulp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.