Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week launched a new Apple Card promotion that will provide customers who sign up for an Apple Card 10 percent Daily Cash back on App Store purchases during the first six months of card ownership.

apple-card-feature2.jpg

The deal is only available to new Apple Card owners approved for an account between 7/11/23 and 7/25/23. After signing up, Apple Card users will get a total of 10 percent Daily Cash back on App Store purchases and other Apple services. Qualifying services include Apple Arcade, Apple Books, Apple Fitness+, Apple Music, Apple News+, Apple One, Apple Podcasts Subscriptions, Apple TV+, Apple TV Channels, iCloud, and AppleCare+.

Daily Cash back will be increased for up to $1,000 in total qualifying purchases, for $100 in maximum cash back. The Apple Card must be associated with the Apple ID used to make the App Store or Apple service purchase, and all digital Apple accounts must also have a zero balance as the Apple Card can't supersede digital credits and gift cards. More information can be found on the Apple Card website.

Apple frequently runs promotions that offer new Apple Card subscribers extra Daily Cash in order to entice them to sign up for an Apple Card. The Apple Card continues to be limited to U.S. users only, and new Apple Card holders will also be eligible to sign up for the accompanying Apple Savings account to earn 4.15 percent interest on Daily Cash and other deposits.

Article Link: Apple Card Promo Offers New Users 10% Cash Back on App Store Purchases

Drew1980

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016

Apple this week launched a new Apple Card promotion that will provide customers who sign up for an Apple Card 10 percent Daily Cash back on App Store purchases during the first six months of card ownership.

apple-card-feature2.jpg

The deal is only available to new Apple Card owners approved for an account between 7/11/23 and 7/25/23. After signing up, Apple Card users will get a total of 10 percent Daily Cash back on App Store purchases and other Apple services. Qualifying services include Apple Arcade, Apple Books, Apple Fitness+, Apple Music, Apple News+, Apple One, Apple Podcasts Subscriptions, Apple TV+, Apple TV Channels, iCloud, and AppleCare+.

Daily Cash back will be increased for up to $1,000 in total qualifying purchases, for $100 in maximum cash back. The Apple Card must be associated with the Apple ID used to make the App Store or Apple service purchase, and all digital Apple accounts must also have a zero balance as the Apple Card can't supersede digital credits and gift cards. More information can be found on the Apple Card website.

Apple frequently runs promotions that offer new Apple Card subscribers extra Daily Cash in order to entice them to sign up for an Apple Card. The Apple Card continues to be limited to U.S. users only, and new Apple Card holders will also be eligible to sign up for the accompanying Apple Savings account to earn 4.15 percent interest on Daily Cash and other deposits.

Article Link: Apple Card Promo Offers New Users 10% Cash Back on App Store Purchases
Grrrrrrrr I just opened my account 1 month ago. Lame!

• Sad
Reactions: CarAnalogy

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I used to buy apps constantly. Was always on MacRumor’s sister sites AppShopper and TouchArcade. I looked through my app history, and the last time I bought any apps were some of the new Safari extensions in autumn 2021.

What apps are people buying in 2023 that do something new or different? Genuinely curious. I feel out of the loop. I think I‘m getting old and busy.

Reactions: cardfan and Luap

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
larry-david-unsure.gif

On the one hand...10% is nice.

On the other hand...it's just software.

Apple needs to start competing on benefits and discounts like chase or the other cards.
At the moment AC's biggest draw is the 3% cash back you can get even when you're doing the installments at an Apple Store. Everything else it offers is kind of meh.

Reactions: crawfish963

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
How about enticing folks with near to 70k$ cash in Apple GS savings acct, paid off home and car, good monthly income by approving credit limit increases to make it worth using he card?

My mom got a 1k$ limit. Her monthly balance on her AMEX is 1500$, she asked for a limit increase to 6k$ so her utilization ratio could be around 25-30%. Fico of 840. Never missed a balance payment in 50 years.

GS increased by 250$. Ridiculous.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
There is really not much benefit to this card outside of Apple Stores. Its even horrible for everyday purchases like a flight ticket or groceries.

Reactions: ddtmm

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
The Apple Card as it stands is a good general card...no late fees, no foreign fees, no annual fee, daily apple cash that can be instantly put into your savings. but everything else is really lame. nothing about purchase protection, no included AppleCare on X purchases, nothing incentivizing hardcore usage.

For example you can get an AmEx HYSA with 4% compounded daily, paid monthly, you can get one of their Personal or Business (as sole proprietor) Blue cards for 1-6% cash back, dump it into savings and have a similar ecosystem. If you have an AmEx card, open an AmEx checking account and get ~1% or 1.5% interest 🤷‍♂️

perhaps if they do move to a financial network such as AmEx, they might be able to offer some better incentives on the AppleCard.

I'd like to see some incentives like AppleCare+ included for certain items or over a certain amount or if you've purchased X amount of things through apple, Apple subscriptions included like iCloud+, Fitness+, AppleTV+
better than 14 day returns on apple products purchased. promotional periods for apple purchases..and that's just inside the ecosystem.

it'd be great to have purchase protection, rental car incentives, airline incentives, hotel & restore incentives...and for the luxury brands that apple is trying to be on par with, some sort of discount or credit to those.

How about enticing folks with near to 70k$ cash in Apple GS savings acct, paid off home and car, good monthly income by approving credit limit increases to make it worth using he card?

My mom got a 1k$ limit. Her monthly balance on her AMEX is 1500$, she asked for a limit increase to 6k$ so her utilization ratio could be around 25-30%. Fico of 840. Never missed a balance payment in 50 years.

this too, my credit score is near perfect, I had a few credit line increases with Apple/GS the first were very minor, but now it increased by 20K. its a nice everyday card and easy to see transactions immediately (but I noticed my AmEx cards do this now too, as long as their in Wallet).

GS just doesn't understand consumer banking I think, im not sure if their system properly measures parameters meant for consumers vs business or other factors. I've seen people that have **** credit scores get high credit limits and those with great to perfect get denied all together for the card. like what??

what kind of AmEx card does she use?

Reactions: Christopher Kim

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2017
What apps are people buying in 2023 that do something new or different? Genuinely curious. I feel out of the loop. I think I‘m getting old and busy.
I bought the time travel app and the teleporter. :)

Seriously, I bought the newest version of Affinity's stuff. Really like them and their model.

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2017
She transferred $70,000 into a new Apple High Yield Savings account in the two or so months since they offered it? Wow.
How much does she charge on it each month? What is the limit on her AmEx? How many cards does she have? Does she show balances each month (even if she is not paying interest)? What is her reported income? Most issuers care more about income than about cash in an account. Certainly it would take more than a few months of cash in an account for them to even consider it as meaningful.

My understanding is the best way to get increases is to use the card to the limit, pay it off, do it again, several times in the month, but ensure that it never reports a balance.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Very nice deal. Too bad existing customers aren’t eligible.

I had hoped companies had gotten the message about this. AT&T has even used it in marketing lately. If even AT&T thinks there is money to be made by giving existing customers incentives (and that is the only reason they would do it) maybe Apple should too.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
I used to buy apps constantly. Was always on MacRumor’s sister sites AppShopper and TouchArcade. I looked through my app history, and the last time I bought any apps were some of the new Safari extensions in autumn 2021.

That, and the app store is basically mature now. I remember going through this as a Windows admin ten years ago. When was the last time someone made something exciting for Windows? Even now. We seem to have largely reached the limits of what smartphone software with the current hardware can do.

To answer the question, personally it’s just better versions of the same old apps I always bought. Overcast, Calm, Drafts, etc but now of course those are all subscriptions which is the other thing. There are no more apps really, only services.

Reactions: macduke

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas

30k credit limit, $0 balance and never paid interest on this card. Got a $500 limit increase this week. Makes zero sense.

Rygaard

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Denmark
But TBH i want it because it looks cool, the use case in Denmark and most of EU is small.

"
Is Apple Card working in Europe?
In general it will work just fine anywhere Mastercard is accepted. These kiosks often require an authenticating PIN which the AppleCard - and most U.S. credit cards - does not have.
"

My genneral experience is that more places accept visa than mastercard in Europe (not talking big stores where they have tourists, but your locak bakery / kiosk) - i could be wrong, blinded my my Noweigan Bank VISA - and it works with Garmin PAY (yes my apple watch is in my drawer i got tired of having to charget it every day, and switched to garmin 2 years ago) where i have 0 Fees, up to 45 days credit up to 10K USD, and 2% on any mony i have in savings from day 1.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Subscriptions, in app purchases probably.

Ahh yes, I forget about the services. Would be useful for Disney+. I don’t have much else, I pay for a RadarScope Pro subscription because I’m a weather nerd.

I bought the time travel app and the teleporter. :)

Seriously, I bought the newest version of Affinity's stuff. Really like them and their model.

And that’s the other I forgot about, the Mac Apps. I don’t do much design anymore, they’re charging for an update? Interesting. My work pays for Creative Cloud so I just make due because it’s free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.