Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2017
How often are you buying stuff from the Apple Store. I upgrade my Apple devices every 5 to 7 years.
Well, I upgrade my iPhone most years, my Apple Watch every other cycle on average, my iPad every two years. I pay for an Apple One Family Play, as well as other subscriptions. I also get cables chargers, new Mac systems, and more.

Reactions: tooloud10

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
AT&T has stiff competition from other carriers so they have to retain customers as it's their only business. I don't really see Apple as competing against anyone else including banks here. Apple Pay is kind of like Apple TV+ and a few other services. It's a loss leader so they don't make much money from it. And there are no other tech companies offering a credit card and savings account. All banks offer a terrible customer experience which is why they are forced to sweeten the incentives so customers don't walk across the street to a competing bank. I don't see anyone leaving Apple Card just to get an extra 1% cashback or some buyer protection from a lousy bank.

Well just like Apple it’s not their only business, they like to wet their beak in everything. But I see your point. Unfortunate that the credit card situation is the way it is.

bunce66

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
All the Apple Card promotions are for new sign-ups. It's really infuriating and unfair. Why did I sign up for this early on when I could have just waited years and gotten all these discounts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.