Apple Card Rolling Out Today to Limited Number of Customers

BlueCreek

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2014
Hopefully it will come to the U.K at some point, when i travel to the U.S it would be nice to have a card that doesn't charge international fees.
Just get a Halifax Clarity Card, there’s also others with zero fees.
Halifax charge the exchange rate at the time of the transaction and charge no fees.

Reactions: Dave245

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
"Why is everyone so excited about a credit card?" asks the MacRumors user.

And lastly, the titanium card is a pretty appealing part of the deal too. Sure, it's gimmicky, but seeing as how metal cards are fairly rare, this is just one more way to make the Apple Card feel unique and have that Apple-premium quality to it.
I am in agreement with you except for metal cards being rare... most of my credit cards are metal.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2015
I signed up too when they offered it within an hour I’m guessing. No invite email.

Probably editors jumping the gun as they often do. Believe it when I see it.

Reactions: zaneliu

phillytim

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Reactions: iMi

LS3 POWER

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I signed up too when they offered it within an hour I’m guessing. No invite email.

Probably editors jumping the gun as they often do. Believe it when I see it.
Same here, within minutes of it going live to sign up to be notified I enrolled, and I did not get a email, so that sucks lol. I was hoping for the email.

JohnApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2014
Metal cards are rare? lol - Here's 21, right off the bat: https://www.creditcardinsider.com/blog/metal-credit-cards/
I meant in the wild. I personally haven’t seen any, and I don’t know anybody that has one. Though I suppose that’s anecdotal since apparently everyone here has one already lol.

But anyway, I took a quick glance at those 21 cards and it seems the majority have an annual fee, whereas Apple Card does not. So I’ll amend my statement to “Free metal cards are fairly rare.”

Last edited:

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
One thing I'm still unsure about, does this card offer virtual disposable numbers or not?
Yes, that’s the extra security of this card and why the physical card does not have a number on it. All transactions are via virtual card number. Just like when you use Apple Pay with a card in your wallet today, the card number is not the same as the one on the actual card if you swiped or used it via chip.

Romeo_Nightfall

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2018
Vienna
why not being cheered up about all the banking start ups?
why must it be an apple card - from an already huge wealthy company ???

SuprPwrUsr

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2019
I'm not vexed, its more about curiosity. Being a forum, I guess I'm permitted ask that.
I get it, it's a credit card but at the same time, it's a new product category blessed by Apple and they're known to shake up the game whenever they enter a product category. This is the first new product since the apple watch and ipad before that. So yes, I think it IS a big deal even if "it's just a credit card" and that they're better alternatives.

Reactions: the johnmc

Braderunner

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
Why is everyone so excited about a credit card? I don't get it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
iKnow! This isn't the first card to offer rewards, or cash back. There are other cards that have better rewards. This isn't even the first card made of metal.
Yes, it does have a decent rewards program. Not mind blowing. But, this excitement level...o_O
Also, applying for the card will cause your credit score to drop. Even if you're approved.
To those who disagree...you're absolutely right!

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I have a capital one venture card which I use to make all of my purchases and pay of any bills which take credit card. I pay the card off every single month so I've never paid them a single penny in interest.... I get 2x points on every purchase I make, right now I have 317k points which equates to $3,170... once that gets to $4,000 I plan on using it to take a nice free vacation.
I said this before. But some ppl like me with great credit. Would laugh at this Apple card. Cause we could get much better offers from another bank. But some ppl don’t qualify for reward credit cards. They may qualify for this. I think in that case. The Apple card is geared towards them.

fokmik

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Im waiting for mine, and i guess it has a bonus Sept-November situation...for every apple product bought from any apple store or retailer you get up to 6% back

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
iKnow! This isn't the first card to offer rewards, or cash back. There are other cards that have better rewards. This isn't even the first card made of metal.
It’s like the majority of Apple products, isn’t it? Not first to market. Doesn’t have the best “specs”.

It’s just Apple taking something that already exists and putting their ideas into what could make it overall a better experience for some. That excites some people.

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Pass. There is no compelling reason for me to bite on the :apple:Card, as my Citi DoubleCash card (which is a MasterCard WorldElite card) gives me 2% cash back for *everything*.
You think people are only getting it because of the cashback? Which is SOOO much better on your card? There’s more reasons than that.

Reactions: tomwhom