Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
The PNW
Wow, as a person that experienced two extremely minor earthquakes in my life (east coast). This is crazy to me.
It's just kinda one of those things you're used to. Your house jiggles a little and you're like, hmm earthquake then you go about your day. Something falls off a shelf or a tree topples, that's when you're like oh dang, that was an earthquake!
[doublepost=1516314045][/doublepost]
Why not. AWS has some killer deals on storage and a good record of being reliable. Companies, even as big as Apple, need to pick their core competencies and focus on those. Outsource the rest of the stuff, and stay focused.
[doublepost=1516299815][/doublepost]

Me too. Nice little town. If only it did not snow there in the winter. Coming from the SF Bay Area that might be too much of a shock. Also, Nevada has high property taxes that seem to rise ever year, and I am not used to that.
Yeah, but there's no state income tax. That's nice :)

uneeko1ne

Suspended
Dec 16, 2017
Reno,Nv
I do like Reno. Have family in Sparks and VA City. My daughter attends UNR.
Honestly if I was planning on moving, Reno would be on my list of places to consider.
I lived in Reno for 10 years its a nice play but id never wanna live there again, way to much crime for a small little city and prices are really on the uprise.. but I do miss the entertainment and buffets and having things open 24 hours

Reactions: PlayUltimate

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
The PNW
I lived in Reno for 10 years its a nice play but id never wanna live there again, way to much crime for a small little city and prices are really on the uprise.. but I do miss the entertainment and buffets and having things open 24 hours
Sounds more like Vegas than Reno? Very, very few things are 24 hours and the crime rate is fairly low

tennisproha

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2011
Texas
Your appear to be implying that Apple have a "patriotic" investment strategy. Apple's strategy is no different to any other multinational. If it's cheaper here, they'll build it here. If it's cheaper there, they'll build it there. With added publicity given where it's politically expedient, hence the photocall.
I know. My response was a quip to the other comment that implied what you say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.