Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
This much money is screw you money. They'll never spend it all. They just like to rub in our faces that while the average income is 50k for a household, they can make that much in a few hours.

Silly.

Reactions: AleXXXa

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Meanwhile, Apple Store retail employees, who puts up with the most crap of anyone in the whole company, makes $16 per hour in San Francisco.
EXCUSE ME??? This forum alone attacks Tim Cook and Apple "as a company" 90% of the time. Nobody here hardly attacks the employees. Not only does Tim Cook have to be responsible for major decisions that affect the whole company and stock value, but he also has to take abuse from the public. The employees aren't putting up with any "Crap". They have a job that they are not entitled to, but rather should be grateful for having.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
By the way, the layout of Apple stores since she has been hired I would argue have been for the worse.. Products are all over the place now. Some iPads on are on a table, the iPad Pros are on a back wall, watches are in the middle with literally nobody standing around them.. What exactly has she brought to the table here of value? I don't see it.

Thats just merchandising 101 from the Ivy League, they want you to walk around the store and fall in love. Why do you think women clothes have such goofy sizes and have to be tried on. Or why they are spread all over the store.

Rafagon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
I wouldn't normally say this about CEO compensation, but Tim actually seems like he's underpaid. Clearly he's bringing tremendous value to the company, which continues to be the largest (by market cap) and most profitable of any industry on the planet. Some CEOs get paid a LOT more than this, for doing highly questionable and even downright evil things. I wouldn't put Apple in that category, no matter what you want to say about Chinese labor, blah blah blah.

GIVE TIM A RAISE! Or at least more stock!
Don't feel so sorry for him just yet. I'm sure there's other compensation that he doesn't have to list there because of some loophole.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
I'm begging you -- please tell me how Ahrendts is worth $100 million in two years.

Seriously. I really want to know.

I'd really like to see a return-on-investment calculation.

It's not even like she's sleeping with Tim Cook. She must be doing something.

Or is it a case of infinite pile of cash meets infinite nauseating greed?

Last edited:

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Well done Cook, you release slightly different versions of the same product every year, and earn 10 mil, not bad.
Right and meanwhile, the SF 49ers coach was FIRED yesterday after just one season and they paid him $10.5 million to leave. Between the ex-49ers coach and Tim Cook, at least one of them gets paid for working, the other gets paid for being fired. Please don't crap on Tim Cook.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
$16... in San Fran...? That's not high at all. That's approximately $32,000 gross/yr ($27,200/yr after taxes) assuming you work 40 hours/wk and take approximately 2 weeks off each year for PTO/Vacation. The fact that you think $16/hr is a lot is scary.
True, especially with the costs to rent the most basic apartment in SF. $16/hr barely rents a room.

Reactions: jimthing

wesleypitts

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
You are aware she was hired away from Burberry as their CEO right? She took them in 7 years from a $2B business to a $7B business and absolutely transformed their brand. She's a retail genius. She's done and amazing job with Apple retail and the new store designs she's pushing are amazing. Best $50M Apple has ever spent. Jeff Williams is in position to take over as Apple CEO were something to happen to Tim, but I wouldn't mind it to be her instead. She's the visionary leader that crazy loon Hilary Clinton could only dream about being.

LOL. That was hilarious. At first I thought you were serious.

Reactions: AleXXXa

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Last year, with stock awards and hiring bonuses, Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts earned $73 million, but in 2015, her compensation was $25.8 million, in line with other Apple executives, all of whom received $20 million in stock awards and $4 million in non-equity incentive compensation in addition to their $1 million salaries.

This makes no sense. Did she earn $73 million or $25.8 million in 2015?

blueorange38

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2016
So if my math is correct, calendar Q4 2015 is about $900m short of guidance set by Apple during last earnings announcement. Anyone else able to come up with that?

appledefenceforce

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2015
I can't be the only one who thinks there should be some change in Apple. IMO Cook, Ive, and Cue need to be out and replaced to see what fresh, new, and motivated people can bring to the table.

You mean people who will spend billions of dollars on moonshot projects just to make the online 15 year olds spasm in happiness?
[doublepost=1452126630][/doublepost]Isn't it funny that online people on this forum think Apple should replace Tim Cook, while the man is the guy who literally brought Apple to new highs. Any company in the tech industry would kill to have his "failures", or him as a CEO.

But oh well, ignorance is bliss.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Do people get an Apple retail (or any retail for that matter) job expecting it to be their only source of income?
Uh yeah. What Planet Are You On? :D
Let's see, kids 18-25. Adults 25-50+. Anyone that needs to make a living of some sort. Also many people start from the bottom as a retail associate, then move up to store management, then possibly up to district management. You do realize there are many people of all ages (including seniors) that work full time at McDonalds right?
You sound like people have choices. Not always. Most of the time they don't. It's not easy to get a job nowadays. You don't just walk in and get hired. Multiple interviews, background checks. Also, jobs have to have openings too. Why am I telling you things I'm sure you already know?

USAntigoon

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Rochester Hills, MI
I can't be the only one who thinks there should be some change in Apple. IMO Cook, Ive, and Cue need to be out and replaced to see what fresh, new, and motivated people can bring to the table.
I agree, Apple is missing the "spark", the "outside the box" innovation, groundbreaking applications and indeed last but not least a reborn respect for the Video and Photography Professional world with their current and future needs..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.