Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Maybe these are actually the Apple glasses, just in the bulky, expensive, early prototype form, and 20 years from now the Apple Vision Pro will just be a pair of 500 dollar ray bans.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
1725-tim-cook-1-reuters.jpg

missingar

Suspended
Jun 22, 2023
A bit bold to say that Apple is solidifying its reputation in gaming via the iPhone 15. I think the impact on gamers is minute. How about making MacOS more gamer friendly?
Game Mode automatically prioritizes the performance of your game for smoother, more consistent frame rates and improved in-game responsiveness.

Game Mode optimizes your gaming experience by giving your game the highest priority access to your CPU and GPU, lowering usage for background tasks. And it doubles the Bluetooth sampling rate, which reduces input latency and audio latency for wireless accessories like game controllers and AirPods.
It’s a step

Reactions: mjs916

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
"yes you see, every night I put my vision pro on and fap over some juicy apples, perfect night routine really. I believe it'll become a necessity soon. the feelings are just so much better "

• Wow
Reactions: gusmula

novagamer

macrumors regular
May 13, 2006
The Apple Vision Pro is definitely getting upgraded to an M3 chip with Ray Tracing.
Doubt it, but maybe.

Apple is getting serious about gaming, but the Vision Pro team was silo'd off from those efforts and their lead hates gaming. The developer sessions for the Vision Pro state that fast paced games are out of the question due to latency with hand tracking in VR mode, and no controller support.

I fully expect a 2nd Gen Vision Pro will embrace gaming and be the forcing function which causes a lot of early adopters to upgrade, probably in late 2026 or early 2027. 1st gen is going to establish spatial computing as a paradigm and be primarily used for content consumption and maybe occasionally second screen stuff with a Mac as a novelty (given how heavy the headset is I doubt people will spent 8 hours a day in it).

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
A bit bold to say that Apple is solidifying its reputation in gaming via the iPhone 15. I think the impact on gamers is minute. How about making MacOS more gamer friendly? Last time I tried to game on it I couldn’t natively turn off cursor acceleration and had to download third party solutions to do it, which kept breaking with every OS update.

Why is gaming a make-it-or-break-it deal for the Mac? There are dedicated consoles for die-hard gamers. Bringing gaming to the Mac is not solving anything, and Apple's mission is to solve issues (such as consumer-friendliness) and advance technology forward, not just do what everybody else is doing.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
The vast majority of employees at every tech company around the world is gonna buy one, that's around 5 million orders just by itself. Add the Apple faithful, general tech enthusiasts, that's about another 10 million orders. The problem I see is Apple meeting demand. Lets say its a hit at that point, you will start seeing pilot programs in businesses for WFH users utilizing, probably another solid 2 to 5 million right there.

Reactions: matrix07

NightfallOrchid

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2019
I think it’s astounding that there are people who believe VR won’t matter… Maybe it won’t be the 1st generation Vision Pro, maybe not at this price point, but betting against VR in the long term is really shortsighted…
Besides, it’s a good idea for Apple to explore potential future technologies, even if there’s a risk that they’ll fail. Resting on their laurels, on the premise that smart phones, of the kind and in the form factor that they exist right now, will be a thing until the end of times, would be suicidal. Better to invest in new developments now, rather than when it’s too late.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
When was the last time you went "Aha!" and spent $3500?

I call BS on Tim. BTW i'm the biggest apple fan here and i am doubt of this product.

NightfallOrchid

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2019
Why is gaming a make-it-or-break-it deal for the Mac? There are dedicated consoles for die-hard gamers. Bringing gaming to the Mac is not solving anything, and Apple's mission is to solve issues (such as consumer-friendliness) and advance technology forward, not just do what everybody else is doing.
While gaming might not be a dealbreaker, it’s definitely a good idea to try and eliminate one of the glaring disadvantages of MacOS vs. Windows. It can only help to further the general acceptance of the platform.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Still not a single apple product under his guidance that brought us pure joy and excitement. Great CEO on the other hand for shareholders and keeping Apple as Apple as possible.

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Surprised so many, especially on this forum are down on the product. We, or at least I, complain about Apple's lack of innovation and this is a start in the right direction.

Understandable people are concerned with it being under powered but let's see what its like when it's released and see if this grows into something.

I'll take this over a new camera for an iphone every year.

Last edited:

NightfallOrchid

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2019
Still not a single apple product under his guidance that brought us pure joy and excitement. Great CEO on the other hand for shareholders and keeping Apple as Apple as possible.
Well, I certainly do enjoy my Airpods and my Apple Watch. Also, just a friendly reminder that Apple shareholders and Apple users are not two completely different species, right now it costs exactly 171.21 USD to become an Apple shareholder…

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Just too expensive for it to be widely accepted.
To be fair they said the same thing about the iPhone, but I get your point. I think it's a slow adoption strategy. The issue I have with it is that it's so inhuman and isolating, which is very un-apple. I would never wear this unless I was by myself. I guess that's what happens when your only emotional relationships are with a machine, like Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.