Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
But this realistic scenario lacks the "creativity" of a conspiracy theory.
[doublepost=1472260387][/doublepost]
Reality speaks for itself. These sales quite likely have nothing to do with how the company is doing or anything related to that at all, as has been pointed out a number of times. As for Tim knowing something, even insiders don't know what the future holds (a getting rid of Jobs and then getting him back would demonstrate, among many many other examples of all kinds of things going different ways and people losing money here and there based on their "guesses").

You have your version of reality , does not mean it's the same as mine. Though many do believe they have policing rights .... Enjoy the POV that makes you happy

Reactions: radiology

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You have your version of reality , does not mean it's the same as mine. Though many do believe they have policing rights .... Enjoy the POV that makes you happy
Reality doesn't really have versions, just basically people who take it as what it is and those who come up with their own takes on it.

Reactions: tentales

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Seems like he's dumping shares and or he's making a lot of money.

Selling shares is normal. He still has a lot of them.
The money he's making is nothing compared to what Apple is doing. Seems fair.

There's executives who make more money creating little to no value to shareholders.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
If you want to accuse Tim Cook of the crime of insider trading, why not just have the guts to do so, in just so many words. I'd strongly suspect C DM and bigjohn are correct, and these trades are scheduled far in advance by a financial advisor. Because Mr. Cook would have far too much to lose by commiting the crime you're not-quite-accusing him of. If you want to think he's evil, well, no amount of rational discussion is likely to dissuade you of that notion, but surely you don't think think Mr. Cook is foolish enough to engage in such an obvious and transparent crime (knowing full well that detractors would be looking for evidence of such).

Nope. I've only accused him of not rocking the boat , and playing politician and everyone mate instead of focusing on product development which has stagnated .

Just cause you have inside info does not mean you are guilty of insider trading....

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I don't see anything wrong with this news. You go to ATM and get some money. Tim went to stock market and get his money. You and I are paid in cash, but he is paid by stocks.
Not quite. When did you last withdraw your life savings from an ATM?

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
If he's confident with his product, then he should wait before selling his stocks. We only have less a than a month before a new iPhone comes out. It really shows that Tim doesn't have confidence in his product.

Reactions: Demo Kit

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
This thread is very informative....mostly of all the people somehow making this like Cook is jumping ship when clearly that would be insider trading

Reactions: IJ Reilly

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If he's confident with his product, then he should wait before selling his stocks. We only have less a than a month before a new iPhone comes out. It really shows that Tim doesn't have confidence in his product.
Making things up doesn't make them real. Good amount of actual information is already present in this thread in various posts like https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...han-35m-in-stock.1990021/page-3#post-23288330 and/or https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...han-35m-in-stock.1990021/page-3#post-23288332 for example.

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
Not really sure knowing new iPhones are released in sept is considered insider trading. It's only been 7-8 years in a row. My 13 year old has been telling me sept all year. Heck most sites are even posting which week it will come out. It's Just bad timing. Bad timing whether planned or not planned is still bad timing.

Reactions: Col4bin

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Well you can't take it to the grave nor is he getting any younger. Plus, it's not like he sold more than half his shares or anything. This means nothing to Apple's overall bottom line or its future.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Wow! A bunch of high profile people (including the CEO) unloading their stocks cannot be a coincidence. They know the company's value is overestimated and that the future is not bright for Apple. If I was on the board I would try to get rid of Tim sooner than later.

overestimated value? oh man you guys are all so clueless. you don't even know what a P/E ratio is...

don't quit your day jobs. oh, and DOOOOMED

Reactions: myscrnnm

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
Lucky you noticed this! Warren buffet just increased his position in Apple a couple do weeks back. It's not too late to call him and let him know what you discovered!!
Buffet is doing a rich mans pump and dump scheme.

Reactions: radiology

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
You guys realize that when a CEO, or any other insider, sells stock they can't just hit sell button, right? its illegal for CEOs to sell based on non-public information. So sales are typically done according to a trading plan filed well in advance with the SEC.

You'd think company as large as Apple has plan for next few years right? Apple doesn't just design iPhone 6 and have no idea what coming next year right?

Tim Cook probably know the road map and design for next few iPhones. He knows what iPhone 7 will looks like well before iPhone 6S even announced. He probably feel iPhone 7 gonna be flop.

Reactions: autrefois

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You'd think company as large as Apple has plan for next few years right? Apple doesn't just design iPhone 6 and have no idea what coming next year right?

Tim Cook probably know the road map and design for next few iPhones. He knows what iPhone 7 will looks like well before iPhone 6S even announced. He probably feel iPhone 7 gonna be flop.
And that still doesn't have anything to do with financially related sales to cover taxes or sell vested commodities on a schedule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.