Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook will appear on CNBC's Mad Money this evening, where he will speak with host Jim Cramer. According to a tweet from the Mad Money Twitter account, Cook will talk about the future of Apple, China, iPhone sales, and more while on the show.

timcookmadmoney2017-800x450.jpg
EXCLUSIVE: Apple CEO Tim Cook discusses the iPhone, China & more with @JimCramer.Full interview airs on @MadMoneyonCNBC tonight at 6pm ET. pic.twitter.com/dkYOP6SKpp - CNBC (@CNBC) May 3, 2017
Cook has made an interview with Jim Cramer an annual affair, having appeared on the show in March of 2015 and May of 2016. Last year, Cook spoke about Apple's revenue decline, acquisitions, the company's future plans, and China.

Mad Money will air at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time or 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook to Speak With Jim Cramer on CNBC's Mad Money Tonight

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Mega stuttering bbbbbbbbbboooyah to you Tim, thanks for the years of great returns.

calzon65

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
An Apple love fest will incur, nothing hard hitting like ... don't you think having 63% of your revenues tied to a single product is risky for your shareholders.

Nope, it's going to be a feel good piece letting Tim say Apple supports a variety of personal lifestyles, creating power from algae, and a bunch of nonsense like that.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
If you have nothing to tell, don't say anything...

I mean, at least he let us know that the Mac Pro is about to get its deserved attention again, the display is coming back etc...

However, since I really doubt anything of substance will be shared tonight I'd rather him not do this talk...

One thing that I liked about ... am I allowed to say his name? ... Steve Jobs... is that he simply stood shut when there was nothing interesting to say or reveal at that time.

I know now that they are trying to get to good terms with the pros again, I know that the inevitable iPhone release will come this fall, that some Macs will see a refresh this Fall...

Anything that isn't an announcement has already been said.

Then again, if he does surprise me, I'm super happy with that, but going by the track record it will be more of the same.

Let's see...

Glassed Silver:mac

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
If you have nothing to tell, don't say anything...

I mean, at least he let us know that the Mac Pro is about to get its deserved attention again, the display is coming back etc...

However, since I really doubt anything of substance will be shared tonight I'd rather him not do this talk...

One thing that I liked about ... am I allowed to say his name? ... Steve Jobs... is that he simply stood shut when there was nothing interesting to say or reveal at that time.

I know now that they are trying to get to good terms with the pros again, I know that the inevitable iPhone release will come this fall, that some Macs will see a refresh this Fall...

Anything that isn't an announcement has already been said.

Then again, if he does surprise me, I'm super happy with that, but going by the track record it will be more of the same.

Let's see...

Glassed Silver:mac

I think that was the old view - if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.

Today's view is - say something that amounts to nothing just so you keep yourself out there. Kinda like the Kardashians.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
As an investor, it's difficult to complain about AAPL.

Agree it's been a decent investment over the past 5 years -- obviously not as great as the 10 before that.

That said, at least from my perch as an Apple enthusiast too, I see Apple leaving a lot of $ on the table. Apple is a huge company now but it behaves like it has a tiny staff able to only do one or two things at a time. The iPad line has absolutely been allowed to go to seed. Mac is holding its own despite of obvious neglect and half-assed updates. Production issues hamper sales of iPhones and AirPods. Apple seems to do well in spite of it's leadership because of the products Jobs left them.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Hey folks! Remember how yesterday after the earnings release was made in the aftermarket how Apple dropped 2%? Well the real markets have Apple down 0.4% today.

Reactions: c1phers

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Come-on guys, don't give away all his script on what he is going to say.

Urban Joe

Suspended
Mar 19, 2012
More interested if he just resignes or gets fired... Apple need fresh ideas and leadership.

He will be around until all his stock options vest and then probably a little longer. He's making a crap ton of money so until people realize that Apple isn't innovating anymore this SJW, Ballmer-esque greedy miser will remain. He's all about the money and the rest is just a bunch of smoke and hot air. Apple did not become Apple under this type of leadership. I deeply miss what Apple USED to be.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
Jim Cramer, the same guy that urged everyone to buy Investment Bank stocks right before all the investment banks went bankrupt.

It amazes me that CNBC still employs this tool. It just shows me that CNBC has nothing worth watching.

Reactions: Gudi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.