Apple CEO Tim Cook to Talk AirPods, Other New Products on Good Morning America Tomorrow

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook will appear on Good Morning America tomorrow, for what the show is calling a "wide-ranging and exclusive interview" with Robin Roberts at a school in Harlem in New York City.

In a minute long teaser clip shared on the Good Morning America Twitter account, Cook was asked about Apple's upcoming AirPods, where he alleviated fears that they're going to be easy to lose or will fall out of the ear.

Cook says AirPods will be kept safe in the dedicated battery case and because there are no wires, there's nothing to pull them out of the ear. "I have never personally had one fall out since I've been using it," he said. "They're absolutely magical." He went on to explain that he's used them on the treadmill and when dancing, all without incident.

WATCH: @Apple CEO @tim_cook dismisses concerns new AirPods may fall out, become easily lost: https://t.co/95UoiWYE4F pic.twitter.com/AfiLoxy8TU - Good Morning America (@GMA) September 13, 2016
Good Morning America didn't share details on other topics Cook will speak on, but given the recent announcement of the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus and the launch of iOS 10, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10, we can expect to hear his views on those products.

Good Morning America's interview with Tim Cook will air on Wednesday, September 14, from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Article Link: Apple CEO Tim Cook to Talk AirPods, Other New Products on Good Morning America Tomorrow

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
I'm really surprised they didn't include a feature where you can ping your air pods like how you ping your phone from the apple watch? or is there?

Reactions: Neurotoxicguitar

PsykX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
Will AirPods come with the iPhone 8 or will they come with more dongles?
Just this alone would make the iPhone 8 worth it. A $159 accessory that comes right into your iPhone box :)

Although I've always been a little concerned about wireless vs health...

mistasopz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
"I have never personally had one fall out since I've been using it," he said. "They're absolutely magical." He went on to explain that he's used them on the treadmill and when dancing...
:rolleyes: oh brother. Here we go with the magical mumbo jumbo. Give it a rest Timmy. And I'm sure you were dancing with these pods in your ears. Maybe dancing all the way to the bank is more like it.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I'm really surprised they didn't include a feature where you can ping your air pods like how you ping your phone from the apple watch? or is there?
This may be added. Remember, they're still working on these.

The people who received a pair to review were essentially testing a beta product.