Apple.com /Apple Store app iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order and Dispatch thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

19 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

60 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. iPhone X

1,527 vote(s)
    96.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I will pass getting anywhere near an Apple store on the day or weekend after introduction.

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

This was the most painless pre-order I've ever experienced. I was able to set the entire order, including the credit check, on the app beforehand so all I had to do was confirm shipping information.

256 8+ Space Gray. 3:06AM EST. Store pick up on the 22nd (Apple Upgrade Program. Trade in required).

3. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

looks like if you got your order in the first 10 mins you got your launch day delivery

4. Bentox, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

Bentox macrumors member

Bentox

- I got my order confirmation for the iPhone 8, AT&T, Space Gray 256GB at 3:03AM, EST.
    - At 5:01 I got an email about a credit authorization problem.
    - Called my credit card company at 6:03, re-authorized the transaction on the Apple 'Orders' page at 6:07, and got the confirmation that it went through a-ok at 6:13.
    - Delivery date is still 9/22

5. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

i dont think yiu would lose your spot for a credit issue this early inthe proces.

hey op: can we have a sticky on this tread?

6. Seth Matthews macrumors regular

Seth Matthews

You'll be fine. Same thing happened to me last year. Didn't change my shipping date and I had it launch morning. You're good!

7. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I was able to successfully preorder for myself and several family members, but for my girlfriend I couldn't. She has the Apple Upgrade Program, and when I got to the page where I had to enter her carrier information, I got this error message: "The phone number you entered cannot be upgraded. This may be due to a feature, line, or device change pending on your account. Please contact Verizon at 1-888-866-6924 for more information."

I have confirmed with both Verizon and Apple that she is eligible for an upgrade. Has anyone else received such an error message? I'm completely stuck.

8. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Any IUP orders getting billed only for one payment (normal payment) and not for the combined (correct) first payment of 'one payment plus sales tax for whole phone'? I have one upgrade 8 plus and one new 8 IUP and both billed me one payment.

ISTR this happened last year and Citizens corrected it later?

9. Bentox macrumors member

Bentox

Great to hear! My last go-around was with my current iPhone 6, so it's been a while. Thanks!

10. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This was definitely the smoothest pre-order in years, I’m guessing due to the fact that lots of people are waiting for the X and the 8/+ didn’t have any components that were in short supply. Almost five hours later and you can still get lots of configurations for launch day delivery. Lovely!

And...SIM free versions were finally available at launch. Absolutely wonderful!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017 ---
    Not dumb at all. I always sell my one-year old phone to offset some of the costs. This year with the price increase, I’ll likely come out of pocket about $300 net to move from my 7+ to the 8+ I just preordered.

For me, it’s a splurge. Splurges don’t have to make sense. ;)

We probably all know people who can blow $300 in a few weekends of partying. So in the grand scheme of things, it’s not even a big splurge.

11. WSPAN1C macrumors newbie

Did anyone get a sept 22 delivery date for the sim free version?

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Depending on what color and size. But I ordered a sim-free model, 256 GB SG for 9/22/17 Delivery.

13. sicariis macrumors member

I got a 9/22 delivery date for an 8+ 64GB SG Sim Free model. Order Confirmation at 3:04AM EDT.

14. americanguy macrumors newbie

Same on German Apple Store

15. CashmereEsquire macrumors regular

Same. I think everyone is waiting on the X because this was too easy imo

16. WSPAN1C macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info I must have been a few minutes late. Sept 25-Oct 2 ETA.

17. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I did. 64 8+ in gold. I got in the store at 3:03EST and was out two minutes later with a confirmation email.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017 ---
    My guess is that there’s a chance you’ll get it on launch day. What time did you get your confirmation email?

18. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Not everybody lives close to an Apple store. Also, stopping at the store on launch day is pointless when you can preorder and have it delivered.

19. WSPAN1C macrumors newbie

Received confirmation at 3:08EST I hope it does.

20. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

At 3:08, I’m betting you were just barely outside of whatever pre-established window they set for 9/22 shipments. They typically overestimate so I like your chances. Good luck!

21. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

If I say do a pre-order with sprint but its with a trade-in and the stock is delayed a couple of weeks, how would they handle that? You just use your phone in the meantime and hope it doesn't crack?

22. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

I'm with you on this. I want to see how facial recognition works "in the wild", and it is refined a bit more. Also, from a personal preference, I don't like the aesthetics of "bezelless" edge to edge screens.

23. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

I've tried several bezel-less phones from Android. It really is beautiful. The only thing is how they implement the sensation of your hand gripping the phone. Would hate for the screen area to be jumping around just from your gripping hand. The Android phones have zero issue with that. I'm expecting Apple to have implemented that perfectly.

24. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Same here. I was prepared to get the X before the presentation. But I’m not convinced that FaceID, as it’s implemented now, is a better solution than TouchID. Add to that the unintuitive gestures, no Reachability, the notch, and the ability to get most of the same specs for $200 less made the X a no-go for me. Maybe next year.

25. Fummijen macrumors member

Fummijen

Pre-Order through Apple App on my phone.

8+ 256GB Silver
    SIM free, unlocked
    Delivery on 22 September 2017

~6:30am CST US time.
    Confirmation email received.
    Buying outright.

fingers crossed no date slipping this year