Apple.com iPhone 4S order cancelled!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Voski, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Voski macrumors member

I just went to check my order status and it says my order is cancelled! It says it was cancelled today but I never did that. I didn't get any emails from apple saying my order was cancelled. Did this happen to anyone else??

2. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Some people were posting about this yesterday. Seems to be an issue of AT&T canceling it on their end.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Mine is still "preparing shipment" and I ordered Friday, @1:30am-2:00am...:mad:

4. JohnMKeynes macrumors member

Happened to me as well. Reason was because I needed to re-verify my identity even though I've been with At&t for more than two years. I wish one day carriers and phone makers would be broken up and become heavily regulated. At&t is one of the worst inept companies I've ever come across.

5. Voski thread starter macrumors member

So were you able to get it resolved? By the time I noticed it was to late to call Apple...

6. JohnMKeynes macrumors member

No. They can do another order but there's no way to bring back the canceled order back to life. F you At&t. Also for you all you stupid Ron Paul supporters, this is why oligopolies need to be heavily regulated. If we could actually separate the anti-competitive practices done by telecoms and phone manufacturers, we would not have to suffer from this horribly business practice.

7. Voski thread starter macrumors member

Wow I am gonna be pissed if they tell me I am not getting it this Friday...

8. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

I ordered from Apple and I'm AT&T; my order hasn't shipped yet do you think it'll be cancelled?

9. mb2008 macrumors regular

How old are you? Because GTE and the old Bells were worse....imagine 3 weeks to get a phone and having to rent it.

Trust me, the old monopolies didn't work any better. Except for Bell Labs, maybe.

10. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

if my order gets cancelled i am going to freak out.

11. UTeach macrumors newbie

Is this only happening with AT&T users? I ordered mine from the Apple store but on Verizon and it still has the "preparing shipment" or whatever the status says and I can't find it on UPS.

I don't even care about actually tracking my phone, I just want to be able to know it has shipped and is not canceled.

12. JohnMKeynes macrumors member

Well start getting angry, because they're going to tell you same worthless response. Worse part about it is that I stayed up two hours trying to place the order. I needed this phone for travel which was the whole reason I stayed up all night placing the order, since I needed it before the whole two to three week wait.

13. Voski thread starter macrumors member

I stayed up till 2:40am till I got my order through also. So I am gonna rage on whoever answers the phone tomorrow...

14. JohnMKeynes macrumors member

Not really following your statement since it doesn't make any sense. I'm for heavily regulating certain industries especially telecoms.

15. Voski thread starter macrumors member

So I called in today and no one seems to give a ****.

I talked to various different people.

First person claimed I had entered in the incorrect credit card info and that they were not able to charge me. After I assured her I was charged she just kept saying that I did something wrong.

Second person said that my bank had declined the charge and that it was a problem on the banks end. I call the bank and they assure me that the charge was not cancelled and that it was authorized. The agent even suggested that I conference call Apple so he can tell them the charge is authorized.

I call back and pretty much after some back and forth I was able to realize that everything must match your AT&T account exactly or the order processing will automatically reject your order.

I am not even going to try to pre-order at this point.

16. theperipheral macrumors 6502

Waiting in line on Friday won't be that bad.

17. outz macrumors 6502

if it's the worst why are you still with them? vote with your wallet instead of being a keyboard politician.

18. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

This happened to my friend who ordered his for ATT through Apple. That really really blows I can't believe they did that to you guys.

19. Byrd12 macrumors newbie

cancelled too..sucks man

ATT did the same thing to me, they cancelled, i reordered right away and replied to the email with the new info they said they would still try to honor the delivery for the 14th. no such luck, now when i called Apple all the could do is expedite my shipping. this really does suck i have the same pre order time line as explained earlier, took a hour and half to get my order through completely and they cancelled my order 2 days ago. so now i'm stuck until the 21st-28th unless I want to stand in line. thinking about paying somebody to do it for me though.

20. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

Happened to me last year. Ended up standing in line for a long time!

21. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

Please keep your political opinions to yourself

22. kromix macrumors member

You sir, are an idiot. How does heavy regulation of oligopolies going to prevent your order from being cancelled due to a need to re-verify your identity. They aren't going to regulate product launches to confirm everyone is treated fairly based on your pre-order time.
    Keep your political opinions to yourself, especially when you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Again... You sir, are an idiot

[​IMG]

23. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

I've heard people say this, but mine wasn't cancelled. My parents live in Texas and I in Utah and I made added a new line when ordering my phone through their plan. The shipping info said it was going to be mailed to Texas, but I called Apple and had them change it so it'd be shipped to the billing address of the debit card I used (Utah).

I honestly think they're just throwing random reasons and they truly don't know why it was cancelled.

24. lyrastar macrumors member

I also think they don't know why - because all of my information DID match. AND I used a credit card. So all of the people coming into these threads saying those are the reasons are not correct. Something glitched and they still don't really know what's going on.

25. iTouchIt macrumors regular

Same here. You would think AT&T could at least get some updates on orders in near-time instead of 7 days behind time.

----------

This is not even a apples to apples comparison. You are talking 20+ years ago. Different time, different business model, different everything!