Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
To my untrained eye it looks like there was 2 flights that left Incheon and are enroute to alaska but there isn't anymore after that in the immediate future. My money is on they won't get a departure scan and they'll just pop up in the states in about 4-5 hours

There are 3 flights leaving ICH, UPS99 (left about an hour ago), UPS97 (left about two hours ago), and UPS49A (scheduled to leave in about 1.5 hours). All heading to Alaska. I'd assume ours was on UPS99/97.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
That seems odd that customer service couldn't do it. As soon as the tracking number showed up on my UPS My Choice page (a couple days ago when it was still in ZhengZhou), I was able to to redirect delivery - Hold at UPS CC.
I was able to request a hold at the hub immediately as well.

Reactions: Cayden

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 10.41.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 10.41.51 AM.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 107

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Finally got that incheon departure scan for one, but my other phone is still stuck in ZZ.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
maybe im wrong but i firmly believe that UPS tracking is so wrong its quite an outrage really...i think that Apple gets correct information and based on that they send you your tracking info. I got my apple ship email some time during the night and then only later this morning an import scan into Louisville.....i bet they get the import information long before us...just a thought

k12123

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Just switched to preparing to ship either last night or this morning. Ordered 9/14 10pm. I was wondering how long it usually stays “preparing to ship?” Thanks!

alextripp

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Also, UPS customer support is telling me they aren't doing windows for iPhones even if you have mychoice premium

Spizike

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
Someone let me know how it leaving Incheon just now is great?

If it’s going to Alaska, could get help up there.. and if they all go to KY then we’ll wait for that as well.

Are UPS employees ninjas? I’m in California and to think that this will be in my hands tomorrow is crazy lol

rnj79

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
West Baton Rouge Parish, La
It is impossible to keep up with this thread.

My phone that is scheduled for delivery the 28th - Oct 5th is now showing as shipped and has a UPS tracking number. Delivery date has not been updated yet though and UPS tracking shows no scans.

I’m not sure why I thought it was coming FedEx. I must’ve been imagining things.

Its impossible to keep up and not all questions are being answered. I've asked a couple but they were skipped over :(

From what I've read, phones that ship from carriers (AT&T, etc) are shipped from FedEx. Phones ordered directly through Apple are shipped UPS.

Also, I received a shipping email this morning with a delivery date of September 24th. My original delivery dates were September 28th-October 5Th...

Keep checking back. You'll get a tracking number soon!!

Reactions: CarolG

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Someone let me know how it leaving Incheon just now is great?

If it’s going to Alaska, could get help up there.. and if they all go to KY then we’ll wait for that as well.

Are UPS employees ninjas? I’m in California and to think that this will be in my hands tomorrow is crazy lol

Because it happens every year, they get to Alaska and then the hub in Louisville by around 2 am, and then fly out to all the destination cities right after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.